What Benefits Have You Gotten From Vitamin A?

FredSonoma

Title says all. I'm interested in supplementing it for digestion issues, in particular, issues with starch / other prebiotics.

M

marikay

I mostly notice an increase in metabolism with Vit. A., especially when combined with t3. Digestion does seem to get better, but I've always attributed that to the better metabolism from the thyroid medication.

michael94

my humble opinion having taken a lot of supplements...try avoid them as much as possible unless you really need. Go for some beef liver instead, plus you can kill a lot of birds with that stone not just vit a...It's very cheap and pretty palatable if eat raw + frozen. I take with a coffee/gelatin mixture and I feel amazing since adding it just a few weeks back.

To answer your question, biggest thing I noticed from vitamin A was my face, specifically my eyes, looked much better.

LucH

FredSonoma said:
post 116609 Title says all. I'm interested in supplementing it for digestion issues, in particular, issues with starch / other prebiotics.
Vit A is a cofactor in immunity, along with Vit D ... Good for eyes, skin and hair ...
Except deficience in Vit A and GLA pathway you won't notice much trouble if you are under 45 years old and you eat carrots and other orange fruits.
If you experience problems with starch, try to diminish or better to suppress white potatoes (solanine) and to adopt a gluten-free diet for 3 months.
Find your glucids in fruits ans vegetables as main source.
To improve my digestion, I took enzymes multi-purposes: omegazyme - from garden of life. Only when eating starch with protein.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
F

FredSonoma

icecreamlover said:
post 116612 my humble opinion having taken a lot of supplements...try avoid them as much as possible unless you really need. Go for some beef liver instead, plus you can kill a lot of birds with that stone not just vit a...It's very cheap and pretty palatable if eat raw + frozen. I take with a coffee/gelatin mixture and I feel amazing since adding it just a few weeks back.

To answer your question, biggest thing I noticed from vitamin A was my face, specifically my eyes, looked much better.

Do you mean like circles around your eyes? Or your eyes themselves? I really love the taste of beef liver cooked - is eating it raw healthier for any reason? Or just more palatable for people that hate the taste?

michael94

The skin around the eyes sockets like...opened up and the expose the eyes more or something. They look healthier for sure. I'm not sure if raw is better I just prefer it raw+frozen for convenience and if you like it better cooked eat it that way.

superhuman

icecreamlover said:
post 116612 my humble opinion having taken a lot of supplements...try avoid them as much as possible unless you really need. Go for some beef liver instead, plus you can kill a lot of birds with that stone not just vit a...It's very cheap and pretty palatable if eat raw + frozen. I take with a coffee/gelatin mixture and I feel amazing since adding it just a few weeks back.

How much liver do you eat a week? in terms of grams etc

tara

zooma

If you have access to good liver and like the taste then I don't think there is any reason to supplement, just eat more liver.

Velve921

I eat 6oz of beef liver 1x a week combined with coffee + coconut oil + butter + sugar + milk + 1/2 grain of NDT + 325mg of aspirin...immediate uplift every time! I absolutely have found beef liver to be a staple! Ray has said many times that liver more than 1x a week could provide too much iron. 6oz of liver may be even considered a high dose. I have recently started donating blood 2-4x a year to keep iron levels in check.

Coffee + milk + aspirin is supposed to inhibit iron toxicity.
Thyroid, aspirin, coffee, milk, butter, coconut oil, sugar is supposed to protect from PUFA.
I do thyroid before the meal and then aspirin shortly there after. There is a lot of stimulation from the combined substances and nutrients. If I notice low blood sugar then I continue adding sugar to my coffee until I feel good to go.

As beef liver can be high in PUFA, phosphate, tryptophan, and other amino acids that could be stressful, I always consume beef liver in the morning...the stressful effects can cause adverse sleeping issues. And then on the flip side, the stimulation from all the combined substances and nutrients could make sleep stressful as well.

As Haidut spoke about in some studies, Vitamin A may not reach toxicity unless consumed in the hundreds of thousands of IUS per day. On top of beef liver I have chosen to supplement Vitamin A topically at 20,000 IUS a day on top of the beef liver. I have not noticed much of a difference with the supplementation, however, others have reported the need for 40-80,000 IUS a day to see sufficient energy results.

All I have to say is rock on with the beef liver! Love it!

Mr Rossi

I take Vitamin A about 1o days.
My biggest benefit from Vitamin A are very strong muscles.
Especially in the biceps. Without Vitamin A, the muscles are very weak and flabby.
Due to health problems, I can currently make no sports. Still, I get very strong arm muscles.

answersfound

No acne

milk_lover

Ewlevy1 said:
post 116739 As beef liver can be high in PUFA, phosphate, tryptophan, and other amino acids that could be stressful, I always consume beef liver in the morning...the stressful effects can cause adverse sleeping issues. And then on the flip side, the stimulation from all the combined substances and nutrients could make sleep stressful as well.
This! Even though I enjoy liver, it sets stress in my body due to the things you mentioned, so to avoid those issues, one can (as a suggestion):
1- take vitamin E for PUFA mitigation and vitamin A unsaturation
2- drink coffee with milk to reduce iron and increase Ca/Ph. ratio
3- take aspirin to block tryptophan absorbance (iron to a lesser degree)
4- maybe take vitamin D and K2 to let them have synergic effect with E and A
5- take gelatin or BCAA to balance the other inflammatory amino acids

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals