Why No Change?

GAF

It is a whole combination of things. Igniting your metabolism by every means possible is the beginning. Fear and timidity is the ultimate enemy. Not being able to breathe is a terrible thing and your brain doesn't make good decisions when deprived of basic air.

Coughing is a CO2 issue so becoming good a bag breathing is a must. I used to tape my mouth shut at my desk and while driving and even at home sitting around.

Food triggers coughing, so small quantities eaten slowly is important too.

Most important is to banish fear and do not become your disease.

OP
Lizb

Lizb

It is a whole combination of things. Igniting your metabolism by every means possible is the beginning. Fear and timidity is the ultimate enemy. Not being able to breathe is a terrible thing and your brain doesn't make good decisions when deprived of basic air.

Coughing is a CO2 issue so becoming good a bag breathing is a must. I used to tape my mouth shut at my desk and while driving and even at home sitting around.

Food triggers coughing, so small quantities eaten slowly is important too.

Most important is to banish fear and do not become your disease.
Wonderful advice and comment, thank you. I do tape at night and have mastered nasal breathing with mouth firmly shut for a couple of years now, even when exercising. Eating slowly I don't do so that's a quick easy change. I'll set to work seeing how I can get metabolism going....more reading! Thanks again. Still amazed you have beaten Bronchiectasis, really wonderful!

L

lollipop

Take an aspirin and call me two years from now.
@Lizb this was actually my case as well. Right about the two year mark into Peating, things began changing for the better. Our starting point, age, etc. are determining factors in the speed of healing and change. Before the two year mark went like this: started peat influenced diet, gained weight, had a huge estrogen dump. Then not much changed until the two year mark. During the "no change" phase, I remained steady on course, made a few dietary tweaks, and the suddenly my metabolic system kicked in and with no changes, extra weight dropped off, temps went up, feel much more energized, etc. To @Such_Saturation's point albeit said in brevity, hang on, be tenacious, things will change. I have even read it takes some four years to see dramatic results. Again many factors will affect that.

Hope his helps and good luck. :): This forum is great for encouraging you during your journey, if only from just reading about others journeys.

HLP

It does take time for things to improve as SS indicates. That being said, you will get there. Yes NDT is likely where you need to go next. Since you have lung issues, you might want to check out Buteyko breathing to help improve lung function. Costs nothing....just some effort on a daily basis. Watch your fat intake if you are gaining. Keep us posted.

Can asthmatics take aspirin?
I see there is an issue with inflammatory enzymes and aspirin in asthma. Perhaps PUFA depletion is the answer to both this and the asthma itself. It will be especially interesting to hear Ray Peat's ideas about aspirin-induced asthma.

tara

Just a thought - if you are not already doing so, splitting your day's on B-vits into multiple small doses, eg some with each meal, that might make a small difference.

raypeatclips

@Such_Saturation I asked Ray in 2013 about taking aspirin when you have asthma this was his response.

"I know people who had lifelong "aspirin allergy" who now use it regularly. I think part of it is the metabolic problems caused by PUFA and low thyroid function."

OP
Lizb

Lizb

L
I see there is an issue with inflammatory enzymes and aspirin in asthma. Perhaps PUFA depletion is the answer to both this and the asthma itself. It will be especially interesting to hear Ray Peat's ideas about aspirin-induced asthma.
I haven't heard Dr. Peat make comment on this issue so far. I'm sure it will be in an interview somewhere. I'll let you know if I come across it. Thank you for the reply.

OP
Lizb

Lizb

@Such_Saturation I asked Ray in 2013 about taking aspirin when you have asthma this was his response.

"I know people who had lifelong "aspirin allergy" who now use it regularly. I think part of it is the metabolic problems caused by PUFA and low thyroid function."
Ah thank you!! ....how much aspirin I wonder....trial and error I guess.....

OP
Lizb

Lizb

It does take time for things to improve as SS indicates. That being said, you will get there. Yes NDT is likely where you need to go next. Since you have lung issues, you might want to check out Buteyko breathing to help improve lung function. Costs nothing....just some effort on a daily basis. Watch your fat intake if you are gaining. Keep us posted.
Thank you. I do use Buteyko and find it very helpful and it definitely works. I started Peating as I find Buteyko so difficult and was looking for something to help/bridge the gap...making Buteyko easier for me to progress with. Will definitely watch the fat.

OP
Lizb

Lizb

@Lizb this was actually my case as well. Right about the two year mark into Peating, things began changing for the better. Our starting point, age, etc. are determining factors in the speed of healing and change. Before the two year mark went like this: started peat influenced diet, gained weight, had a huge estrogen dump. Then not much changed until the two year mark. During the "no change" phase, I remained steady on course, made a few dietary tweaks, and the suddenly my metabolic system kicked in and with no changes, extra weight dropped off, temps went up, feel much more energized, etc. To @Such_Saturation's point albeit said in brevity, hang on, be tenacious, things will change. I have even read it takes some four years to see dramatic results. Again many factors will affect that.

Hope his helps and good luck. :) This forum is great for encouraging you during your journey, if only from just reading about others journeys.
Very encouraging forum I agree, thank you everyone. I had what I presume was a pufa dump at about 5 weeks. I laid on the floor or sofa for four days. I wonder was this damaging, did I do too much too quickly.....

From everything said in this thread it's trial and error. Dr Peat (advice given via a UK herbalist) has recently recommended milk with sugar every 2 hours for a while. I have done this before without effect but giving it another try, and of course others here have said no milk, so I must try everything. If it's worked for others it might work for me.

Dave Clark

Some of your symptoms sound like those associated with fungal overgrowth. Sorry to jump on this band wagon, but I would try using a good natural anti-fungal like Oreganol P-73, and if some of your symptoms clear up, you have your answer, or at least one of them. So many of us have these issues in today's world because of gut problems brought on by antibiotics, glyphosate, heavy metal toxicity, etc. Most people know of the Mayo Clinic study where they showed that 99% of sinus infections were caused by fungus, not bacteria.

OP
Lizb

Lizb

Some of your symptoms sound like those associated with fungal overgrowth. Sorry to jump on this band wagon, but I would try using a good natural anti-fungal like Oreganol P-73, and if some of your symptoms clear up, you have your answer, or at least one of them. So many of us have these issues in today's world because of gut problems brought on by antibiotics, glyphosate, heavy metal toxicity, etc. Most people know of the Mayo Clinic study where they showed that 99% of sinus infections were caused by fungus, not bacteria.
Thank you Dave, I will look into that. Interesting and new information to me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom