Vitamin A Experiences

What effects did you notice from taking a Vitamin A supplement? (not beta-carotene).

• Felt as Pregnenolone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Felt as Progesterone

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Estrogen lowering noticed

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Cortisol lowering noticed

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Allergic or Bad reaction

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Other reactions (describe in thread)

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

dookie

I have read good things about Vitamin A. It's supposed to be both anti-estrogen and anti-cortisol. It's also been used for allergies. I got an order of retinyl palmitate, 15,000 IU from carlon's lab, on its way. But I wonder what effects to expect. Peat says it's needed for producing the neurosteroids including progesterone and I did find a study which showed higher progesterone from Vitamin A. Would this mean Vitamin A can have effects similar to taking progesterone or pregnenolone? Hoping that someone who has taken Vitamin A can describe the effects they noticed from it.

EDIT: can someone move this to the appropriate forum? I dont know why it ended up in Aspirin

Lilac

I recently started using Nutrisorb on the troublesome parts of my complexion. I like the results so far. The flaking on my nose is pretty much gone. This seems to illustrate Peat's point that a vitamin A deficiency in the skin can cause catabolization and keritinization. The pores seem to be clearing up, too, but I think it's too early to say for sure. I have started rubbing a bit on my eyebrows in hopes of getting rid of the few grays there. Since I've been using the Nutrisorb, there have been a few times when I look at the TV screen late at night and the words on a menu are clearer. The vision improvement, if real, lasts only a few seconds, and I've noticed it only at night.

Stilgar

I have low vitamin D and low iron. I react horribly to vitamin A if over 5000iu, even on loads of thyroid.

I also have a hunch that it makes me more iron deficient, by pulling iron out of storage (already low).

OP
D

dookie

Stilgar said:
I have low vitamin D and low iron. I react horribly to vitamin A if over 5000iu, even on loads of thyroid.

I also have a hunch that it makes me more iron deficient, by pulling iron out of storage (already low).

Can you describe the effects it has on you?

Stilgar

Sure.

My history is with itchy skin, histamine feeling, skin crawling, dry eyes, awful fatigue and tiredness, up and down mood swings, depression, anxiety, and heaviness, aching and pain in my legs. History of taking birth control etc. I developed a large thyroid cyst as of about two or three years ago, though only got it recently diagnosed. My blood tests showed low ferritin (then borderline ferritin, after large doses of T3 a few days before the test), low free T4 and a very low TSH of 0.001 (I was on a lot of thyroid and still felt terrible, and not hyper!).

I would usually take vitamin A when my hair felt greasy, the skin on my face crawled and was itchy, and when some keratosis pilaris on my arms looked visible. Low dose, I wouldn't notice a thing. On liver (even under one ounce), or a UK supplement called vitasorb A (similar to nutrisorb - retinyl palmitate in olive oil), any repeated doses or even isolated doses above 5000 units and I would get a devastating depressive episode almost every time. My throat would feel swollen, my legs heavy and aching, I would get dry eyes and a dry mouth and I would be noticeably tired and would see a very pronounced pale area around my mouth.

It was a process of elimination to reach the point of finding iron and vitamin d as my weak spots after that. I just couldn't figure out why I reacted so badly, when I only rarely ate liver anyway. I had always assumed I would be mildy deficient, and estrogen dominant. I have had the same response to vitamin A on 2 grains of NDT or later roughly 1 cynoplus a day.

When I started iron and vitamin D, I abruptly needed little to no cynoplus.

I think I need to replete vitamin D before I can use vitamin A properly, and get my iron stores up, or just stay with the low dose.

It is all quite interesting, because Ray recommended vitamin D to me for my cyst, so his recommendation was most pertinent.

Ulla

Stilgar said:
post 105574

I think I need to replete vitamin D before I can use vitamin A properly, and get my iron stores up, or just stay with the low dose.

I read somewhere that vitamin D and vitamin A need to be in a right proportion. Something like that there is no danger of overdosing any of each as long as they are balanced.
So maybe it is important when we are taking vitamin A that we also take a look at vitamin D.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
D

dookie

Stilgar how long does it take before the bad side effects of the Vitamin A "wear off"?

Stilgar

naninani said:
I read somewhere that vitamin D and vitamin A need to be in a right proportion. Something like that there is no danger of overdosing any of each as long as they are balanced.

Yeah, I am wondering about the vitamin A/D balance. Problem is, I live in a grey, dark country (scotland), and get little light. It is a big problem. I need to get rich and go on holiday regularly, or move abroad, one or the other. It is just not the same 'making do' with supplements :roll:.

dookie said:
post 105735 Stilgar how long does it take before the bad side effects of the Vitamin A "wear off"?

I think a few days at least, perhaps up to a week. The worst is the first day or two.

Last edited by a moderator:

Parsifal

Why is their so much informations on the web saying that supplemlenting A is dangerous?

Btw Stilgar's story about supplementing Iron and needing no more thyroid is quite interesting...

GorillaHead

So wanna add my experiences. I think vitamin A becomes toxic if it doesnt clear the body.

I think that dandruff and acne are actually caused by vitamin A. And that when u consume too much vitamin A. It shuts down the vitamin A pathway and u get no more acne. And no more dandruff.

Accutane causes night blindness in some people which is a known side effect if retinol deficiency.

Honestly the idea that we need insane levels of vitamin A in our body makes zero zero zero sense. Literally some of the doses people are taking arent possible to ever get naturally easily.

Theory is that our liver releases retinol in our gut. And without fiber it keeps getting recycled.

I will come back and update this theory in a week or so if fiber consumption solves these problems

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals