What fruit work best for you? (for those who are starch free)

jet9

Title says, wonder what fruit work best for you. So far i am doing best with:

papaya,
mango,
grapes,
pineapple,
melon,

anything else which work good?

Dean

Really, for most people I think it's down to what (if anything) you can find that seems ripe.

Unless your in the tropics eating tropical fruit or picking the fruit for yourself wherever you are, the fruit was prematurely picked and isn't, nor will it ever be, truly ripe.

Jennifer

papaya,
mango,
grapes,
pineapple,
melon,

Locally grown:

- Plums (black)
- Honeydew melon
- Peaches (yellow and white)
- Wild blueberries
- Wild raspberries (black and red)
- Wild strawberries

dukesbobby777

Cooked apple is pretty much the only thing that I can tolerate.

The fruit in the UK is otherwise awful, and just a waste of money. Everything tastes underripened and chemicals sprayed on them galore. The salads are even worse.

Any UK people's that can point me towards exceptional fruit sources here, I'm all ears...

Vileplume

I do best with papaya, ripe strawberries, and ripe honeydew melon.

Papayas are the only one I can get away with even when they’re not perfectly ripe.

DMF

Yellow Mangos - especially when they're two-for-99 cents.
They also make great house plants - all year round!

Rambutans, medjool dates, ripe mangos. cantaloupe, grapes, cherries.

Xin

what wrong with starch ?
Feeds bad bacterias, concerns with mold and anti nutrients. Some people thrive in a starch free diet. It depends on your microbiome and where you at in your healing process.

LA

what wrong with starch ?
marHaba!
This book will help you understand the answer to your question:
"From PMS to Menopause: Female Hormones in Context"
pg 188
. . .A Logical Diet
"If we restrict ourselves mainly to animal proteins and low-starch fruits, we avoid the nutrient-poor foods, and still have an almost infinite variety of very pleasant foods. These foods are generally so rich in nutrients that a person could choose just a few of them, and be assured of an abundance of vitamins, minerals, and proteins.
Nutritional deficiency diseases probably wouldn't have been discovered if our diets hadn't been based on grains. The starches in grains aren't their only problem, but starch is uniquely suite to activate the formation of fat, adn to stimulate appetite, especially an appetite for more carbohydrate, to restore the blood glucose that has been used up in making fat. Starch also has the ability to stimulate allergic responses, to plug small blood vessels and to accelerate aging (according to the work of G. Volkheimer, and others) . . .

Dr. Peat's original site, or at least the first one I ever discovered regarding his work in 2003, is also where I found how to purchase his books via postal-mail.

View:Ray Peat's Newsletter & Art

I simply sent a personal check to him via regular postal-mail and he sent me the book. You might need to add extra for postage. If you are living in SA then you might arrange something else. Ask him if you are in touch.

If you are suffering you might consider trying Progesterone. I did not use what the people use here. I went to a Professor of Medicine at a Teaching University and he arranged for me to get a prescription of pharmaceutical compounded Natural Progesterone in gelatin capsules; 400 mg.
You might need someone who can get that for you.

Vitamin E is good to put on the face to make the skin smooth but it is not necessary to have progesterone put into it or visa versa; they do different things.
- - Best wishes!

Last edited:

abady

marHaba!
This book will help you understand the answer to your question:
"From PMS to Menopause: Female Hormones in Context"
pg 188
. . .A Logical Diet
"If we restrict ourselves mainly to animal proteins and low-starch fruits, we avoid the nutrient-poor foods, and still have an almost infinite variety of very pleasant foods. These foods are generally so rich in nutrients that a person could choose just a few of them, and be assured of an abundance of vitamins, minerals, and proteins.
Nutritional deficiency diseases probably wouldn't have been discovered if our diets hadn't been based on grains. The starches in grains aren't their only problem, but starch is uniquely suite to activate the formation of fat, adn to stimulate appetite, especially an appetite for more carbohydrate, to restore the blood glucose that has been used up in making fat. Starch also has the ability to stimulate allergic responses, to plug small blood vessels and to accelerate aging (according to the work of G. Volkheimer, and others) . . .

Dr. Peat's original site, or at least the first one I ever discovered regarding his work in 2003, is also where I found how to purchase his books via postal-mail.

View:Ray Peat's Newsletter & Art

I simply sent a personal check to him via regular postal-mail and he sent me the book. You might need to add extra for postage. If you are living in SA then you might arrange something else. Ask him if you are in touch.

If you are suffering you might consider trying Progesterone. I did not use what the people use here. I went to a Professor of Medicine at a Teaching University and he arranged for me to get a prescription of pharmaceutical compounded Natural Progesterone in gelatin capsules; 400 mg.
You might need someone who can get that for you.

Vitamin E is good to put on the face to make the skin smooth but it is not necessary to have progesterone put into it or visa versa; they do different things.
- - Best wishes!
B-but i tried fruits and milk only diet, it just not satisfying,and i have to eat every hour, i have high metabolism i think, starchs good for me, somedays i can reach 5000 calories of rice and pasta and milk and i don't gain fat at all, idk how you guys survive on mangoes all day its weird to me, don't u crave some salty satisfying staches that fill you up for hours? , i don't get it, i hate to eat and drink milk every hour the whole day, that way of eating become my whole life.

DMF

Yellow Mangos - especially when they're two-for-99 cents.
They also make great house plants - all year round!
The big giant seeds are easy to grow - if only I lived in a tropical climate I could transplant them out of doors.

aniciete

B-but i tried fruits and milk only diet, it just not satisfying,and i have to eat every hour, i have high metabolism i think, starchs good for me, somedays i can reach 5000 calories of rice and pasta and milk and i don't gain fat at all, idk how you guys survive on mangoes all day its weird to me, don't u crave some salty satisfying staches that fill you up for hours? , i don't get it, i hate to eat and drink milk every hour the whole day, that way of eating become my whole life.
Eat starch if you feel good doing so. Too many people around here eliminate it even if they don’t have issues with it.

papaya,
mango,
grapes,
pineapple,
melon,

What works the very best for me is to soak frozen fruit and orange peels in water overnight, and even longer, strain it into a glass and muddle in a neutral flavored white honey, it is like an unbelievable fruit punch! Here is a pic of what I have left from my blueberry raspberry orange peel juice that I started two days ago.

I like perfectly ripe watermelon and mango too!

Attachments

• 1DB14A5A-88DD-4F4A-9E3A-C888F77BFD3B.jpeg
    1DB14A5A-88DD-4F4A-9E3A-C888F77BFD3B.jpeg
    341.3 KB · Views: 27

LA

Yes, I understand now. It would be very helpful to the starch eaters for you to be in a Starch is wonderful discussion thread or perhaps to start your own thread on that topic. :):
Dr. Ray Peat does not advocate a "Low Carb" diet and instead encourages us to find easier ways to get 'sugar / carbs' into our systems such as sweet orange juice, various types of sweet fruit, etc. No one has mentioned dates although dates are carbs.
I almost never eat Mangoes and try to eat and drink fruit available in our area. Most of those I know who eat a lot of Rice and Noodles are Chinese. My friend who was born in Taiwan eats rice or noodles with every meal.
You actually look more Asian to me otherwise I would say - if the old saying is true that
We should eat what the healthiest of our ancestors ate - if you are Saudi would your ancestors be the Bedu? Besides Dates and Camel milk I dont know what the Bedouin nomads ate; they looked very healthy.
It was not mentioned in this thread since they are asking for what NON-starch eaters use for *Fruit* - I also eat sweet chocolate almost daily and would probably eat dates if we found any good ones. I enjoy vanilla Ice cream if it is good - IF it has no additives. After the covid hit the US then many healthy choices disappeared.
My husband has to eat starch or he gets too skinny for his size so he eats starch but not rice and if he eats noodles then linguine from Italy. Best wishes,

abady

Yes, I understand now. It would be very helpful to the starch eaters for you to be in a Starch is wonderful discussion thread or perhaps to start your own thread on that topic. :):
Dr. Ray Peat does not advocate a "Low Carb" diet and instead encourages us to find easier ways to get 'sugar / carbs' into our systems such as sweet orange juice, various types of sweet fruit, etc. No one has mentioned dates although dates are carbs.
I almost never eat Mangoes and try to eat and drink fruit available in our area. Most of those I know who eat a lot of Rice and Noodles are Chinese. My friend who was born in Taiwan eats rice or noodles with every meal.
You actually look more Asian to me otherwise I would say - if the old saying is true that
We should eat what the healthiest of our ancestors ate - if you are Saudi would your ancestors be the Bedu? Besides Dates and Camel milk I dont know what the Bedouin nomads ate; they looked very healthy.
It was not mentioned in this thread since they are asking for what NON-starch eaters use for *Fruit* - I also eat sweet chocolate almost daily and would probably eat dates if we found any good ones. I enjoy vanilla Ice cream if it is good - IF it has no additives. After the covid hit the US then many healthy choices disappeared.
My husband has to eat starch or he gets too skinny for his size so he eats starch but not rice and if he eats noodles then linguine from Italy. Best wishes,
Yes in Saudi Arabia we eat lots of rice grains milk and dates.

LadyRae

It seems that the fruits that I crave the most don't always digest the best. Like watermelon and apples. But I do really well with cantaloupe and honeydew melons, pineapple, grapes and even bananas.

When I'm in Hawaii I will eat fresh papaya and those digest really well...

Lately I've really enjoyed raisins in my carrot salad along with some Tandoori spice

Smelly5

Blood oranges are my favourite.
They are sweet yet their flesh seems to detach from the white inner skin stuff really easily, so they are not messy to eat.

2nd place goes to custard apples,

Papaya, Dragon fruit, Maha mangoes are also great.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals