Libido Issues W/ Vit A

gabys225

Based on my experience with aromatase inhibitors (letrozole, exemestane) I know exactly what if feels like when my estrogen gets too low and my libido completely tanks. The opposite sex, or rather sex in general, just doesn't concern me. It's like thinking about a slice a bread or something! This is where the vitamin A comes in. It's amazing for my dandruff, and one of the clearest signs my body gives me is when I get dandruff on my eyebrows. About 20,000 IU's daily takes care of this and I have great energy and a humming metabolic rate. The kicker? My libido disappears! I take it along with D3 and K2, and a few days in and it's gone. I get off it, my libido comes back with a vengeance as well as the dandruff. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to remedy this? I think it's the vit A because I know it's anti-estrogenic and the feeling is identical to aromatase inhibitors. I just want to have a libido and be dandruff free simultaneously!

J

j.

Have you played with megadosing progesterone?

Progesterone can mitigate some effects of vitamin A deficiency, and maybe it can reconfigure your libido.

Mittir

RP has mentioned that low cholesterol lowers libido. One of the function of
vitamin A is to increase synthesis of anti-stress hormones like progesterone,
and DHEA from cholesterol with the help of thyroid . RP recommends total cholesterol level at least
160, preferably 200, before starting thyroid supplement. If vitamin A is increasing
your metabolism by increasing anti stress hormones then you might end up
with Hypocholesterolemia. He also commented that if large part of cholesterol
is converted to anti stress hormones then low cholesterol is not a big problem.
But, my understanding is that we need a minimum level of cholesterol.
Another possibility is that excess vitamin A is lowering your thyroid function
even though fixing skin problem. RP mentioned that good thyroid function is
necessary for libido. It is also possible that in past your libido was extra high
from estrogen. Estrogen, like cocaine, is excitatory. You are probably having
normal level libido from lowered Estrogen. He also mentioned that
lowering serotonin can increase libido. He recommended people B6 and DHEA
and i think those were addressed to male. High cortisol lowers libido.

Curt :-)

This is interesting to hear, as I recently started vitamin A @ 50,000iu and it seems to have dampened my libido too.
@mittir, does one need to eat more fat to have a decent level of cholesterol? My diet is fairly low in fat.

Mittir

@Curt
RP recommends fructose rich foods like OJ, fruit juice, sugar to increase cholesterol.
You do not need to increase fat intake for that.

OP
G

gabys225

@himsahimsa
I am a male. Thanks for the responses so far. I have progesterone that i'll begin experimenting with after doing a little more research on it, as well as upping my fructose intake.

J

j.

Oops, I thought you were a female. I'm not sure progesterone is good for a male, at least for those issues.

I am a female and have found that I am having THE SAME ISSUE. At ovulation when estrogen is high my libido is through the roof, but my skin starts to act up so I take more vit. A and start the Progest-E, then libido completely tanks.

I just began experiments with A and am finding it takes nearly 50,000iu to keep the flakes and acne at bay. I had NO idea what was causing this libido issue.....what do we do????

Stilgar

thebigpeatowski said:
I am a female and have found that I am having THE SAME ISSUE. At ovulation when estrogen is high my libido is through the roof, but my skin starts to act up so I take more vit. A and start the Progest-E, then libido completely tanks.

I just began experiments with A and am finding it takes nearly 50,000iu to keep the flakes and acne at bay. I had NO idea what was causing this libido issue.....what do we do????

Ahh this is me too, almost exactly. Does your libido come back during your period? Mine does, along with the skin issues going away, until about day 22-25 when things go awol :x

dukez07

Are you guys not just taking far too much vitamin A? There's surely no need to take as much as 25,000iu. My libido has improved recently, just through taking t3. It is really strange that it has taken weeks of use for it to finally do what I wanted it to do all along (warm me up and restore sexual funtion). For vitamin A, I normally just eat a very small amount of liver each day (about 5,000iu, according to cronometer). However, the past week, I've been eating that ***t raw - which yields even greater benefits for me. Socially, it won't get me a girlfriend, but I've never seen anything wrong with experimentation.

OP
G

gabys225

I did raw liver as well, very little dandruff but my iron levels would go through the roof despite spacing it away from vit c and having it with coffee. I always donating so I opted for supplementation. I'm still going up incrementally to see if I can find a sweet spot with the vit A. I take it with K2 and D3, then at night I take vit E at night. Maybe toying with the ratios of them might help?

dukez07

gabys225 said:
I did raw liver as well, very little dandruff but my iron levels would go through the roof despite spacing it away from vit c and having it with coffee. I always donating so I opted for supplementation. I'm still going up incrementally to see if I can find a sweet spot with the vit A. I take it with K2 and D3, then at night I take vit E at night. Maybe toying with the ratios of them might help?

That's interesting. Did you test your iron levels, before and after? That does concern me, because I am eating about 30g of liver per day (so, 210g per week). I'm not shy with my carbs that contain vitamin C, either. Also, recently, I have been adding in 3 or 4 big, fat juicy red steaks each week (and love them, lol). God I love sinking my teeth into them. But yes, they are not exactly low in iron, either :(

When you talk about donating, you mean donating blood? This is something I have wanted to do regularly to lower my iron levels (and helping the health service, as a nice side bonus). So you were donating, then still had high iron levels? Not good. Iron is so toxic to the body in high amounts.

I might consider supplementation myself, for vitamin A. Another win for dairy, I guess?

serling78

I get the same loss of libido from A as well. I stopped taking my 25000 IU supplement a couple weeks ago due to this.

I'm going to experiment with cutting the pill in quarters to see if I feel the same libido issues. In general anything that lowers estrogen always does this to me.

Is honey a good way too get extra fructose?

noqcks

I get the same effects. I was taking 5-7.5k UI of Vitamin A per day and having poor libido and erection quality.

I stopped and it was semi-normal in a couple days.

I think this comes from Vitamin A’s metabolism of cholesterol.

The problem is I don’t know how to increase my cholesterol. Most people here say “drink OJ”, but I already am!

LUH 3417

I have had higher cholesterol most of my life (since like 8 years old) and just started taking health natura vitamin a and am having the opposite experience. I think about sex constantly whereas before it really was not something I would think about much except for during ovulation.

aniciete

I have had higher cholesterol most of my life (since like 8 years old) and just started taking health natura vitamin a and am having the opposite experience. I think about sex constantly whereas before it really was not something I would think about much except for during ovulation.
Isn’t unstimulated arousal estrogen related?

LUH 3417

Isn’t unstimulated arousal estrogen related?
It doesn’t feel like an estrogenic libido. I just have images in my head and my body feels turned on and warm which is a nice feeling. Estrogenic libido is agitated.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals