Help with methionine restricting diet for cancer

Rinse & rePeat:
“Good morning Dr. Peat! I am reading some controversial studies, this morning, about thiamine and cancer. On one hand they say they are finding cancer patients to be low in B1, but on the other hand they say a very high dose of it kills cancer. Do you know anything about this?”

RAY PEAT:
“Very big doses inhibit carbonic anhydrase, and the resulting increase of CO2 helps

Rinse & Repeat:
“Is that high dose of thiamine effect for killing every cancer, like solid tumors as well as blood cancers and lupus?”

RAY PEAT:
“Other C.A. inhibitors such as acetazolamde are more effective.”

aliml

To make a long story short - about this time in 2019 I had surgery to remove a mucoepidermoid carcinoma tumor from my parotid salivary gland.
Mucins are overexpressed in mucoepidermoid carcinoma, so an anti mucus/phlegm foods may prevent tumor progression.
  • Bromelain breaks glycosidic linkages
  • Acetylcysteine breaks disulfide bonds
  • If both bonds and/or linkages are broken, mucin dissolves to fluid – structural integrity

OP
Philomath

Philomath

Healthseeker

Seems to me that you should know what things that you do effect the bad spot. Cause you should be able to taste the phlegm, so you should be keeping track of everything you do and that way when you notice a change in it you can backtrack and look at your notes. That's why I'm interested.

aliml

my cancer involves chronic inflammation (from gut endotoxin) and the concentration of inflammation in my cheek, from the infected root canal (removed), has something to do with it.
Cancers behave as wounds that do not heal and chronic activation of mucin in wound repair process also causes carcinogenesis. Surgical wounds trigger a systemic inflammatory response that promotes tumor growth that these effects may be reversed with cyclooxygenase (COX-1 and COX-2) inhibitors.

Whichway?

When I was maybe nine years old, my dad told me that eating apple seeds will help PREVENT cancer because of the cyanide in them. The cyanide in the seeds is so small that they are capable of killing small cancer cells, but they don’t have enough cyanide in them to kill full blown cancer.

“A 67-year-old man in Australia got cyanide poisoning from the apricot kernel extract he was taking to beat cancer. The man didn’t die, but he had abnormally low levels of oxygen in his body — a side effect of cyanide poisoning that can be fatal.”

“As for the 67-year-old man, he was informed that the kernels were making him sick, but he decided to continue taking them. “He personally believes that the quality of evidence is sufficient for his purposes,” Konstantatos says, “or maybe he cannot wait for the scientific proof to come through as it may take too long to prevent his cancer from recurring.”

I think if you eat apricot seeds or apple seeds you are effectively giving yourself a form of chemotherapy, as the cyanide in them inhibit the proper functioning of your mitochondria (the batteries in your cells). I used to use cyanide in my laboratory work to inhibit complex IV in the electron transport chain of mitochondria.

Maybe a small dose might kill cancer cells if they are more vulnerable to having their aerobic respiration interfered with, but I thought they were often anaerobic in their function, in which case the cyanide is going to be damaging healthy cells rather than sick ones.

I think if you eat apricot seeds or apple seeds you are effectively giving yourself a form of chemotherapy, as the cyanide in them inhibit the proper functioning of your mitochondria (the batteries in your cells). I used to use cyanide in my laboratory work to inhibit complex IV in the electron transport chain of mitochondria.

Maybe a small dose might kill cancer cells if they are more vulnerable to having their aerobic respiration interfered with, but I thought they were often anaerobic in their function, in which case the cyanide is going to be damaging healthy cells rather than sick ones.
I never ate those apple seeds, but I could see how it can work. Poison is poison and if Ray Peat warns of the poisons in above ground vegetables I am not wondering too much what he would say about apricot kernels.

Inaut

The medicine or "poison" is typically associated with dose, doesn't matter what you take.... Take too much aspirin or thyroid and the body will sense it...

MilenaLex

I'm not sure I understand properly the whole pic about your situation... But It seems the fat graft that is put on place of removed gland is inflammed and this cause chain reaction to full blown Bel's palsy .
Palsy can happen by dead inflammed tooth.
If I were you I 'd remove every foreign/dead body from my body Imediatly.
Otherwise you plan is perfect.
Methionine for me is good supp. Make my sleep deep and good. But it is me.

Healthseeker

Yeah I'm interested in seeing you pull off this diet. I think you'd be better off fasting, but maybe there's something to it

HIBACHI Zucchini Mussrooms & Onion

Mix together Hibachi Sauce ingredients and chill:

-1/4 cup cococonut Aminos
-1/2 cup water
-2 tablespoons brown sugar
-1 teaspoon rice vinegar
-3/4 teaspoon salt
-1.5 teaspoons hot dry Chinese mustard
-finely minced green onion

To prepare the vegetables:

1. Wash zucchini and mushrooms. Snip of half of the stems from the mushrooms. Cut sweet onion in half and cut each half in half again to get a lot of surface area. I picked some stray shishito peppers that I am growing to add to my mix.

2. Heat a cast iron griddle pan very hot. Add a tablespoon of ghee to the griddle and quickly add the zucchini, flat side down, then the onion and then the mushrooms and shishito peppers. Give them all a sprinkle of salt and let them cook without disturbing for several minutes to get a good char.

3. Turn the veggies over and cook some more until browned. Cover with a metal cake pan.

4. Lift the corner of the pan with tongs and pour in a quarter cup of water and quickly close it so the vegetables steam. Once the steam subsides, cook for an extra minute more, Remove the metal pan using a potholder and turn off the heat.

5. Remove the mushrooms and Shishitos to a bowl.

6.Chopped the zucchini and mushrooms into bite size pieces and toss all the veggies together. Serve with Hibachi Sauce.

The trick to this dish is to cook the veggies in larger pieces with as much surface area touching the pan, and cut them smaller in the end. Doing it this way gives a nice sweet caramelization to the veggies, and keeps them from getting mushy.

Attachments

• 8FB20F13-3B2C-40E8-B820-58AF241471D7.jpeg
    8FB20F13-3B2C-40E8-B820-58AF241471D7.jpeg
    581.7 KB · Views: 11
  • AF620483-A5BE-49FF-9BDD-F05179AA66B3.jpeg
    AF620483-A5BE-49FF-9BDD-F05179AA66B3.jpeg
    495.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 50A20AE1-0D20-4184-A50A-0ADEF8B74370.jpeg
    50A20AE1-0D20-4184-A50A-0ADEF8B74370.jpeg
    543.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 2E39F958-E5EE-465D-ABB9-7CB18BEA1E2E.jpeg
    2E39F958-E5EE-465D-ABB9-7CB18BEA1E2E.jpeg
    388.8 KB · Views: 9
  • C6716F8B-F81A-4E20-9F16-60E9ABDC3D4A.jpeg
    C6716F8B-F81A-4E20-9F16-60E9ABDC3D4A.jpeg
    416.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 43D07692-C09B-4372-8FCC-4EDD5F7A4B75.jpeg
    43D07692-C09B-4372-8FCC-4EDD5F7A4B75.jpeg
    590.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 07994837-7145-44BB-83B4-B0AF794F09D2.jpeg
    07994837-7145-44BB-83B4-B0AF794F09D2.jpeg
    614 KB · Views: 10
How much methionine is in the coconut aminos I can't find it
It must be really low since it is not on any of the usual lists, and coconut products are on the lowest list in the list linked below. So is zucchini and mushrooms.

Healthseeker

I found protein thing
I made your food but I put curry paste in it instead of the other stuff

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals