Vitamin A Without PUFAs?

I'd like to take vitamin A, without PUFAs.

There is "dry" A, but studies show this is harmful.

I want to use A from fish liver oil. There are plenty of them and they are inexpensive, but all seem to contain soybean oil.

Any ideas? Thanks!

P.S. Why does Ray not discuss supplementing with A? His work promotes vitamin A as central to reducing excess estrogen, and yet he never discusses supplementing it. I know he is not in favor of a lot of supplementing, but this is a big question of mine. Thanks!

How much does 200mg of PUFA contribute to your daily amount :shock:

XPlus

A is unsaturated by nature.
In my experience, taking large doses of A on the skin might make those areas where it's administered susceptible to damage from oxidisation.
This is solved by using it in combination with Vitamin E.
RP said:
Since vitamin A is highly unsaturated[etc...

dookie

ecstatichamster said:
I'd like to take vitamin A, without PUFAs.

There is "dry" A, but studies show this is harmful.

I want to use A from fish liver oil. There are plenty of them and they are inexpensive, but all seem to contain soybean oil.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Is there a difference between dry A and the products dissolved in oil? Isn't it just the same dry A that's dissolved in a bit of vegetable oil?

I don't think it's necessary to worry about that little PUFA, it's a few drops of vegetable oil and you wouldn't be taking the product all your life.

Fish liver oil A might be the way to go but could it be contaminated with something?

Which studies have you seen that show "dry" vitamin A to be harmful?

ecstatichamster said:
P.S. Why does Ray not discuss supplementing with A? His work promotes vitamin A as central to reducing excess estrogen, and yet he never discusses supplementing it. I know he is not in favor of a lot of supplementing, but this is a big question of mine. Thanks!

I have thought about the same thing. Peat mentions Vitamin A as anti-estrogen and necessary for the production of progesterone. In a rat study, Vitamin A and progesterone were found to have overlapping functions. Could taking vitamin A be a more gentle way to increase your progesterone, than directly supplementing progesterone? Yet Peat doesn't recommends supplements with Vitamin A, maybe it's because they typically cause allergic reactions? And most people don't seem to have that good experiences with Vitamin A, at least I haven't heard anyone claiming major health changes from using it..

I made a post about vitamin A here: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=8232

OP
ecstatichamster
I take a lot of A. I have found it boosts immune response, meaning cures flu. But you MUST take it with D3 and K2, and probably calcium and magnesium. I take 50,000 units of A sometimes. The type is fish oil A, and I take it with 50,000 units of D and 200mcg MK7 K2.

People have trouble with A because they aren't taking the balance of vitamins. These should all go together:

Here is a study showing dry A toxicity:
http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/78/6/1152.long

D

Derek

I've known people who've had good results with the Carlson's A from fish liver. It also contains some natural D3 as well.

You take 50,000IU of vitamin D? Was that a typo?

answersfound

Derek said:
post 112084 I've known people who've had good results with the Carlson's A from fish liver. It also contains some natural D3 as well.

Ray believes that Vitamin A should come from a Halibut Liver Oil and not a Cod Liver Oil. This distinction is important as the Carlson supplement does not use Halibut Liver Oil.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Derek

answersfound said:
post 112086
Derek said:
post 112084 I've known people who've had good results with the Carlson's A from fish liver. It also contains some natural D3 as well.

Ray believes that Vitamin A should come from a Halibut Liver Oil and not a Cod Liver Oil. This distinction is important as the Carlson supplement does not use Halibut Liver Oil.

Tell me what the difference is between halibut liver derived A and cod liver derived A?

Strongbad

Vitamin A is something that I think you can go without supplements.

It's available in abundant on these food: carrots, sweet potatoes, beef liver, raw honey, water melon.

Giraffe

Strongbad said:
post 112265 Vitamin A is something that I think you can go without supplements.

It's available in abundant on these food: carrots, sweet potatoes, beef liver, raw honey, water melon.
Vitamin A (retinol) is only found in animal food. Plant foods only contain beta-carotene which hypothyroid people can't properly convert to vitamin A.

I agree that you can get lots of vitamin A from food. Liver is extremely rich in vitamin A.

OP
ecstatichamster
you can get vitamin A from food. You don't need to take extra. Your body can make vitamin A from beta-carotene, but it may not do that efficiently. You can get vitamin A itself from liver. Which you may want extra vitamin A for some reason. Vitamin A can be extremely powerful. I think the mistake people make, is to take vitamin A in the absence of vitamin D3 and vitamin K2. They should always be taken together. I know Ray is not big on supplements. I get that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals