Why No Change?

Lizb

I've been Peating for at least five months. This is what I eat...

Salt, OJ, milk, white sugar, soft juicy fruit, cooked fruit, Ice cream H.Daas., lamb, liver (love it), prawns, squid, mussels, beef, some chicken, broth made from organic chicken bones, sour dough, egg, butter, coconut oil, cream, carrot salad, potatoes well cooked, veggies with my meal. The occasional shortbread biscuit, cake on people's birthdays, tea, coffee after a meal, carbonated water rarely, rice pops, rice pudding, meringue, medjool dates, oat biscuits, cheese. I eat out occasionally out when I try to choose the best food but of course very difficult. I never drink alcohol.

I have asthma and bronchiectasis, hot flushes meaning I wake every two hours at night, chronic rhinitis.

I'm not over weight but Peating has given me a bit of a tummy.

I've just started on pregnenolone.

I have had no relief at all from any of the above. Why?!

opethfeldt

What's your lifestyle like? If you're sedentary and stressed, it really doesn't matter what your diet is like.

theLaw

Optimal diet for increasing lifespan

And then begin by solving the big 3:

+ Clean the Liver

Caffeine Reverses Stress, Insulin Resistance, Hypertension

High Protein Diet Prevents & Reverses Fatty Liver Disease (steatosis)

+ Fix Digestive Issues

Amino Acid Supplementation For People With Poor Digestion

Ray Peat Potato Protein Soup (RPPPS)

Cyproheptadine - A Wonder Drug?

+ Reduce PUFA in Tissues down to almost nothing

PUFA Depletion Can (probably) Be Accomplished In 30 Days!

Haidut's Summary Of PUFA

VoS uncoupling thread

Cheers!:cool:

This is not a quick-fix regiment for weekend warriors, but an opportunity to change your life and health for the better, so take this seriously by reading and testing as much as possible (the search function is far more effective and efficient than any member's advice).

Wagner83

I'd consider dairy, and in particular cow dairy products (cream, milk, haagen dasz etc..), as a cause of your issues. What veggies and tea do you have?

GAF

Fruit, no dairy, and more fruit. B vitamins especially B2 in large doses, and more B vitamins and fruit, mildronate, diamox, cordyceps mushrooms from Aloha Medicinals, sunshine and clean air, taping mouth shut at nite.

I had bronchiectasis for long time. I might have cured it, but I am not going to get an mri to find out. I stay away from those people and their devices.

Peatful

I've been Peating for at least five months. This is what I eat...

Salt, OJ, milk, white sugar, soft juicy fruit, cooked fruit, Ice cream H.Daas., lamb, liver (love it), prawns, squid, mussels, beef, some chicken, broth made from organic chicken bones, sour dough, egg, butter, coconut oil, cream, carrot salad, potatoes well cooked, veggies with my meal. The occasional shortbread biscuit, cake on people's birthdays, tea, coffee after a meal, carbonated water rarely, rice pops, rice pudding, meringue, medjool dates, oat biscuits, cheese. I eat out occasionally out when I try to choose the best food but of course very difficult. I never drink alcohol.

I have asthma and bronchiectasis, hot flushes meaning I wake every two hours at night, chronic rhinitis.

I've just started on pregnenolone.

I have had no relief at all from any of the above. Why?!
What is your temperature after breakfast and after lunch? Pulse?

OP
Lizb

Lizb

What's your lifestyle like? If you're sedentary and stressed, it really doesn't matter what your diet is like.
Retired early. Walk daily, gardening. Sauna occasionally. Relaxed life at home with the occasional holiday. Good family. No real stress apart from the lungs! Point taken.

OP
Lizb

Lizb

Optimal diet for increasing lifespan

And then begin by solving the big 3:

+ Clean the Liver

Caffeine Reverses Stress, Insulin Resistance, Hypertension

High Protein Diet Prevents & Reverses Fatty Liver Disease (steatosis)

+ Fix Digestive Issues

Amino Acid Supplementation For People With Poor Digestion

Ray Peat Potato Protein Soup (RPPPS)

Cyproheptadine - A Wonder Drug?

+ Reduce PUFA in Tissues down to almost nothing

PUFA Depletion Can (probably) Be Accomplished In 30 Days!

Haidut's Summary Of PUFA

VoS uncoupling thread

Cheers!:cool:

This is not a quick-fix regiment for weekend warriors, but an opportunity to change your life and health for the better, so take this seriously by reading and testing as much as possible (the search function is far more effective and efficient than any member's advice).
Thank you I appreciate your effort to reply and I will read all the links. I have read a fair bit of Peat's work and listened to nearly all his YouTube interviews. I often make notes when listening....its a lot of information to take in. thank you.

OP
Lizb

Lizb

What is your temperature after breakfast and after lunch? Pulse?
Pulse knocks around at about 60. Temperature on waking is 36.3 and goes up sometimes to 37 after food. Bedtime temperature usually 36.7. Only ever tested once after lunch, will do that again. Best way to test temperature please - do I need to sit still for five minutes? How long after food?

Peatful

Pulse knocks around at about 60. Temperature on waking is 36.3 and goes up sometimes to 37 after food. Bedtime temperature usually 36.7. Only ever tested once after lunch, will do that again. Best way to test temperature please - do I need to sit still for five minutes? How long after food?
I eat. Sit still for 15 minutes then take. I use an oral thermometer, not temporal thermometer.

OP
Lizb

Lizb

Fruit, no dairy, and more fruit. B vitamins especially B2 in large doses, and more B vitamins and fruit, mildronate, diamox, cordyceps mushrooms from Aloha Medicinals, sunshine and clean air, taping mouth shut at nite.

I had bronchiectasis for long time. I might have cured it, but I am not going to get an mri to find out. I stay away from those people and their devices.
Thank you and I'm so pleased to hear you have resolved bronchiectasis, that's amazing!! All well noted. Vit b makes my urine very yellow verging on orange. Do you get that? I get sunshine, got good air and tape mouth (when note coughing too much). Many thanks indeed.

Peatful

"Well, gaining weight probably isn't the issue, it's gaining inches and bulging.." "if someone is putting down fat rather than muscle, their pants are getting too tight, they are just eating too much probably too much fat or total calories."-RP

He's talking about saturated dairy fat in that quote because right after that he said: "I’ve mentioned that at times I've averaged over the years probably a gallon of milk a day but that's always been 1% milk because even at two quarts of milk, a person doesn't want to have whole milk at three or 4% fat."

East West: Questions & Answers II

Cut down on the cream, butter, cheese and any milk that isn't 1% or lower.

What is your gender, height and weight?

Last edited:
OP
Lizb

Lizb

I'd consider dairy, and in particular cow dairy products (cream, milk, haagen dasz etc..), as a cause of your issues. What veggies and tea do you have?
Oh. I thought it was all about the milk! Will consider though. Courgettes, runner beans, peas, squash, broad beans from the garden, carrot, celery, parsley, watercress, a bit of salad sometimes. Tea - normal tea, Yorkshire tea, PG tips etc. About two cups a day. Coffee a cup after a meal once maybe twice a day.

OP
Lizb

Lizb

"Well, gaining weight probably isn't the issue, it's gaining inches and bulging.." "if someone is putting down fat rather than muscle, their pants are getting too tight, they are just eating too much probably too much fat or total calories."-RP

He's talking about saturated dairy fat in that quote because right after that he said: "I’ve mentioned that at times I've averaged over the years probably a gallon of milk a day but that's always been 1% milk because even at two cups of milk, a person doesn't want to have whole milk at three or 4% fat."

East West: Questions & Answers II

Cut down on the cream, butter, cheese and any milk that isn't 1% or lower.

What is your gender, height and weight?
Understood. Yes I drink half fat milk. butter, single cream and ice cream are definitely on the agenda!! I try to stick to cottage cheese but I do vary it as it gets very boring so probably eat too much full fat cheese too. ......Doesn't leave much pleasure in eating. Female, 5' 5", 9.11 stone.

artlange

Pulse this low (60) looks like low metabolism. Peat suggests higher HR. my sleeping HR lowest is 70 and sitting at desk is around 80s. I am supplementing with NDT. without NDT my HR was lower. I measure my temp with a Vicks oral. works very fast and is reliable when used properly. ( make sure you take it out of your mouth when you start a new temp cycle and when the old reading appears and the light goes out, then put it in your mouth.)
Thank you and I'm so pleased to hear you have resolved bronchiectasis, that's amazing!! All well noted. Vit b makes my urine very yellow verging on orange. Do you get that? I get sunshine, got good air and tape mouth (when note coughing too much). Many thanks indeed.
vitamine B2 makes urine yellow-orange.

OP
Lizb

Lizb

Pulse this low (60) looks like low metabolism. Peat suggests higher HR. my sleeping HR lowest is 70 and sitting at desk is around 80s. I am supplementing with NDT. without NDT my HR was lower. I measure my temp with a Vicks oral. works very fast and is reliable when used properly. ( make sure you take it out of your mouth when you start a new temp cycle and when the old reading appears and the light goes out, then put it in your mouth.)

vitamine B2 makes urine yellow-orange.
Thank you will consider NDT as all this Peating hasn't increased my pulse at all. Low pulse is common with this lung condition.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom