Why Does Vitamin E Irritate The Stomach?

michael94

Hello, I take lotioncrafter vitamin E.

The effects are very good in terms of what vitamin E is supposed to do ( lower anxiety, boost energy, anti E ). However, when I take it orally it irritates my gut without fail. What is the reason for this? Is it something you can avoid by mixing Vitamin E with a safe type of oil to cut down on the viscosity or is it unavoidable altogether when going to oral route?

Unfortunately I feel the best effects one would expect from vitamin E with 1000-1500 IU and achieving that topically is expensive and annoying ( ray says 4x the dose ).

Alternatively, has anyone taken a vitamin E supplement in that sort of dosage ( 800 IU or more ) that didn't irritate your gut? Even if it's the lotioncrafter feel free to share as more data points are always welcome!

Nighteyes

Ray Peat mentioned in a recently transcribed interview that taking E orally with food Can make it less irritating to The gut.

I get The least amount of problems by taking it with coconut Oil nutella that i make by mixing coconut Oil with cocoa powder, sugar and a little butter.

I still have some digestive trouble though so interested in others advice on this

tara

There's a good chance it's mainly a viscosity problem. The easiest thing to try would be to see if eating it mixed with or after food solves the problem. A few of us have noticed irritation issues (esp. throat) with progest-e, too.

OP
michael94

michael94

Yes the viscosity does seem to be the problem along with whatever they changed about production. I wonder if taking dry vitamin E is a solution? I know it only comes with alpha tocopherol succinate but it seems to have the anti-oxidant benefit of mixed tocopherols without being irritating to the gut. I've been reading reviews on amazon for dry-vitamin E products and it gets mentioned quite often that they can't tolerate the oil form orally so we're definitely not an isolated group in this regard.

I'm thinking about trying this brand, comes with selenium and it's also kosher ( kosher certification is a pretty thorough process, may be important or not ). And get this, the oil form of vitamin E from the same company is not kosher which I find interesting...

Same exact thing is going on for Bluebonnet brand. The regular 400 iu vitamin E is not certified kosher but the full spectrum E and the dry-E is. Why are these 400 iu mixed tocopherol oil products from both companies NOT KOSHER while the other vitamin e products from the same companies ARE KOSHER? It's incredibly fishy to me.

Anyway I'm going to be looking for the solgar dry E later tonight when I go shopping.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals