Why Does Adrenal Cortex (raising Cortisol) Help Me Tolerate T3?

robertf

It's my understanding that adrenal gland is important for t4 conversion. One of the best things is to increase salt, assuming it does not aggravate the edema. You might also try to get consistent selenium dosing daily from brewer's yeast. Egg yolks to help repair the cortex. Sweating and saunas over long period of time to get rid of the conversion disruptors. There are some pro iodine posters here on this forum too (look them up and read carefully). If you're on the right track you'll eventually be able to wean off of the cortex supplements.

Antonello

@Joeyd Can you share what product are you taking? I've tried adrenal glandular and adrenal cortex and they are quite different

Momado965

As @Hans also said taking adrenal glandular is not only affecting cortisol but the entire adrenal gland output, which includes pregnenolone, DHEA and even progesterone. Unfortunately, due to the public always associating adrenal activity with cortisol it somehow became a meme that taking adrenal cortex is the OTC version of glucocorticoids. Nothing can be further from the truth. If adrenal glandular was mostly favoring cortisol synthesis it would have immunosuppresive effects but it does not. Quite to the contrary actually. It is known to help with viral outbreaks of herpes, flu, or even HCV/HBV.

What can be done naturally to “fortify” the adrenal gland and would you recommend taking adrenal cortex?

haidut

Forum Supporter
What can be done naturally to “fortify” the adrenal gland and would you recommend taking adrenal cortex?

This has been discussed multiples times on the forum and Peat has written about it as well. If you search around you will find multiple threads.

Momado965

This has been discussed multiples times on the forum and Peat has written about it as well. If you search around you will find multiple threads.

You could have listed the links to those threads or have given me a brief answer. Besides, I searched and coulfnt find anything useful.

TeaRex14

You could have listed the links to those threads or have given me a brief answer. Besides, I searched and coulfnt find anything useful.
Raising cholesterol by eating plenty of sugar and getting plenty of vitamin A to help steroid synthesis. Choline rich foods are needed to convert the sugar into cholesterol as well, so don't skip on eggs and liver. Salt and vitamin C play crucial roles in adrenal health as well.

Momado965

Raising cholesterol by eating plenty of sugar and getting plenty of vitamin A to help steroid synthesis. Choline rich foods are needed to convert the sugar into cholesterol as well, so don't skip on eggs and liver. Salt and vitamin C play crucial roles in adrenal health as well.

Cool and thank you. Would adding adrenal cortex be a good idea or will it raise stress hormones?

TeaRex14

Cool and thank you. Would adding adrenal cortex be a good idea or will it raise stress hormones?
It may help. I've taken adrenal cortex in the past without it doing much for me, but I was also eating low carb back then, and wasn't providing myself with the nutrients needed to support adrenals.

FitnessMike

i know its old thread but yes, seems like cortisol is very important for transporting t3 to the cells, you need optimal cortisol for the thyroid to function normally (i believe).

"Pooling" explained in below link

What does pooling mean? - Stop The Thyroid Madness

Peater Pan

I'm not saying it doesn't increase water retention. Your point is completely valid. But it's irrelevant to my post because I know that for some of us t3 goes down the less than favourable pathwats. But i want to get more details on why cortisol/adrenal cortex fixes this issue and whether Cortisol is important for T3 absorption
Does it even matter if Adrenal Cortex is working for you? I'm considering the same. What brand and dose do you take? My provider said adrenal glandular could help w/thyroid.

5a-DHP

Does it even matter if Adrenal Cortex is working for you? I'm considering the same. What brand and dose do you take? My provider said adrenal glandular could help w/thyroid.

Thorne's adrenal cortex is what most people use I believe.

The people who follow Peatfield's thyroid advice use Nutri Adrenal Extra, but that also contains the meduclla, and thus the adrenaline, which some people have claimed gives them anxiety.

5a-DHP

i know its old thread but yes, seems like cortisol is very important for transporting t3 to the cells, you need optimal cortisol for the thyroid to function normally (i believe).

"Pooling" explained in below link

What does pooling mean? - Stop The Thyroid Madness

A good adrenal response is required for thyroid to function, but cortisol doesn't 'transport' thyroid into the cell – there is zero evidence for such a claim and I have no idea why STTM continue to perpetuate this fallacy. Adrenal-related thyroid problems are more likely related to the hypoglycemia and mineral imbalance that comes with cortisol and aldosterone deficiency, which is why ACE, hydrocrotisone and sometimes pregnenolone can help people tolerate thyroid.

Peater Pan

A good adrenal response is required for thyroid to function, but cortisol doesn't 'transport' thyroid into the cell – there is zero evidence for such a claim and I have no idea why STTM continue to perpetuate this fallacy. Adrenal-related thyroid problems are more likely related to the hypoglycemia and mineral imbalance that comes with cortisol and aldosterone deficiency, which is why ACE, hydrocrotisone and sometimes pregnenolone can help people tolerate thyroid.
Whether 'transport' mechanism is proven or not, it seems adrenal glandular plays a role. Does it not itself contain hydrocortisone? I certainly am not hypoglycemic and I take magnesium (100 mg glycinate) w/thyroid (T3 or T3/T4) get plenty of seafood (oysters, clams, shrimp, albacore) and am having problems with uptake/getting to cells. I have very little thyroid tissue. What other minerals could be off? Would you supplement aldosterone? I had several rounds of steroids plus a shot for URI last year which I think may have thrown adrenals out of whack. This plus the thyroid recalls (Acella, RLC) and I've been f*cked for like a year now. SUFFERING.

Peater Pan

Thorne's adrenal cortex is what most people use I believe.

The people who follow Peatfield's thyroid advice use Nutri Adrenal Extra, but that also contains the meduclla, and thus the adrenaline, which some people have claimed gives them anxiety.
Thanks. Yeah, I don't need any extra adrenaline. LGS has glandulars too. My provider mentioned Thorne's. What's Peatfield's protocol (TLDR)?

Peater Pan

Yes, it might be estrogen related. I had that symptom for a long time. It's also connected to low thyroid and metabolism (and digestion).
Taking high amounts of progesterone helped a lot!! with water retention. Also, I use Cynoplus in the evening and T3 during the day.
Male or Female? How much for how long? How do you dose your thyroid? I'm male.>50yo. Think I'm having issues w/estrogen, adrenal insufficiency, probably low T all related to extended hypo spiral. D is good. Thyroid terrible (Hashi's/little tissue/weight gain/waxy skin/gland swelling/zombie/high lipids). Trying to dig my way out of a hole after chronic URI and all the NDT recalls. Switching to T3/T4 plus extra T3. Thinking about adrenal glandular, progesterone, B vitamins (think glucose is messed up to). Preg seems to give me more estrogenic (belly fat, gyno). Eating well, plenty of protein, calcium, salt, minerals, aspirin, K.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals