Low Toxin Testimonials Why We Stopped the Vitamin A Detox Diet

S.Holmes

My husband and I did Grant Genereaux's low A diet for several months. No changes for the better for us. I wondered if anyone else had tried it with similar results and found this.

BobbyJackson

I posted that article in another thread as well yesterday. It was an interesting read. She also was someone who was promoting this heavily and even wrote a book about it but has retracted everything.

InChristAlone

I said this in the other thread too: I remember that lady in the vitamin A facebook group from the beginning. She was one of the first to take on going low vit A for her family. It was before we knew about the toxic bile stuff. So the diet was basically just avoiding all sources of vitamin A. We didn't have all pieces of the puzzle yet. Also she doesn't say what a day of eating actually looked like, maybe they were undereating, that's very possible because she seems orthorexic. She went right back to her 'healthy diet'. Eating the rainbow of vegetables. I will never go back to eating the rainbow even if it comes out that we need a certain level of vit A. I much prefer animal sources.

OP
S.Holmes

S.Holmes

I have a friend who swears by a supplement that raises cortisol. She says it makes her look and feel years younger. I have another friend who does bioidentical hormone therapy (including estrogen). Same story. I know of people who are addicted to exercise (running miles a day).. We all know people who are addicted to stress hormones in one form or another. My point is HOW something works is as, or more important than the fact that it works. That's RP 101. If low A eliminates inflammation (the body uses inflammation to trigger healing) I wonder how long before people who avoid the A foods will develop cancer. My brother in law beat his cancer drinking veg juices (Gerson). I hope others who have tried the low A diet without success will speak up.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
It seems she gave it a fair trial.
Also please let us know the protocol/diet food choices you and your husband did along with what minerals you took to support the liver.

Summer

I’ve tried a low-A diet as well. Although I wasn’t doing it to reduce vitamin A but more so to reduce fat. I was mostly eating beef, white rice and white cannellini beans similar to Frank Tufano. I honestly don’t recall feeling any better or worse doing it, but I did miss dairy and the occasional sweet treat. I may try it once more as I’ve been eating way too much fat and I have a suboptimal liver (Gilbert’s syndrome). Gonna keep low-fat milk though.

InChristAlone

I have a friend who swears by a supplement that raises cortisol. She says it makes her look and feel years younger. I have another friend who does bioidentical hormone therapy (including estrogen). Same story. I know of people who are addicted to exercise (running miles a day).. We all know people who are addicted to stress hormones in one form or another. My point is HOW something works is as, or more important than the fact that it works. That's RP 101. If low A eliminates inflammation (the body uses inflammation to trigger healing) I wonder how long before people who avoid the A foods will develop cancer. My brother in law beat his cancer drinking veg juices (Gerson). I hope others who have tried the low A diet without success will speak up.
Why do you think they don't analyze cancerous tissue? Because then the cause would be known. Retinoids are well studied for being chemo. I'd rather not use chemo when I have no cancer. Fat soluble toxins take a long time to come out. Grant has been near zero A and still has some left in his blood after 9 yrs.

OP
S.Holmes

S.Holmes

Also please let us know the protocol/diet food choices you and your husband did along with what minerals you took to support the liver.
I read everything Garrett Smith had written and applied it fairly thoroughly. This was pre-covid and I cannot possibly remember every detail. I DO however remember that we took supplements and ate a boatload of beef and rice. We were all pretty happy to leave this diet behind.

If it works for others, great! I would really like to hear a status report from low A peeps in about 10 years.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I read everything Garrett Smith had written and applied it fairly thoroughly. This was pre-covid and I cannot possibly remember every detail. I DO however remember that we took supplements and ate a boatload of beef and rice. We were all pretty happy to leave this diet behind.

If it works for others, great! I would really like to hear a status report from low A peeps in about 10 years.
That was very early with Smith's entry into the low A world and he now understands it much better and has refined the process quite a bit. Many are seeing the big changes starting to happen around year 2 and year 3 although there are plenty of good things happening before that. I did not start seeing big changes till about 1.5 years in, again, seeing plenty of other changes before that though.

Nick

Gonna keep low-fat milk though.
I would avoid low fat milk with added vitamin A at all costs. I think it was one of the foods that did the most harm for me. I'd rather drink full fat milk than low fat with added retinyl palmitate. You might be able to find a non-homogenized milk without vitamin that you can skim yourself by allowing the milk to fully separate, then poking a hole in the bottom of the carton and draining the skim milk into a jar until it gets to the cream layer.

Summer

I would avoid low fat milk with added vitamin A at all costs. I think it was one of the foods that did the most harm for me. I'd rather drink full fat milk than low fat with added retinyl palmitate. You might be able to find a non-homogenized milk without vitamin that you can skim yourself by allowing the milk to fully separate, then poking a hole in the bottom of the carton and draining the skim milk into a jar until it gets to the cream layer.
Thanks for the suggestions. Thankfully I have access to non-fortified A2 milk. If only it were raw, it would be perfect.

Mufasa

It was before we knew about the toxic bile stuff. So the diet was basically just avoiding all sources of vitamin A. We didn't have all pieces of the puzzle yet.
What if it is only about the toxic bile and not about the vitamin A at all.

I think there is much more scientific evidence about that, then vitamin A.

Ben.

This whole vitamin a and toxic bile thing sounds like karen hurds bean protocoll all over again.

Probably usefull when there realy is recirculating toxins there.

GreekDemiGod

In June of 2018 my thyroid labs were great! Then I started lowering my meds on the VAD Diet. In February of 2019 my levels were getting worse. But I ignored the numbers. I felt ok for a little while. Then not so much.

I just had a new round of bloodwork (January 2020). Sure enough, it shows things have gotten worse. Actually a lot worse. I need to really bump up my medication dose. Back to where I started.
So she was on thyroid medication, she reduced the dose, noticed the labs worsened and ignored that. Facepalm.
I swear some people just lack critical thinking.

InChristAlone

I think it needs to be combined. We need to be able to have good ALDH and retinol binding protein (zinc dependent becomes it seems this is more like an antibody wrapper it completely encapsulates the retinol) and good bile flow to not be harmed by what comes out. Vit A is rapidly cleared from the blood when they have given a supp to people. Where is it going? It's shuttled away into our fatty tissues.

Check out this study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4452429/
Overall, such findings indicate a potential ability of vitamin A and its derivatives to negatively interact with biological membranes, an event that may lead to organelle stress, as, for instance, mitochondrial dysfunction, and to cell apoptosis or necrosis.

Vitamin A and its derivatives, the retinoids, disrupt mitochondrial function by a mechanism that is not completely understood. However, it accounts with impaired electron flux between the complexes of the METC, increased ROS production, and induction of oxidative and nitrosative stress to mitochondrial membranes. Additionally, vitamin A and retinoids alter the mitochondrial structure by causing swelling of the organelle. More investigations are needed to elucidate how vitamin A and retinoids affect mitochondria and whether there is a causative link between such event and the clinical manifestations observed both experimentally and in humans.’

pasted image 0 (1).png

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals