Why would progesterone make fibroids worse?

June

I'm on a facebook progesterone page and there is a member there who says progesterone made her bleed more and fibroids worse over time. Why would this be the case?? I thought progesterone is suppose to help not worsen. She said using estrogen settled everything. Is there something we are missing here?

I'm on a facebook progesterone page and there is a member there who says progesterone made her bleed more and fibroids worse over time. Why would this be the case?? I thought progesterone is suppose to help not worsen. She said using estrogen settled everything. Is there something we are missing here?
The progesterone source as well as it’s carrier can make it a hit or miss…

OP
J

June

The progesterone source as well as it’s carrier can make it a hit or miss…

I do question the method of her progesterone usage. She first started with prometrium than moved on to creams. Lots have had success with creams but maybe she needed a higher dose than normal? Im talking in the thousands of milligrams. But what baffles me is why estrogen helped? It may cause her issues in the long run but why the instant effect from estrogen? What is it doing to stop the bleeding?

I do question the method of her progesterone usage. She first started with prometrium than moved on to creams. Lots have had success with creams but maybe she needed a higher dose than normal? Im talking in the thousands of milligrams. But what baffles me is why estrogen helped? It may cause her issues in the long run but why the instant effect from estrogen? What is it doing to stop the bleeding?
I feel like a situation like hers where estrogen helped is like fish oil helping and issue. It can help an issue at that time, but there is a long term price for it. I don’t think every bad thing is always bad.

sunny

I don't know the answer, but I would say with certainty that more estrogen for any woman, even if it helped at the time, is going to be disastrous down the road.

From reading Dr Ray Peat and his references to Dr Broda Barnes ( book - Hypothyroidism, the unsuspected illness) - I think this woman is likely hypothyroid, and therefore estrogen dominant- they go hand in hand.

You can get some good starting points from bioenergetic search of Dr Peat interviews on any search term you type in. Also and old website I will link below.

Here is an example of doctors trying to cure everything with estrogen. My niece as a teenager had irregular and sometimes heavy periods. I am not sure the cause. But a doctor put her on birth control pills to " regulate her cycle". This was not a situation that I could intervene - her mother is a nurse who also believes in vaccination 😞.

Use the search to bring up articles:

freyasam

I saw some progesterone sold on Amazon that had 20 ingredients... some estrogenic herbs, some bad stuff that would be absorbed thru the skin. Can't remember what all but I knew I wouldn't want to use it. Plus the progesterone is diluted in water which I believe Peat said is not even absorbed.

I saw some progesterone sold on Amazon that had 20 ingredients... some estrogenic herbs, some bad stuff that would be absorbed thru the skin. Can't remember what all but I knew I wouldn't want to use it. Plus the progesterone is diluted in water which I believe Peat said is not even absorbed.
It is ridiculous isn’t it, the the poor quality stuff being peddled out there, and the people out there who buy it up without question.

freyasam

Why did she move from prometrium to the creams? Did the prometrium not help? I'm asking because I have experimented with prometrium and it is real progesterone, even though the fillers they put in it are not ideal. Prometrium, like progest e, stops my ovarian cyst pain. But I think long-term prometrium's fillers like titanium, etc, are disastrous for the gut and other systems.

I can't answer the part about why the estrogen stopped the heavy bleeding. I would imagine Pete would have explained how it is acting as a temporary band-aid. Who knows.

sunny

Maybe it's similar to this abomination of nature. Continual estrogen to only have a menstrual cycle a few times a year because they are so inconvenient. FFS.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals