Calcium D Glucarate+Prunella Vulgaris for someone 69+?

June

Can my mother, who is 69 years old take Calcium D Glucarate? I understand that this is to remove excess estrogens and her blood test levels are <40 pmol/L. I'm unsure if these are lower levels as the ranges on the results page are for those who still have a menstrual cycle. Can she take CDG daily? Or maybe twice a week. She's on a gut protocol and any supplement she takes she starts getting red in the face and bumps appear. I suspect estrogen circulating. All her issues started to arise after menopause 15 years ago. She experienced a leaky colon/anus and a host of gut issues at peri-menopause and it never left. She's currently taking Black seed oil extract to rid C.Difficile but battling the red facial bumps after dosing. This happens anytime she takes anything remotely estrogenic but I'm afraid to give her CDG. Her doctor wouldn't test her progesterone cause I assume he assumes that progesterone is no longer needed after menopause. She wants to experiment with Prunella Vulgaris tea to help her progesterone levels. She said back in her hometown people would use Prunella Vulgaris with soybeans as a balanced tea. I can see that as the case to balance estrogen/progesterone. But is it a good idea to raise estrogen at her age? I know it plummets after menopause but does estrogen still need to be opposed? Thanks for reading.

GTW

For better or worse Prunella vulgaris tea is not likely to have sudden or dramatic effects and certainly not irreversible. So, worth a try. AKA Self heal, Heal all grows nearby. I read that some of the supposedly active constituents are also in chaga.
In the Western tradition the herb is picked in flower, in TCM after flowering when the plant dries up.

David PS

Can my mother, who is 69 years old take Calcium D Glucarate? I understand that this is to remove excess estrogens and her blood test levels are <40 pmol/L. I'm unsure if these are lower levels as the ranges on the results page are for those who still have a menstrual cycle. Can she take CDG daily? Or maybe twice a week. She's on a gut protocol and any supplement she takes she starts getting red in the face and bumps appear. I suspect estrogen circulating. All her issues started to arise after menopause 15 years ago. She experienced a leaky colon/anus and a host of gut issues at peri-menopause and it never left. She's currently taking Black seed oil extract to rid C.Difficile but battling the red facial bumps after dosing. This happens anytime she takes anything remotely estrogenic but I'm afraid to give her CDG. Her doctor wouldn't test her progesterone cause I assume he assumes that progesterone is no longer needed after menopause. She wants to experiment with Prunella Vulgaris tea to help her progesterone levels. She said back in her hometown people would use Prunella Vulgaris with soybeans as a balanced tea. I can see that as the case to balance estrogen/progesterone. But is it a good idea to raise estrogen at her age? I know it plummets after menopause but does estrogen still need to be opposed? Thanks for reading.
In my non-medical opinion, estrogen still needs to be opposed for the same reason that older men have high estrogen levels. Their estrogen levels are sometimes higher than their female counterparts.

There is more than one way to lower estrogen. From Peatbot:
User: how to lower estrogen

Peatbot: To lower estrogen levels, there are several strategies you can try:

1. Improve liver function: The liver plays a crucial role in metabolizing and eliminating excess estrogen from the body. To support liver health, you can:
- Eat a balanced diet: Include plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins in your diet. Avoid processed foods, excessive alcohol consumption, and foods high in saturated fats.
- Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water to support liver function and help flush out toxins.
- Limit exposure to toxins: Minimize your exposure to environmental toxins, such as pesticides, chemicals, and pollutants, which can disrupt hormone balance.
- Support liver detoxification: Certain herbs and supplements, such as milk thistle, dandelion root, and turmeric, may help support liver detoxification processes.

2. Manage stress: Chronic stress can lead to increased estrogen production. To manage stress levels, you can:
- Practice relaxation techniques: Engage in activities like meditation, deep breathing exercises, yoga, or tai chi to reduce stress and promote hormonal balance.
- Get enough sleep: Aim for 7-9 hours of quality sleep each night to support overall hormone regulation.
- Engage in regular exercise: Regular physical activity can help reduce stress and promote hormonal balance.

3. Maintain a healthy weight: Excess body fat can contribute to higher estrogen levels. To maintain a healthy weight:
- Eat a balanced diet: Focus on whole, nutrient-dense foods and avoid excessive calorie intake.
- Engage in regular exercise: Incorporate both cardiovascular exercise and strength training to support weight management.

4. Consider dietary changes: Certain foods may help regulate estrogen levels. You can:
- Increase fiber intake: Consuming fiber-rich foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and legumes can help promote healthy estrogen metabolism and elimination.
- Consume cruciferous vegetables: Vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, and Brussels sprouts contain compounds that support estrogen balance.
- Limit processed foods: Processed foods often contain additives and preservatives that can disrupt hormone balance. Opt for whole, unprocessed foods whenever possible.

5. Consult with a healthcare professional: If you suspect you have high estrogen levels or are experiencing symptoms related to hormonal imbalance, it's important to consult with a healthcare professional. They can evaluate your specific situation and provide personalized recommendations or prescribe medication if necessary.

Remember, it's essential to approach hormone balance holistically and make lifestyle changes that support overall health and well-being.

Edit:

GTW

Hormones are in need of balance generally. Topical progesterone was effective for 35 year old ex GF to prevent PMS\cramps.

OP
J

June

Thank everyone! great tips. I will run this by her and make sure she takes a holistic approach. Liver detoxification is a huge factor. But still curious if anyone uses Calcium D glucarate in old age and if it is safe. It is from fruit after all? @GTW good to hear it worked for your ex GF. But with my mom being in post menopause, both the hormone levels plummet, so I think the integration of progesterone would be different for her? But like @David PS said, estrogen still needs to be opposed.

GTW

Thank everyone! great tips. I will run this by her and make sure she takes a holistic approach. Liver detoxification is a huge factor. But still curious if anyone uses Calcium D glucarate in old age and if it is safe. It is from fruit after all? @GTW good to hear it worked for your ex GF. But with my mom being in post menopause, both the hormone levels plummet, so I think the integration of progesterone would be different for her? But like @David PS said, estrogen still needs to be opposed.
According to some experts problems for post menopausal women may be alleviated with small testosterone replacement therapy. Some estrogen is normally converted to testosterone. Again balance not absolute levels of any one hormone.

OP
J

June

According to some experts problems for post menopausal women may be alleviated with small testosterone replacement therapy. Some estrogen is normally converted to testosterone. Again balance not absolute levels of any one hormone.
Thanks! I will have to look into this. I just noticed on her test results her testosterone is 0.6 with a range of <1.5 nmol/L.

Dave Clark

Calcium d glucarate apparently lowers beta glucuronidase, which prevents the reabsorption of estrogen, and therefore can be eliminated. Also, it is helpful with detoxification;

Detoxing the Liver​

When calcium-d-glucarate is taken orally, it’s metabolized into glucaric acid. This is the active form of CDG and the one produced naturally by the body. Glucaric acid is not available as a supplement by itself, which is why you have to take CDG. Calcium–d-glucarate can detox the liver for up to five hours.

Glucaric acid binds to toxins in the stomach which are then removed in the urine. Glucaric acid also circulates around the body, performing the same function – scavenging and releasing toxins. Removing toxins from the liver will increase and optimize liver function and promote a healthier metabolism. It will also allow your liver to flush out other toxins that would otherwise cause problems.

There is some concern that along with helping to remove estrogen, that C-d-G could maybe remove other welcomed hormones, but I have not seen any studies confirming this assertion. You could always test to see if testosterone, etc. are being lowered as well.
I3-C is another compound that can help with estrogen metabolism, by converting the strong estrogen to the weaker estrogen, plus other things that you can read on the link. I know that this compound doesn't get much love here, but may be very helpful for people with estrogen issues, and there is a good bit of clinical and scientific studies to back it up.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals