T4 / T3 question

Thomas

Hi guys,
I am taking synoplus now for about 3 month. The first two month I took a 1/4 of a pill. I started the first november with an increase of a 1/4, that means I take now at night 1/2 a pill. My temperature is not going upp. How do I know if I am converting T4 to T3? If not what happens with the T4 in the blood? For 2 weeks I have now very stiff muscles and pain in my entire body. Can that be related?

Any teaching about T4 and T3 I am happy about, or if you have link where I can read more about my question.
Its importants so that it adresses my question.

thank you
Thomas

HDD

Rayser said:
The milk will lower your Parathyroid Hormone and by that your Cortisol. Cortisol is the emergency hormone which kicks in when the thyroid is not working as it should. Since high cortisol triggers a raise of blood sugar, the decrease in cortisol can temporarily lower blood sugar and cause most of the symptoms you mention. [b]I have noticed that I get the pain in my bones (especially arms and shoulders sometimes legs and feet) whenever I need to raise my thyroid dosage. I[/b] am pretty sure you need thyroid supplement. I sent you a PM.
Try to use as much coconut oil as possible until you can start the thyroid and don't overdo the milk. Drink it all day long, not too much at once. And make sure you eat sugar with everything.
It always helped me.

I am taking 1/4 cynoplus (1/8 in a.m and 1/8 bedtime) daily. I had what i thought was arthritis type pain in my shoulder and arm. I had pain in my heel/ankle area when I got up this morning. Never had pain in these areas before. I was beginning to think that I needed more nutrients since taking cynoplus. Maybe you need some t3 throughout the day? And maybe that is what I need to do, also.

"An effective way to use supplements is to take a combination T4-T3 dose, e.g., 40 mcg of T4 and 10 mcg of T3 once a day, and to use a few mcg of T3 at other times in the day. Keeping a 14-day chart of pulse rate and temperature allows you to see whether the dose is producing the desired response. If the figures aren't increasing at all after a few days, the dose can be increased, until a gradual daily increment can be seen, moving toward the goal at the rate of about 1/14 per day "

Have you seen any results from taking the cynoplus?

OP
T

Thomas

Hi
thank you for answering me. I Believe I see after 2.5 month that I am more stable than Before. The times between feeling terrible and feeling ok are bigger than Before. But it is chocking to me when I do a dipp or when new things are coming up. What I noticed is that my Nails are much stronger. Before they where weak and chiped and broke off easily. Now they are much stronger. Then I noticed that my beard is growing better. Before I had empty patches and never could have a full beard. It looks like the empty patches are closing.
I dont know if that is related but its nice for me as a guy. Then I had Always troubble with my gums, they where bleeding and my dentist was happy to noticed that they are not bleeding so easily anymore and was real thrilled to hear about Thyroid.

thanks again for helping me out
all the best to you
Thomas

HDD

That is good that you are seeing improvements. How is your pulse? Are you using cynomel?

I just pulled this quote from another thread.

Jenn said:
An increase in metabolism can magnify other issues. The body does not heal at a consistent rate.

If your liver is too stressed to convert the T4 to T3, it just goes to waste.

Body temperature changes can happen quickly, for better or for worse after eating certain foods or taking a supplement.

OP
T

Thomas

Hi
Puls is not going up much for most of the time its around 62. Bodytemp is in the morning 35.8 or 36 Celsius.
Somtimes it goes up to normal 36.5 and heart to 75 beats per minute. Increase of cynoplus now since 1.11. has not made a difference. But what I got now was suddenly an attack of pain in the body. For the most it was stiffness all over and a feeling of inflammation in the muscles. Much like you have a Heavy flue attack without the fever. Then I suddenly got very Cold a dropp to 35.6. Little nausea, a feeling of a knot in the stomach, anexity, all over a feeling of stress in the body. Heart was despite the fact of a Cold body fast and around 77 beats.
Now its night here and things are calming down. I feel much better than att noon.

yours Thomas

HDD

Have you read this? From " Ray Peat's Brain"

Maybe you didn't need to increase cynoplus but needed to add t3?

NOT RESPONDING TO THYROID

If you are eating enough protein, about 100 grams, and salt and thyroid, then I would consider the steroids--something might be interfering with your production of pregnenolone and DHEA. Things that could do that would be very low cholesterol, or a deficiency of vitamin A (retinol), or possibly other deficiencies.

If your cholesterol is above 200, and the thyroid supplements didn't warm you up, it's possible that something is interfering with your steroid synthesis, which might be a deficiency of something like vitamin A, or interference from something like iron or carotene. Have you tried a supplement of pregnenolone or DHEA? Were any other hormones, such as prolactin, measured? If you are taking the aspirin regularly, you should make sure to get vitamin K, from kale, liver, or a supplement. Anemia, like cold feet, is a common sign of low thyroid function.

OP
T

Thomas

Thank you mate for the info. I was considering to nibble on a T3 but was to chicken to try it out yet. I too have a bootle of T3 at home. I only read that it is quite complicated and got "Cold feet" trying it out. ;-)

HDD

I tried cutting mine into several pieces but it just crumbled, so I nibble a little.

My son is using only t3. I initially cut it into 6 pieces. Now, he takes 1/4 twice a day.

There are some forum members who need quite large amounts of t3.

I have only been using the cynoplus/cynomel for one and a half months. In the beginning, I used both, but stopped the cynomel because I didn't want my temperature too high. With it getting cooler, I will probably add it back and also from what Rayser had said about pain.

OP
T

Thomas

Haagendazendiane said:
I tried cutting mine into several pieces but it just crumbled, so I nibble a little.

My son is using only t3. I initially cut it into 6 pieces. Now, he takes 1/4 twice a day.

There are some forum members who need quite large amounts of t3.

I have only been using the cynoplus/cynomel for one and a half months. In the beginning, I used both, but stopped the cynomel because I didn't want my temperature too high. With it getting cooler, I will probably add it back and also from what Rayser had said about pain.

May I ask how old are you and how old is your Child? I am 51 and my wife is 46. She has a lot of problems with varicose veins. Have you read or Heard anything R.P wrote or do you know if it too could be related to being Hypo? She too suffered a lot of lunginfections and neurodermitis. When you wrote about your Child I started to Think about my family and I Believe there is a lot of stuff going on. The troubble is they will not follow me so easily and Think what I am doing is dangerous. My daughter is Always tired, stressed out and has a puls off a round 50 beats per minute. If you have some advice about woman and being hypo, pms, varicose veins and stuff please tell me or if you know a good book about the subject.

all the best to you
Thomas

HDD

Thomas said:
May I ask how old are you and how old is your Child? I am 51 and my wife is 46. She has a lot of problems with varicose veins. Have you read or Heard anything R.P wrote or do you know if it too could be related to being Hypo? She too suffered a lot of lunginfections and neurodermitis. When you wrote about your Child I started to Think about my family and I Believe there is a lot of stuff going on. The troubble is they will not follow me so easily and Think what I am doing is dangerous. My daughter is Always tired, stressed out and has a puls off a round 50 beats per minute. If you have some advice about woman and being hypo, pms, varicose veins and stuff please tell me or if you know a good book about the subject.

all the best to you
Thomas

I am 56 and the "child" is 21. He has had social anxiety/depression for several years and did not have much improvement going to doctors. I got him to take it partly because I told him bodybuilders use it to get "cut". This is his motivation, although I continually remind him it is to get well. He won't listen about diet so I don't know how much the t3 will help. His pulse was 49 when he started a week and a half ago. The low now is around 60. He also has improved sleep.

I, too, have varicose veins, as did my mother. I believe varicose veins are a symptom of estrogen dominance. I will see if I can find a reference. I don't normally have any problem with my veins but there is another forum member who used quite a bit of progesterone for his. IIRC they were very painful. Ray Peat's book "PMS to Menopause" would be good but I am not sure if he is taking orders right now. "Once a Month, Understanding and Treating PMS" by Katharina Dalton is helpful. I picked up a used copy on amazon. There is a connection between hypothyroidism and estrogen. Here is a quote I found -

"People under stress, or who have a thyroid deficiency, or who don't eat enough protein, typically have elevated estrogen levels. The accumulation of the “essential fatty acids,” the polyunsaturated oils, in the tissues promotes the action of estrogen in a variety of ways, and this effect of diet tends to be cumulative, and to be self-accelerating. "

There is quite an extensive list of symptoms for hypothyroidism. Frequent infections is one of them. So is PMS.

Here is one list-
http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/long-and-pathetic/

I understand about trying to help family. My youngest child is 18 so the influence I have is limited. I try to sneak it in. My daughter always asks if I have any weird ingredient like liver or gelatin in my dishes. Lol. I have been sending my husband little pieces of information from Ray Peat's articles. He will read them if it is to the point. I usually have tried to discuss the topic before so there already s some interest. It is quite a challenge to get healthy and then help those around us that think we are crazy. I keep learning and hope that it will make a difference for them. I have had quite a falling out over this and fortunately I had started thyroid and the battle didn't do me in.

Diane

OP
T

Thomas

Hi thank you for all the info.
What I found interesting is that you son is responding so quickly with his heartbeat. For me it still is low even when the temp is up. So I am afraid to press further. If I take more T3 my heat goes more up but I dont get the heartbeat up. Thats strange. Do you know what that means?
Another strange symptoms I have is that. My temperature is fine, but suddenly I get a wirred feeling in the stomach and I get Dizzy, my hands get icecold and I dont feel so good with a feeling of anxiety. My temp then even can be so hot that I start sweating. Heart beat low. I would Think that one maybe is hot and gets hyperreactions with heartbeat racing.

But I am confused about my mix. Hot temperature/ Cold hands at the same time Anxiety/ low heartbeat?
What kind of reaction is that. Somehow it feels like I would have a very soft allergic reaction. But I never figured out what I am reacting too. I even wrote down Everything I eat for over a year but I didnt found a clear pattern.

Do you have a idea what that could be?

cheers
Thomas

HDD

Thomas said:
Hi thank you for all the info.
What I found interesting is that you son is responding so quickly with his heartbeat. For me it still is low even when the temp is up. So I am afraid to press further. If I take more T3 my heat goes more up but I dont get the heartbeat up. Thats strange. Do you know what that means?
Another strange symptoms I have is that. My temperature is fine, but suddenly I get a wirred feeling in the stomach and I get Dizzy, my hands get icecold and I dont feel so good with a feeling of anxiety. My temp then even can be so hot that I start sweating. Heart beat low. I would Think that one maybe is hot and gets hyperreactions with heartbeat racing.

>>>He is young so probably responds quicker. His basal temperature is low but it comes up. We live in warm weather so it isn't a good indicator. How high is your waking temperature? Broda Barnes uses this to determine thyroid dose. Normal being 97.8-98.2. I wake up warmer, but I sleep under a comforter and 77+ degree home. This is why I backed off on the t3. But I am nibbling again because of the pain. I also picked up some vitamin A because my liver consumption is poor and I think it is a key nutrient.

>>>> Since taking cynoplus, I am very hungry. I think hunger can be masked by gas from a food. It seems like I need to eat quite frequently and by not increasing nutrients, I find other health issues. Maybe this quote from RP can shed some light.

>>>>"But hypoglycemia also tends to decrease the conversion of T4 to T3, so heat production often decreases when a person is hungry. First, their fingers, toes, and nose will get cold, because adrenalin, or adrenergic sympathetic nervous activity, will increase to keep the brain and heart at a normal temperature, by reducing circulation to the skin and extremities. Despite the temperature-regulating effect of adrenalin, the reduced heat production resulting from decreased T3 will make a person susceptible to hypothermia if the environment is cool."

But I am confused about my mix. Hot temperature/ Cold hands at the same time Anxiety/ low heartbeat?
What kind of reaction is that. Somehow it feels like I would have a very soft allergic reaction. But I never figured out what I am reacting too. I even wrote down Everything I eat for over a year but I didnt found a clear pattern.

Do you have a idea what that could be?

>>>>Maybe others will chime in. I don't have a solid grasp on how everything works. Just going by what I have read.

cheers
Thomas

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals