What Happens With Excess Of T3?

Let´s suppose I use 12,5 mcg of T3, every two hours, three times; and NOTHING happens, with pulse and temperature. Obviously that was a supraphysiological dose. My question is: what happens with the excess of T3? And the second question: why that happens?

olive

Catabolism and heart arrhythmia are the common issues I see described with large doses (over 50mcg) of T3.

TeaRex14

Tachycardia, sweating, excessive heat would be the most common things I would think, I suppose it's possible to induce heart attack at high enough dosages. Thyroid is an excellent thing, but should be used responsibly. Several things can prevent thyroid from activating properly, whether endogenously or through supplement. Fluoridated water is one example.

Vinny

I took recently 50 (from 25 I feel nothing).
I got some Tachycardia and sweating, but for very short time.
I,m either a poor responder, or my gland produces nothing so I need big doses - I still DK

OP
gilson d dantas
Tachycardia, sweating, excessive heat would be the most common things I would think, I suppose it's possible to induce heart attack at high enough dosages. Thyroid is an excellent thing, but should be used responsibly. Several things can prevent thyroid from activating properly, whether endogenously or through supplement. Fluoridated water is one example.
What are the other elements, generally speaking? I mean, why someone may use high doses and nothing happens, even taquicardia for instance?

OP
gilson d dantas
Catabolism and heart arrhythmia are the common issues I see described with large doses (over 50mcg) of T3.
Yes. But what happens if you use 12,5 mcg every two hours and NOTHING happens? Not even tachicardia? What elements, generally speaking can block the action of T3 at that level?

Beefcake

When we are talking about T3 are we talking about ideal labs T3? When I took it I could not notice any effects at any dosage. Took 1 25mg levaxine T4 tablett from my sister and had increased pulse and sweating within 1 hour. Kinda strange

OP
gilson d dantas
When we are talking about T3 are we talking about ideal labs T3? When I took it I could not notice any effects at any dosage. Took 1 25mg levaxine T4 tablett from my sister and had increased pulse and sweating within 1 hour. Kinda strange
We are talking about Cynomel [T3].

TeaRex14

What are the worst/ common offenders that can block the tyroid @TeaRex14 ?
Generally speaking too much polyunsaturated fats, high cortisol/estrogen, fluoride, protein deficiency, and endotoxin are the main offenders. There can also be certain nutrient deficiencies, such as magnesium and selenium. Carbohydrate is needed to make liver glycogen, and liver glycogen is needed to convert inactive hormone (T4) into active hormone (T3).

I think high PUFAs primarily, probably other reasons.

People have gotten heart attacks from too much T3 too fast.

Dobbler

My biggest and most annoying negative effect from T3 is actually insatiable hunger. I get cravings for pizza and hamburgers, that won't go away even if i eat carbs and saturated fat. Too fast heart beat, sweating or mental side effects are nothing compared to the hunger, i hate it.

TeaRex14

My biggest and most annoying negative effect from T3 is actually insatiable hunger. I get cravings for pizza and hamburgers, that won't go away even if i eat carbs and saturated fat. Too fast heart beat, sweating or mental side effects are nothing compared to the hunger, i hate it.
I do notice an increase in hunger myself as well. I've never really considered this a "side effect" before other than being a side effect of boosted metabolism. Also thyroid can really increase my sex drive, I don't really know if this should be considered a side effect or not. Thyroid surrogates like aspirin and caffeine don't do this, just supplemental thyroid specifically.

OP
gilson d dantas
Generally speaking too much polyunsaturated fats, high cortisol/estrogen, fluoride, protein deficiency, and endotoxin are the main offenders. There can also be certain nutrient deficiencies, such as magnesium and selenium. Carbohydrate is needed to make liver glycogen, and liver glycogen is needed to convert inactive hormone (T4) into active hormone (T3).
Yes. I think this is a good way to start to think about that problem. Very good.

vulture

which brand do you use?
I do notice an increase in hunger myself as well. I've never really considered this a "side effect" before other than being a side effect of boosted metabolism. Also thyroid can really increase my sex drive, I don't really know if this should be considered a side effect or not. Thyroid surrogates like aspirin and caffeine don't do this, just supplemental thyroid specifically.
which brand do you use?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter

I would definitely agree here.
Appetite massively increased, sex drive baseline MUCH higher.

I do notice that having very strong T3 levels, I feel like I pump out a lot of dopamine, Norepinephrine and adrenaline. So there's a little bit of anxiety that accompanies my strong baseline energy.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals