Why No Change?

artlange

If you are not supplementing with Vit D, then 5000 IU/day seems to fit a lot of people to get their D level to optimal levels. If you take D for a few weeks before your blood test, then you can adjust up or down when you finally get the test results. Vit D is very safe even at 10000 IU/day.

Peatful

@Lizb this was actually my case as well. Right about the two year mark into Peating, things began changing for the better. Our starting point, age, etc. are determining factors in the speed of healing and change. Before the two year mark went like this: started peat influenced diet, gained weight, had a huge estrogen dump. Then not much changed until the two year mark. During the "no change" phase, I remained steady on course, made a few dietary tweaks, and the suddenly my metabolic system kicked in and with no changes, extra weight dropped off, temps went up, feel much more energized, etc. To @Such_Saturation's point albeit said in brevity, hang on, be tenacious, things will change. I have even read it takes some four years to see dramatic results. Again many factors will affect that.

Hope his helps and good luck. :) This forum is great for encouraging you during your journey, if only from just reading about others journeys.
@lisaferraro
This is great data. Thank you.
You said you had a huge estrogen dump.
How long did that last in general, and what were some of your more outstanding symptoms?

GAF

Some of your symptoms sound like those associated with fungal overgrowth. Sorry to jump on this band wagon, but I would try using a good natural anti-fungal like Oreganol P-73, and if some of your symptoms clear up, you have your answer, or at least one of them. So many of us have these issues in today's world because of gut problems brought on by antibiotics, glyphosate, heavy metal toxicity, etc. Most people know of the Mayo Clinic study where they showed that 99% of sinus infections were caused by fungus, not bacteria.

Second that...about 2 months ago I blew my nose in the shower and a 3/4 inch long white block of wax came out. I saved it. It's in the fridge. Amazing how breathing is clearer than ever. It was definitely not snot. Researched it and fungal was my conclusion. What dislodged it was spraying stuff that had horseradish or something hot for a few weeks prior. Fungus angle worth pursuing.

L

lollipop

@lisaferraro
This is great data. Thank you.
You said you had a huge estrogen dump.
How long did that last in general, and what were some of your more outstanding symptoms?
Hi @Peatful, let's see, what were my symptoms? Oh I think it is also was PUFA release:

*weight gain - stubborn would not change
*weakened liver from VLC could not keep up with the releasing PUFA and Estrogen
*hot flashes (still had my cycle - NOT in Menopause)
*irritability
*all over general malaise, not my normal self. Hard to describe, just felt off.
*insomnia
*veins on the back of hands pronounced,
*headaches which I had NEVER had before in my life.
*gut issues returned

There might have been more, atm all I recall.

I kept on experimenting with diet, upped my progesterone dose to push Estrogen out of tissue, used Aspirin - which was AMAZING at relieving symptoms and helping me feel like my normal self. As time passed, my symptoms slowly abated and went away completely. The weight started coming off around two year mark along with high temps and strong energy all day long. Do not need to snack near as much, my liver stores glycogen very well now.

Does that answer your question?

Peatful

Hi @Peatful, let's see, what were my symptoms? Oh I think it is also was PUFA release:

*weight gain - stubborn would not change
*weakened liver from VLC could not keep up with the releasing PUFA and Estrogen
*hot flashes (still had my cycle - NOT in Menopause)
*irritability
*all over general malaise, not my normal self. Hard to describe, just felt off.
*insomnia
*veins on the back of hands pronounced,
*headaches which I had NEVER had before in my life.
*gut issues returned

There might have been more, atm all I recall.

I kept on experimenting with diet, upped my progesterone dose to push Estrogen out of tissue, used Aspirin - which was AMAZING at relieving symptoms and helping me feel like my normal self. As time passed, my symptoms slowly abated and went away completely. The weight started coming off around two year mark along with high temps and strong energy all day long. Do not need to snack near as much, my liver stores glycogen very well now.

Does that answer your question?
@lisaferraro
It does answer my question. Thank you.
Aspirin was therapeutic for me as well, but came with even more unpleasant, pronounced side effects. Too bad because I think it is a powerful cortisol and estrogen inhibitor.
Lastly, the two year timeline is really good to hear. Perspective.

L

lollipop

@lisaferraro
It does answer my question. Thank you.
Aspirin was therapeutic for me as well, but came with even more unpleasant, pronounced side effects. Too bad because I think it is a powerful cortisol and estrogen inhibitor.
Lastly, the two year timeline is really good to hear. Perspective.
You are welcome :):

Well the cool thing is I hardly need to use Aspirin any more, maybe once a week or even every two weeks? I never had trouble with its potential gut problems as I always took it with milk. I did notice it contributed to stubborn weight, but was willing to make the trade off to feel "normal". Now most of my supplements are tools in my medical kit at home, for emergency care ❤️

Constatine

I've been Peating for at least five months. This is what I eat...

Salt, OJ, milk, white sugar, soft juicy fruit, cooked fruit, Ice cream H.Daas., lamb, liver (love it), prawns, squid, mussels, beef, some chicken, broth made from organic chicken bones, sour dough, egg, butter, coconut oil, cream, carrot salad, potatoes well cooked, veggies with my meal. The occasional shortbread biscuit, cake on people's birthdays, tea, coffee after a meal, carbonated water rarely, rice pops, rice pudding, meringue, medjool dates, oat biscuits, cheese. I eat out occasionally out when I try to choose the best food but of course very difficult. I never drink alcohol.

I have asthma and bronchiectasis, hot flushes meaning I wake every two hours at night, chronic rhinitis.

I'm not over weight but Peating has given me a bit of a tummy.

I've just started on pregnenolone.

I have had no relief at all from any of the above. Why?!
White sugar by itself should really be used therapeutically for short amounts of time. Not as part of the diet. Sugared milk is great.
Asthma is a high serotonin low CO2 condition. It is closely related to edema (basically is edema). Anything that lowers serotonin or betters cell respiration will help. Vitamin K2 is remarkably effective for asthma and edema (especially in very high doses). There are many other supplements that would help but K2 would be my go to for this problem.

OP
Lizb

Lizb

White sugar by itself should really be used therapeutically for short amounts of time. Not as part of the diet. Sugared milk is great.
Asthma is a high serotonin low CO2 condition. It is closely related to edema (basically is edema). Anything that lowers serotonin or betters cell respiration will help. Vitamin K2 is remarkably effective for asthma and edema (especially in very high doses). There are many other supplements that would help but K2 would be my go to for this problem.
Thanks very much and all well noted. If I go the supplement route, I find it difficult to choose a supplier and choose the right product , everything seems to have something in it at Ray doesn't like. If you're in the UK can you recommend?

Constatine

Thanks very much and all well noted. If I go the supplement route, I find it difficult to choose a supplier and choose the right product , everything seems to have something in it at Ray doesn't like. If you're in the UK can you recommend?
I'm in the US. The only two good vitamin k2 products I know of is Thorne and Haidut's (idealabs). I prefer idealabs as I didn't feel much from Thorne. Bulk supplements sells a natto powder but it's soy based.

L

lollipop

Interesting @Constatine. The connection with asthma and edema makes sense. What dose of K2 do you mean by high doses?

Constatine

Interesting @Constatine. The connection with asthma and edema makes sense. What dose of K2 do you mean by high doses?
I think 5mg and above is good. Note that one should probably supplement or consume more of all the fat soluble vitamins if they supplement one of them. Any side effects of high doses of fat solubles seem to be due to a deficiency of other fat soluble vitamins.

L

lollipop

I think 5mg and above is good. Note that one should probably supplement or consume more of all the fat soluble vitamins if they supplement one of them. Any side effects of high doses of fat solubles seem to be due to a deficiency of other fat soluble vitamins.
Thank you. For some reason today the fat soluble vitamins and possible interactions are making clear sense :): maybe I just passed the 10,000 hr mark of studying/learning? LoL.

Constatine

Thank you. For some reason today the fat soluble vitamins and possible interactions are making clear sense :) maybe I just passed the 10,000 hr mark of studying/learning? LoL.
Lol yeah after enough reading the pieces just kind of fit.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom