What's Your Blood Type And What Diet Strategies Work Best For You?

jet9

Guys hi,

As the title says i wonder what's your blood type and what strategies work best for you.
Like do you do better on starch or sugar, more animal protein or less, etc.

p.s. I know that Dadamo Blood Type Diet is not really scientific.
But still there are correlations between blood type and diabetes for example
Association of ABO and Rh blood groups with type 2 diabetes mellitus. - PubMed - NCBI
Subjects with blood group "B" are at high risk while individuals with blood group "O" are at low peril of evolving type 2 diabetes. It is suggested that subjects with blood group "B" should be closely monitored by physicians as these subjects have an increased risk of type 2 diabetes.​
So it's possibly that different blood types may handle different food groups more or less efficiently.

CLASH

@jet9
There is some validity to the blood type diet concept, especially in regards to the idea of lectins present in different foods interacting with the surface glycoproteins of an individuals tissues. Idk to what extent the diet adheres to the idea above but I have noticed that many foods that are approved for my blood type are indeed foods that I do well with. Its not a 100%, but theres a general trend.

Btw i’m blood type o and do well with red meat, seafood, beef fat and fruits. I dont do well with starches, grains and nuts/ seeds. Some of the foods approved for my blood type dont sit well with me at all, like sweet potatoes and cruciferous vegetables.

OP
J

jet9

i’m blood type o and do well with red meat, seafood, beef fat and fruits. I dont do well with starches, grains and nuts/ seeds

Clash, thank you for your feedback as type O representative )

Bump for more replies !

Elize

I am O positive and do best on the D'Adamo diet. I dohave coconut from time to time even though an avoid Pork, corn, soy and dairy for sure as indicated are problems for me and porcine containing NDT thyroid meds do not work for me

lampofred

I think there is a lot to blood types. I am A+ which is apparently the most estrogenic and prone to cancer... I do in fact do poorly on meat. Oranges, milk, potatoes are all apparently not recommended for me... Maybe it's time to leave RP and make a switch. RP would probably be amazing for AB- types.

Last edited:

LUH 3417

I think there is a lot to blood types. I am A+ which is apparently the most estrogenic and prone to cancer... I do in fact do poorly on meat. Oranges, milk, potatoes are all apparently not recommended for me... Maybe it's time to leave RP and make a switch. RP would probably be amazing for AB- types.
im a+ too, are you going to try the a+ diet?

LuMonty

could you tell what foods work best for you ?
There have been a lot of factors that have interfered with getting an ideal diet in place. The only constants thus far is red meat, milk and any good sweet citrus/ tropical fruit. The big problem is that there isn't much good fruit around to buy so it's hard telling whether it's me or the fruit.

OP
J

jet9

There have been a lot of factors that have interfered with getting an ideal diet in place. The only constants thus far is red meat, milk and any good sweet citrus/ tropical fruit. The big problem is that there isn't much good fruit around to buy so it's hard telling whether it's me or the fruit.
thank you

Dino D

I'm a+,
I dont do good on food, im much worse without it... i like to eat everything... and i can eat a lot and nothing makes a true difference :)
The only advice i have is :get your proteins in :)

LUH 3417

I'm a+,
I dont do good on food, im much worse without it... i like to eat everything... and i can eat a lot and nothing makes a true difference :)
The only advice i have is :get your proteins in :)
That almost sounds like a riddle

lampofred

im a+ too, are you going to try the a+ diet?

Not going to start eating fish or nuts, but I'm going to try replacing milk with mozzarella/feta/ricotta cheese and OJ with apple juice, guava juice, cranberry juice, pineapple juice, other lighter juices.

This shouldn't be necessary if I respond to thyroid hormone since thyroid strengthens digestion and lowers cortisol but unfortunately I don't lol.

Andy316

I am A+ and do well on veg better than meat. Lack of HCL seems to be a problem for A blood type.

ursidae

Blood type A. It's true my stomach acid is low

They recommend me soy, seeds, grains, nuts, legumes and folliage --might as well go die

everything peat recommends is bad for me according to this but I already figured that out on my own

ursidae

Are you rh negative by any chance. I went through lots of threads and you're consistently among the few that get good results on this peat diet. It's such a minority that the only other person I can think of who's thriving on this is Danny Roddy though I get the impression that he was never frail to begin with. I read something about rhesus factor and copper recently and who knows it might be connected to the slow vs fast oxidiser thing seeing as they comprise a similar percentage of the population. Just speculating though, I'm not very knowledgeable

lampofred

Are you rh negative by any chance. I went through lots of threads and you're consistently among the few that get good results on this peat diet. It's such a minority that the only other person I can think of who's thriving on this is Danny Roddy though I get the impression that he was never frail to begin with. I read something about rhesus factor and copper recently and who knows it might be connected to the slow vs fast oxidiser thing seeing as they comprise a similar percentage of the population. Just speculating though, I'm not very knowledgeable

No, I'm rh positive, but I think a big reason why this diet works for me is my high coffee consumption and daily aspirin (and I think D'Adamo says coffee suits blood type A very well). I think estrogen has to be relatively low to do well on mainly milk and fruit, and high coffee intake lowers aromatase quite a bit, and prostaglandin inhibition from aspirin lowers aromatase as well.

Without coffee, aspirin (and recently vitamin D) I do poorly on this diet, but with those things, I do better on this diet than on any other diet, if that makes sense.

I think Peat would say coffee and aspirin are just substituting for thyroid hormone, but for some reason I get better results from coffee and aspirin than I do from thyroid directly.

Also have you tried upping your salt intake? I think blood type A physiology overlaps with Type 1 diabetes physiology, and I saw a thread this morning about how high salt intake improves glucose oxidation in Type 1 diabetics (Mega Salt Diet Improves Type 1 Diabetes In Children And Increases Glucose Oxidation). Plus salt increases stomach acid.

ursidae

No, I'm rh positive, but I think a big reason why this diet works for me is my high coffee consumption and daily aspirin (and I think D'Adamo says coffee suits blood type A very well). I think estrogen has to be relatively low to do well on mainly milk and fruit, and high coffee intake lowers aromatase quite a bit, and prostaglandin inhibition from aspirin lowers aromatase as well.

Without coffee, aspirin (and recently vitamin D) I do poorly on this diet, but with those things, I do better on this diet than on any other diet, if that makes sense.

I think Peat would say coffee and aspirin are just substituting for thyroid hormone, but for some reason I get better results from coffee and aspirin than I do from thyroid directly.

Also have you tried upping your salt intake? I think blood type A physiology overlaps with Type 1 diabetes physiology, and I saw a thread this morning about how high salt intake improves glucose oxidation in Type 1 diabetics (Mega Salt Diet Improves Type 1 Diabetes In Children And Increases Glucose Oxidation). Plus salt increases stomach acid.
It's a package, I see.
I did up my salt intake significsantly after years of near zero salt and drinking 2+ L of water. Can't say it changed things much, I still have to pop 5+ betaine hcl pills which is bad but I can't let go of animal protein. New experiment is decreasing water intake -- I only get it from cucumbers, celery juice and tomatoes

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals