What I'm Doing For My Auditory Hallucinations

lionsmane311

Forum Supporter
I'm doing whatever I can for a very tough condition to have

Sublingual estroban, energin, lapodin, camphosal, oxidal, cardenosine, panquinone, aspirin, pregnenolone, dhea, progesterone, b complex, quinine, tocovit, and mitolipin

The idea is for it to absorb, get to the lymphatic system, and then get to the brain. I keep it in my mouth for 10-15 minutes

So far I can't tell what's working but I've noticed a strong reduction in hallucinations. Also improved mental clarity and mental energy

It just got bad tonight after visiting family. I tried pregnenolone and progesterone to remove it and it lowered a bit. What lowered it more was sublingual niacin with vitamin e and mitolipin. It lowered it significantly. I really wonder what it's doing. Probably will create a post about niacin and all the possible pathways it could be working. From what I remember it lowers ammonia, adrenochrome, and raises glucose metabolism

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Hey friend, I wish you luck.

These tend to happen to me with high serotonin levels.
If I was in your shoes, I'd minimize all supplements and focus on lowering serotonin.
Hans and Georgi both have written up plenty on the topic.
I'd probably just try raw carrot salad daily and perhaps cyproheptadine / benadryl and see if I note any improvements.
I'd also take thyroid proper and maybe cascara.

Hang in

OP
L

lionsmane311

Forum Supporter
Hey friend, I wish you luck.

These tend to happen to me with high serotonin levels.
If I was in your shoes, I'd minimize all supplements and focus on lowering serotonin.
Hans and Georgi both have written up plenty on the topic.
I'd probably just try raw carrot salad daily and perhaps cyproheptadine / benadryl and see if I note any improvements.
I'd also take thyroid proper and maybe cascara.

Hang in
Thank you. Unfortunately lowering serotonin doesn't work for me. I've tried metergoline and lisuride. I get benefits from them but they don't lower my hallucinations.
I've mentioned in other posts that they found high glutamate being the difference between schizophrenics that hear voices and ones that don't. It's likely I have high glutamate in certain brain regions that's causing excessive neural activity. But I will still focus on lowering serotonin since it helps with metabolism of those brain regions.

Tried benadryl, cyproheptadine, thyroid, and cascara. Doesn't lower the voices but all make me feel good

TheSir

Glutamate, serotonin and other neurotransmitters are pretty downstream. Though you might very well have elevated glutamate, it doesn't occur spontaneously, meaning that it is simply a consequence of a specific state of the body. At times the underlying state is copper, mercury or manganese toxicity, in which case the best way forward is to address these toxicities directly or to work around them with an ortho-molecular approach, such as that of Abram Hoffer.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Thank you. Unfortunately lowering serotonin doesn't work for me. I've tried metergoline and lisuride. I get benefits from them but they don't lower my hallucinations.
I've mentioned in other posts that they found high glutamate being the difference between schizophrenics that hear voices and ones that don't. It's likely I have high glutamate in certain brain regions that's causing excessive neural activity. But I will still focus on lowering serotonin since it helps with metabolism of those brain regions.

Tried benadryl, cyproheptadine, thyroid, and cascara. Doesn't lower the voices but all make me feel good
Gotcha.

Have you tried increasing glycine via collagen?
Evaluate status post high dose of collagen.

OP
L

lionsmane311

Forum Supporter
Glutamate, serotonin and other neurotransmitters are pretty downstream. Though you might very well have elevated glutamate, it doesn't occur spontaneously, meaning that it is simply a consequence of a specific state of the body. At times the underlying state is copper, mercury or manganese toxicity, in which case the best way forward is to address these toxicities directly or to work around them with an ortho-molecular approach, such as that of Abram Hoffer.
Definitely agree. Something went wrong on a fundamental level then it became something much more like excessive glutamate and volumetric reduction in brain regions causing auditory hallucinations. Currently don't have high copper, mercury, or manganese but think it's something along the lines of that. I believe in Abram Hoffer's niacin protocol

OP
L

lionsmane311

Forum Supporter
Gotcha.

Have you tried increasing glycine via collagen?
Evaluate status post high dose of collagen.
Yes I have. I put collagen in my bone broth. I forgot to do it yesterday but I usually take glycine and taurine before sleeping

OP
L

lionsmane311

Forum Supporter
So far I'm having a tough time. Nothing is working and I've had voices all day. It's getting worse at night time. Lots of visuals they show me and talking. If I visualize something like the sun or a car they change the picture to something else. I don't have full visual control anymore. It's been like this for a year now.

Overall doing what I can. Still taking sublingual vitamins and minerals. Hopefully something will work. Going to possibly get new medication after receiving a genetic test I took. It shows you which medications don't have a lot of side effects for what genes I have. Still have TMS and fmri neurofeedback in the future. So still hopeful but frustrated.

Razvan

So far I'm having a tough time. Nothing is working and I've had voices all day. It's getting worse at night time. Lots of visuals they show me and talking. If I visualize something like the sun or a car they change the picture to something else. I don't have full visual control anymore. It's been like this for a year now.

Overall doing what I can. Still taking sublingual vitamins and minerals. Hopefully something will work. Going to possibly get new medication after receiving a genetic test I took. It shows you which medications don't have a lot of side effects for what genes I have. Still have TMS and fmri neurofeedback in the future. So still hopeful but frustrated.
Try 10 mg allopregnanolone orally for atleast 5days a week daily, you should become so sedated and have symptoms of too high gaba, but could be a solution maybe to your problem if you accept the sedation and dissociation that can come with it.

Runenight201

Hey man, that sounds really rough, but the good thing is you have awareness that these are hallucinations and that you are giving it your all to improve your situation.

On top of all the nutraceutical interventions you are doing, have you ever tried something like Myofascial release therapy? Idea being that your body is storing trauma/tension/inflammation in your fascia which could be contributing to your condition.

Mechanotransduction means that the physical perturbations can cause biochemical changes in your body.

It’s really a no harm approach, and at worse you are just going to reduce how much muscular pain/tension you carry and therefore improve posture. All it takes is purchasing a medicine ball, lacrosse ball, PVC Pipe, foam roller, and you can do all the MFR yourself in your room

TheSir

Currently don't have high copper, mercury, or manganese but think it's something along the lines of that.
Blood or hair test? When the metals have been integrated into the system their levels can appear deceptively normal regardless of how large the toxic load really is. If you have tested your hair, there might be certain indirect markers of toxicity visible in the chart. I could help you with that if you'd like.

OP
L

lionsmane311

Forum Supporter
Try 10 mg allopregnanolone orally for atleast 5days a week daily, you should become so sedated and have symptoms of too high gaba, but could be a solution maybe to your problem if you accept the sedation and dissociation that can come with it.
Definitely will try it out. For now I have pregnenolone powder and I take 1 gram at night. Should be converting to allopregnanolone. Gaba neurons are disrupted with schizophrenia so it's a good idea. Thanks
Hey man, that sounds really rough, but the good thing is you have awareness that these are hallucinations and that you are giving it your all to improve your situation.

On top of all the nutraceutical interventions you are doing, have you ever tried something like Myofascial release therapy? Idea being that your body is storing trauma/tension/inflammation in your fascia which could be contributing to your condition.

Mechanotransduction means that the physical perturbations can cause biochemical changes in your body.

It’s really a no harm approach, and at worse you are just going to reduce how much muscular pain/tension you carry and therefore improve posture. All it takes is purchasing a medicine ball, lacrosse ball, PVC Pipe, foam roller, and you can do all the MFR yourself in your room
Yeah it's much better to be this way than lost in delusions believing it's someone else. Those days are over. I haven't tried but heard of myofascial release therapy. Will try it out. Like you said at least I'll be reducing muscular tension and improving posture. Thank you.
Blood or hair test? When the metals have been integrated into the system their levels can appear deceptively normal regardless of how large the toxic load really is. If you have tested your hair, there might be certain indirect markers of toxicity visible in the chart. I could help you with that if you'd like.
It was a nail test. My copper levels were low, my mercury level was near the highest part of the range, and manganese was just below the range. Mercury was once 4 times above the highest level in the range. So I've made progress. Using succinic acid, coffee, high protein, and more has helped.

Really appreciate the help guys. Makes me feel a lot better. Thank you very much.

Razvan

Definitely will try it out. For now I have pregnenolone powder and I take 1 gram at night. Should be converting to allopregnanolone. Gaba neurons are disrupted with schizophrenia so it's a good idea. Thanks
Pregnenolone orally its anti gaba because its pregnanolone sulfate. I can tell you allopregnanolone feels totally different than Pregnenolone or progesterone for me. After a few days of taking it i become a legume but with no fear or paranoia whatsoever especially in 7mg+ doses.

OP
L

lionsmane311

Forum Supporter
Pregnenolone orally its anti gaba because its pregnanolone sulfate. I can tell you allopregnanolone feels totally different than Pregnenolone or progesterone for me. After a few days of taking it i become a legume but with no fear or paranoia whatsoever especially in 7mg+ doses.
Oh okay it antagonizes GABAA receptor. That's good to know that it feels different. I'll look out for that. So it's worth supplementing it directly rather than raising it indirectly.

So far so good I have no fear or paranoia but more blocking of those feelings is good. They can't convince me of anything anymore.

Runenight201

Yeah it's much better to be this way than lost in delusions believing it's someone else. Those days are over. I haven't tried but heard of myofascial release therapy. Will try it out. Like you said at least I'll be reducing muscular tension and improving posture. Thank you.

It was a nail test. My copper levels were low, my mercury level was near the highest part of the range, and manganese was just below the range. Mercury was once 4 times above the highest level in the range. So I've made progress. Using succinic acid, coffee, high protein, and more has helped.

Really appreciate the help guys. Makes me feel a lot better. Thank you very much.
Yes anogsonosia is no joke. When my friend first had his schizophrenic breakdown it was literally impossible to have him come to realizations of his delusions. This makes sense, if the brain has a literal deficit and certain regions are not firing correctly, then trying to reason someone out of it is about as effective as asking a blind person how many fingers you’re holding up. The brain signaling will not allow for an effective interpretation!

What is the most effective way to correct the brain patterning? Well if someone had figured it out we wouldn’t have such a mental health crises which we see today, but I believe that every tool in the toolkit, from the physical, psychological, and emotional domains, should be implemented, to help treat people and improve quality of lives.

OP
L

lionsmane311

Forum Supporter
Yes anogsonosia is no joke. When my friend first had his schizophrenic breakdown it was literally impossible to have him come to realizations of his delusions. This makes sense, if the brain has a literal deficit and certain regions are not firing correctly, then trying to reason someone out of it is about as effective as asking a blind person how many fingers you’re holding up. The brain signaling will not allow for an effective interpretation!
Sorry that your friend has it. That's exactly how it was for me. While I didn't have someone trying to break my delusions because I kept it to myself, I wouldn't have been convinced anyways. It's truly not just brain activity it's what they're saying and how they're saying it. It can be very convincing especially if you believe it's not neuronal activity taking place. Which is the majority of people with ongoing delusions. I thought it had to do with targetedjustice.com and that it's the CIA, NSA, etc. You can go deep if you have voices that play the part. Logically you believe it when you see how many MD's and PHD's sign off on believing this stuff. I was very logical with all the stuff I was going through but the fundamental belief was flawed and that created the foundation for every delusion to be believed. They've been talking about electronic harrassment which is tactile hallucinations since the 60's. How do you not think it's someone else when you have people with good credentials of many different ages and life experiences saying it's other people for decades? I've had voices manipulating my dreams and they call it dream manipulation from gangstalkers. Very sad how off some people are about what others are going through.

What is the most effective way to correct the brain patterning? Well if someone had figured it out we wouldn’t have such a mental health crises which we see today, but I believe that every tool in the toolkit, from the physical, psychological, and emotional domains, should be implemented, to help treat people and improve quality of lives.
I believe the same thing and am trying to find more ways to reach that improved quality of life. We should have figured it out by now. I get frustrated by the amount of research that goes into the negative symptoms versus the positive symptoms. They find all these herbs and interventions for negative symptoms when it's the positive symptoms that create the most problems for everyone that has it. It's the positive symptoms that make you withdraw from other people not a separate set of symptoms. Hallucinations prevent you from trusting people, isolating yourself, blaming others etc. If you don't have voices to hear that would remove many possible delusions. It's clearly the root issue for most that have this condition.

I have a strong desire to study this condition by doing real research one day. When I dream my auditory hallucinations aren't present. When I use blue light at night time when I wake up, I have several nightmares with my voices talking to me and creating the nightmare. What's the mechanism behind both experiences? What's increasing or decreasing or what's inhibiting certain kinds of activity? When I talk out loud for long periods of time it reduces significantly. Or if I play my guitar or listen to music it goes away. There has to be many possible mechanisms to inhibit this excessive firing of neurons. It should have been studied by now with possible medications to activate those mechanisms. Instead we have antipsychotics that crush all kinds of dopaminergic activity creating heightened prolactin and more issues than it fixes. 25% don't respond to them. And it's supposed to remove all the symptoms of schizophrenia. Why not have medication just for the positive symptoms and ones just for the negative symptoms?

Also I had 3 seizures and recovered from them. I don't get them at all. My dad gets seizures consistently. Someone else on the forum got a psychotic breakdown, heard voices and recovered in 2 days. What's the difference for these people that recover quickly from it and those that don't? Is it brain vitamins, minerals, certain genes, or heavy metals etc. Doesn't get researched enough.

Last edited:

Runenight201

Sorry that your friend has it. That's exactly how it was for me. While I didn't have someone trying to break my delusions because I kept it to myself, I wouldn't have been convinced anyways. It's truly not just brain activity it's what they're saying and how they're saying it. It can be very convincing especially if you believe it's not neuronal activity taking place. Which is the majority of people with ongoing delusions. I thought it had to do with targetedjustice.com and that it's the CIA, NSA, etc. You can go deep if you have voices that play the part. Logically you believe it when you see how many MD's and PHD's sign off on believing this stuff. I was very logical with all the stuff I was going through but the fundamental belief was flawed and that created the foundation for every delusion to be believed. They've been talking about electronic harrassment which is tactile hallucinations since the 60's. How do you not think it's someone else when you have people with good credentials of many different ages and life experiences saying it's other people for decades? I've had voices manipulating my dreams and they call it dream manipulation from gangstalkers. Very sad how off some people are about what others are going through.

I believe the same thing and am trying to find more ways to reach that improved quality of life. We should have figured it out by now. I get frustrated by the amount of research that goes into the negative symptoms versus the positive symptoms. They find all these herbs and interventions for negative symptoms when it's the positive symptoms that create the most problems for everyone that has it. It's the positive symptoms that make you withdraw from other people not a separate set of symptoms. Hallucinations prevent you from trusting people, isolating yourself, blaming others etc. If you don't have voices to hear that would remove many possible delusions. It's clearly the root issue for most that have this condition.

I have a strong desire to study this condition by doing real research one day. When I dream my auditory hallucinations aren't present. When I use blue light at night time when I wake up, I have several nightmares with my voices talking to me and creating the nightmare. What's the mechanism behind both experiences? What's increasing or decreasing or what's inhibiting certain kinds of activity? When I talk out loud for long periods of time it reduces significantly. Or if I play my guitar or listen to music it goes away. There has to be many possible mechanisms to inhibit this excessive firing of neurons. It should have been studied by now with possible medications to activate those mechanisms. Instead we have antipsychotics that crush all kinds of dopaminergic activity creating heightened prolactin and more issues than it fixes. 25% don't respond to them. And it's supposed to remove all the symptoms of schizophrenia. Why not have medication just for the positive symptoms and ones just for the negative symptoms?

Also I had 3 seizures and recovered from them. I don't get them at all. My dad gets seizures consistently. Someone else on the forum got a psychotic breakdown, heard voices and recovered in 2 days. What's the difference for these people that recover quickly from it and those that don't? Is it brain vitamins, minerals, certain genes, or heavy metals etc. Doesn't get researched enough.

Ill start by saying I’m a materialist. I do believe ultimately our entire conscious experience boils down to what’s happening to our physical substrate. A hyperactive amygdala means that an individual is going to experience a high level of anxiety in their day to day life.

However, just because things have a material root doesnt mean that our psyche and environment can’t influence us. Why is the amygdala hyperactive to begin with? If we think about polyvagal theory, and the need for animals to perceive that they are safe, the lack of safety may then trigger an inescapable heightened pattern of anxiety that can only be escaped by an individual being able to perceive based on their environmental cues that they are safe.

Since we are all inextricably tied to our micro and macro environment, if you lacked that perception of safety from the world around you, ie, “this large powerful force known as the government has verifiably down evil acts to individuals, and it could be conceivably possible that this could happen to me” then your brain may very well respond with an immediate paranoia patterning which if not escaped will continue to escalate into full blown schizophrenia.

How do we feel safe? How do we feel comfortable in our bodies and brain? Strong social ties, a well functioning metabolism, abundance, community, familial bonds, all reinforce safety and ensure that we stay healthy and sane. It is no wonder that in a culture that is devaluing these things, and increasingly leaving individuals isolated and emotionally scarred, that we have an increasing mental and physical health epidemic. In a culture that valued material wealth over physical well-being, are people left in scarcity, survivalist mindset, constantly on edge trying to stay alive and lacking security in the world around us that we will be alright. We can see this everywhere with people paranoid about future collapse, inescapable problems, climate change, etc…

The solutions to this are not easy, and the best you may be able to do is find security in your own being, by taking care of your metabolism, staying physically healthy, avoiding mental ruminations, breaking out of maladaptive behaviors, engaging in regenerative actions, and ultimately seeking out positive social bonds with other people with a collective vision of how to change this world for the better.

OP
L

lionsmane311

Forum Supporter
Another update. I tested low for folate again. So I will be taking folate sublingually and orally to raise my levels. Could be making my hallucinations worse in some way. Who knows. It's likely brain levels of folate are low.

Patients with depression or schizophrenia are more likely to have common genetic variants that contribute to folate deficiency, and many of these polymorphisms are also associated with neuropsychiatric disease. The C677T MTHFR variant has been associated with an increased risk of and schizophrenia; up to 70% percent of patients with either depression or schizophrenia have been shown to carry MTHFR variants (5557).

Just found out I have a variant that doesn't let me process folic acid.

Autoimmunity is an emerging risk factor for late-onset cerebral folate deficiency. Autoantibodies against the folate receptor alpha (FRα) that block folate transport across the blood-brain barrier have been correlated with low CSF folate (4952). The presence of autoantibodies against FRα and cerebral folate deficiency are seen in some autism spectrum disorders, depression, schizophrenia and seizures (51). Patients with depression or schizophrenia are more likely to have autoimmunity to folate receptors. In a study of 18 patients diagnosed with schizophrenia, 15 (83.3%) had positive serum FRα autoantibodies compared to only 1 in 30 controls (3.3%) (53).

Peater

Another update. I tested low for folate again. So I will be taking folate sublingually and orally to raise my levels. Could be making my hallucinations worse in some way. Who knows. It's likely brain levels of folate are low.

Patients with depression or schizophrenia are more likely to have common genetic variants that contribute to folate deficiency, and many of these polymorphisms are also associated with neuropsychiatric disease. The C677T MTHFR variant has been associated with an increased risk of and schizophrenia; up to 70% percent of patients with either depression or schizophrenia have been shown to carry MTHFR variants (5557).

Just found out I have a variant that doesn't let me process folic acid.

Autoimmunity is an emerging risk factor for late-onset cerebral folate deficiency. Autoantibodies against the folate receptor alpha (FRα) that block folate transport across the blood-brain barrier have been correlated with low CSF folate (4952). The presence of autoantibodies against FRα and cerebral folate deficiency are seen in some autism spectrum disorders, depression, schizophrenia and seizures (51). Patients with depression or schizophrenia are more likely to have autoimmunity to folate receptors. In a study of 18 patients diagnosed with schizophrenia, 15 (83.3%) had positive serum FRα autoantibodies compared to only 1 in 30 controls (3.3%) (53).
Could you take folinic acid or L-5-methyl folate?

OP
L

lionsmane311

Forum Supporter
Could you take folinic acid or L-5-methyl folate?
Currently taking L-5-methyl folate from thorne. I open up the pill and add vitamin e and mitolipin. Let it sit under the tongue for 15 minutes. Should be getting to the brain. Will be doing twice a day to quickly raise levels

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals