What Happens With Excess Of T3?

OP
gilson d dantas
If I take, for instance, 200 mcg of T3 daily, splitted dose [25 mcg each two hours], measuring pulse and temp, what can happens?
[Why I would do that? Because I use 100, 120 mcg daily and NOTHING happens... And I´m hypothiroid and I have a tumor].

nbznj

Perhaps you have LOTS of rT3 and what you should try doing is stick to a normal physiologic dose of T3 for a while, make sure your TSH is suppressed alongside T4, and reassess after a couple months

As of now you’re making me think of “T3 resistance” where more T3 won’t change anything. I’d try the long game

OP
gilson d dantas
Perhaps you have LOTS of rT3 and what you should try doing is stick to a normal physiologic dose of T3 for a while, make sure your TSH is suppressed alongside T4, and reassess after a couple months
As of now you’re making me think of “T3 resistance” where more T3 won’t change anything. I’d try the long game

Wrong. My rT3 is OK, I don´t have lots of it. And my TSH is always zero.
And I really did that: stick on a normal physiologic dose of T3 for a while. And then, weeks later, I tried one day of large doses. NOTHING happened.
It is a case of insensivity to T3.
And I really don´t know what to do. I asked to MANY people. Nobody appears to know. Sad.

powerlifter

And I really did that: stick on a normal physiologic dose of T3 for a while. And then, weeks later, I tried one day of large doses. NOTHING happened.
And I really don´t know what to do. I asked to MANY people. Nobody appears to know. Sad.

Have you tried to email Ray Peat about it? He is pretty responsive to emails.

tara

Sorry you are feeling stuck. Maybe no-one else will be really know exactly what is happening for you, or exactly what you need.

My next thoughts are to wonder, sorry if these are repeats that you've already addressed:
  • Have you got any way of verifying that you have an active, normally effective formulation, and that you are absorbing and digesting it? Eg culd your tablets have got too old/damp/overheated/ encased in excipients that don't disolve in your gut, etc, and not reach your system fully active?
  • Are you measuring body temperature accurately? Taking at least 5 mins, maybe up to 10 mins, to let the thermometer stabilise at body temperature, to confirm how close you are to normal body temps??
  • Any idea how is your liver is doing? If it is struggling or overloaded, maybe it is not keeping up with all its jobs? (Not necessarily easy to know, I guess, just thinking it might be a relevant factor.)
  • Could you have some toxins or deficiencies in your system that are interfering with thyroid function at the cellular level - either from previous environmental/medical/food exposures, or from some internal processes, or some essential trace minerals missing from diet ....
  • I am no oncologist. Can a tumour be producing toxins internally for you that are interfering with metabolism? Or stealing nutrition that you are counting on to run your own metabolism?
  • Did you already look at the ideas around body temperature set point, and attempting to move it more directly, eg Steve Richfield's ideas?
  • I can't remember whether you've said if you've tracked UpH at all. If system pH is too far off, maybe that could affect metabolic response?

BigChad

I do notice an increase in hunger myself as well. I've never really considered this a "side effect" before other than being a side effect of boosted metabolism. Also thyroid can really increase my sex drive, I don't really know if this should be considered a side effect or not. Thyroid surrogates like aspirin and caffeine don't do this, just supplemental thyroid specifically.

Do you mean thyroid hormone or full dessicated bovine thyroid gland

SuperStressed

Did you ever figure it out? everytime I search for this I come across your posts. I think it could be an endotoxin problem, maybe requiring antibiotics.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals