Help with methionine restricting diet for cancer

Philomath

To make a long story short - about this time in 2019 I had surgery to remove a mucoepidermoid carcinoma tumor from my parotid salivary gland. The ENT removed the whole gland, some lymph nodes and added a fat graft where the gland used to reside. I also had some radiation treatments as well.

In January of this year, the side of my face where I had the surgery became "paralyzed" - specifically, my lower eyelid, cheek, mouth and some neck muscles stopped working properly. I thought it may have something to do with Covid (I had OTC covid test come back positive on Christmas day) which I thought may be a temporary side effect.
A couple months later I ended up getting a MRI and visited a Neuro Ophthalmologist (for the palsy) The neuro doc said everything looked fine except for the MRI showed the fat graft as "Lit Up" showing signs of metastasis... it looked to me like the fat graft was lit up. So either the fat graft was "consumed" by the cancer, or the contrast (gadolinium I believe) can make fat show up as white. As far as my partial palsy, I thought initially maybe it was covid, or an issue with scar tissue, but maybe it is a growing tumor now.

Either way, I'm making an appointment with an ENT at a well regarded teaching hospital in the area. I'm sure I wont get in right away so I figure I have a couple weeks to try my own therapy.

Here is what I have begun:
1. Low Methionine diet / or 1.5g niacinamide / high BCAA's
2. 12 mg Cyproheptadine daily (working up to that)
3. Cascara Sagrada (emodin)
3. Inhibition of SFA through Niacinamide, Aspirin and Vitamin E
4. Progesterone/DHEA (cortinon)

So each of these methods I've read about here on the forum - thanks to @haidut for posting most of these studies. What I need help with is dosing. The Niacinamide, aspirin and Cypro were outline in the various posts, but I questions about the others. How much Vit E, BCAA's and Cortinon would be beneficial, and I have cascara - should I get a stronger emodin product - like Emodin, beta-lapachone, pau-darco, Vit K Methylene Blue or panquinone or Lapodin, CoQ10 or Quinine? And what's a good dose?

What about pregnenolone, RU486/Mifepristone, Doxycycline, Acetazolamide/B1 and fenbendazol? And is Vitamin E good for treating cancer or is it counter-productive?

Any suggestions on dosing or other ideas in general would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
@Blossom @Rinse & rePeat @charlie @Inaut @burtlancast @Heroico

To make a long story short - about this time in 2019 I had surgery to remove a mucoepidermoid carcinoma tumor from my parotid salivary gland. The ENT removed the whole gland, some lymph nodes and added a fat graft where the gland used to reside. I also had some radiation treatments as well.

In January of this year, the side of my face where I had the surgery became "paralyzed" - specifically, my lower eyelid, cheek, mouth and some neck muscles stopped working properly. I thought it may have something to do with Covid (I had OTC covid test come back positive on Christmas day) which I thought may be a temporary side effect.
A couple months later I ended up getting a MRI and visited a Neuro Ophthalmologist (for the palsy) The neuro doc said everything looked fine except for the MRI showed the fat graft as "Lit Up" showing signs of metastasis... it looked to me like the fat graft was lit up. So either the fat graft was "consumed" by the cancer, or the contrast (gadolinium I believe) can make fat show up as white. As far as my partial palsy, I thought initially maybe it was covid, or an issue with scar tissue, but maybe it is a growing tumor now.

Either way, I'm making an appointment with an ENT at a well regarded teaching hospital in the area. I'm sure I wont get in right away so I figure I have a couple weeks to try my own therapy.

Here is what I have begun:
1. Low Methionine diet / or 1.5g niacinamide / high BCAA's
2. 12 mg Cyproheptadine daily (working up to that)
3. Cascara Sagrada (emodin)
3. Inhibition of SFA through Niacinamide, Aspirin and Vitamin E
4. Progesterone/DHEA (cortinon)

So each of these methods I've read about here on the forum - thanks to @haidut for posting most of these studies. What I need help with is dosing. The Niacinamide, aspirin and Cypro were outline in the various posts, but I questions about the others. How much Vit E, BCAA's and Cortinon would be beneficial, and I have cascara - should I get a stronger emodin product - like Emodin, beta-lapachone, pau-darco, Vit K Methylene Blue or panquinone or Lapodin, CoQ10 or Quinine? And what's a good dose?

What about pregnenolone, RU486/Mifepristone, Doxycycline, Acetazolamide/B1 and fenbendazol? And is Vitamin E good for treating cancer or is it counter-productive?

Any suggestions on dosing or other ideas in general would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
@Blossom @Rinse & rePeat @charlie @Inaut @burtlancast @Heroico
Oh Philomath I am so sorry you are having this scare, I am so worried for you now. I highly recommend orange peels. I have been posting every good thing on I find on cancer in the thread I linked below. I am anxious to hear how things go with your appointment. Ughhhh, so much worry in the world right now. I will keep you in my prayers.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Acetazolamide/B1 and fenbendazol? And is Vitamin E good for treating cancer or is it counter-productive?
I’m sorry as well that you are going through this. It seems you have a solid plan. Have you emailed Dr. Peat?
I vote for adding acetazolaminde or B1 according to your preference. Keep up with your potassium in either case. Thank you for the update friend and please keep us posted!

OP
Philomath

Philomath

Oh Philomath I am so sorry you are having this scare, I am so worried for you now. I highly recommend orange peels. I have been posting every good thing on I find on cancer in the thread I linked below. I am anxious to hear how things go with your appointment. Ughhhh, so much worry in the world right now. I will keep you in my prayers.

Thank you Rinse. I’ve been following your posts on fat loss, protein, sugar and starch. I’ve always struggled with my metabolism, but recently started making a breakthrough. I would have an egg with a half piece of toast and my temps would go up. I figured the quick absorption of the starch in relation to the protein is what worked. I was trying to figure out how much fruit, jam, honey would be necessary to achieve the same results. Now, low methionine is the game and it will be very difficult to get adequate protein. The main source will have to be potatoes. I was going to experiment with them to see if I can get my temps/pulse up. Question is, do potatoes have the same amount of methionine as say, an egg yolk or cup of milk?
(Does anyone know the actual amino acid breakdown of a potato?

Btw, I have been steeping orange peels! I’m out so I just made lemon peel tea and added orange marmalade to it as a sweetener.

OP
Philomath

Philomath

I’m sorry as well that you are going through this. It seems you have a solid plan. Have you emailed Dr. Peat?
I vote for adding acetazolaminde or B1 according to your preference. Keep up with your potassium in either case. Thank you for the update friend and please keep us posted!
Thank you @Blossom! I email Dr. Peat when I was diagnosed originally but have not since. I will though. Last time he said adequate vitamin A. Any idea how much Vit A is too much?
I’ll use the B1 I have - acetezolamide is hard to get!

Thank you Rinse. I’ve been following your posts on fat loss, protein, sugar and starch. I’ve always struggled with my metabolism, but recently started making a breakthrough. I would have an egg with a half piece of toast and my temps would go up. I figured the quick absorption of the starch in relation to the protein is what worked. I was trying to figure out how much fruit, jam, honey would be necessary to achieve the same results. Now, low methionine is the game and it will be very difficult to get adequate protein. The main source will have to be potatoes. I was going to experiment with them to see if I can get my temps/pulse up. Question is, do potatoes have the same amount of methionine as say, an egg yolk or cup of milk?
(Does anyone know the actual amino acid breakdown of a potato?

Btw, I have been steeping orange peels! I’m out so I just made lemon peel tea and added orange marmalade to it as a sweetener.

Gelatin is a good low methionine food…

“Gelatin contains almost none of the essential amino acid tryptophan and has very small amounts of the essential amino acids threonine, methionine and isoleucine.”

OP
Philomath

Philomath

Sounds like a good plan. Do you know your body temperature? Thyroid might be useful.
My temps are almost always around 97.7. I need a better thermometer though. I do have some tyronine and tyromix, barely use them though. I’ll add those to my list.

OP
Philomath

Philomath

Gelatin is a good low methionine food…

“Gelatin contains almost none of the essential amino acid tryptophan and has very small amounts of the essential amino acids threonine, methionine and isoleucine.”

Thanks! That’s good to know. I assumed since it was an animal product it’s be high in Methionine. I I had been adding a lot to my coffee’s and teas prior to this.

supercoolguy

What about Gelatin/Collagen? with a Simple Sugar of course. Then you've got Eggs.
Email the Protein Factory, I bet they know the Profile of any protein. If its not already on the container!

Cascara Sagrada not working? Sounds like me 2wks ago BEFORE i bought the Whole Bark and made Tea with it. Full-Sized Tablespoon, Hot Water, 12-15min steep time, Lemon Sqeeze & Tbls Honey. Then i splashed more H2O in the Same Cup, steeped overnight at room temp. STILL super powerful. I mean Holy Mackerel, Finally! Never going back to powder.

Thanks! That’s good to know. I assumed since it was an animal product it’s be high in Methionine. I I had been adding a lot to my coffee’s and teas prior to this.
Your eggs are high in methionine…

Attachments

• F6D546A6-BD26-477F-9F87-FF08A8D2DABF.jpeg
    F6D546A6-BD26-477F-9F87-FF08A8D2DABF.jpeg
    488.3 KB · Views: 65

Inaut

Hey @Philomath

Two things I thought of after reading your post.

1. D-limonene (there’s some in your orange peels). I believe it likes to concentrate in fat tissue so it may congregate there. Jarrow Formulas makes a decent product
2. Ozone ear insufflation - I think this is one of the most powerful modalities.
3. Pau D’arco tea should be a must. I even like chaparral but I know some on this forum don’t so it’s up to you.

I’m praying for you sir. I believe you will overcome this hurdle.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thank you @Blossom! I email Dr. Peat when I was diagnosed originally but have not since. I will though. Last time he said adequate vitamin A. Any idea how much Vit A is too much?
I’ll use the B1 I have - acetezolamide is hard to get!
That makes sense on A since I’ve heard it’s been used in chemo therapy. I’ll just be plain honest that I’m not the best person to advise on vitamin A. I’m biased and anti peat on the vitamin A topic (for myself) and that’s the last thing you need at this point. I’m sorry I can’t help more.
If you ever decide to go with acetazolamide just message me. I can help with that one!

OP
Philomath

Philomath

What about Gelatin/Collagen? with a Simple Sugar of course. Then you've got Eggs.
Email the Protein Factory, I bet they know the Profile of any protein. If its not already on the container!

Cascara Sagrada not working? Sounds like me 2wks ago BEFORE i bought the Whole Bark and made Tea with it. Full-Sized Tablespoon, Hot Water, 12-15min steep time, Lemon Sqeeze & Tbls Honey. Then i splashed more H2O in the Same Cup, steeped overnight at room temp. STILL super powerful. I mean Holy Mackerel, Finally! Never going back to powder.
Thanks for the suggestion! I was just on the Live giving store website looking at their cascara. I've always felt the capsule form wasn't great. Two capsules at night and I might have one decent movement the next day - not always guaranteed. I'll need some help since Cypro can make people constipated from what I've read - I don't need to be MORE constipated :grimacing:

OP
Philomath

Philomath

Hey @Philomath

Two things I thought of after reading your post.

1. D-limonene (there’s some in your orange peels). I believe it likes to concentrate in fat tissue so it may congregate there. Jarrow Formulas makes a decent product
2. Ozone ear insufflation - I think this is one of the most powerful modalities.
3. Pau D’arco tea should be a must. I even like chaparral but I know some on this forum don’t so it’s up to you.

I’m praying for you sir. I believe you will overcome this hurdle.
Thank you Inaut! I actually have some D-limonene, I'll add that to my stack.
I used to have some Pau D'arco, in capsule form - would you suggest the bark for steeping instead?
Ozone ear insufflation... I've never heard of that. I'm going to check it out today.
Always appreciate the prayers and positive thoughts!!!

OP
Philomath

Philomath

Another thing I just remembered is Ray Peat once saying that a fat free diet will kill cancer.
Yes, I remember both Ray and @haidut saying that. With a low methionine diet, that won't be too big a problem.
However, after hearing so much about sugar feeding cancer (Jane McLellan has books and websites devoted to that philosophy) it's become increasingly difficult to consume without any concern. There's that little speck of doubt that creeps in saying, "is your cancer the kind that relies on sugar for fuel??"

can you track down that quote from Dr. Peat? I'd love to listen to it or read it. Thank you. I think they key to cancer is increasing CO2, inhibiting excess lipolysis, inhibiting excess estrogen, and speeding up metabolic rate so you are warm. Each of these on its own has been shown to reverse or end cancer.

Yes, I remember both Ray and @haidut saying that. With a low methionine diet, that won't be too big a problem.
However, after hearing so much about sugar feeding cancer (Jane McLellan has books and websites devoted to that philosophy) it's become increasingly difficult to consume without any concern. There's that little speck of doubt that creeps in saying, "is your cancer the kind that relies on sugar for fuel??"

I understand your sugar concern, but Ray Peat makes good sense of keeping sugar in a diet with cancer, in that if cancer doesn’t get the sugar it needs it will go looking for it aka spread. So keeping some sugar in the diet to keep it in one place seems logical. I think in your situation it is even more important to get your sugar from fruits and raw Manuka honey, and not to go overboard with it.

Inaut

Thank you Inaut! I actually have some D-limonene, I'll add that to my stack.
I used to have some Pau D'arco, in capsule form - would you suggest the bark for steeping instead?
Ozone ear insufflation... I've never heard of that. I'm going to check it out today.
Always appreciate the prayers and positive thoughts!!!
Pau d'arco needs to be boiled for approximately 10 minutes to release the tannins and extract some of the naptha/anthraquinones. I'd buy the inner bark in bulk and boil it on high then let it simmer/steep.

I have a good feeling you will overcome this amigo :)