Nutrisorb Vitamin A Discontinued

Franz

Dear iHerb Customer,

The product you are interested in purchasing, InterPlexus Inc., NutriSorb A, Liquid Vitamin A, 0.6 fl oz (17 ml), has been discontinued by the manufacturer, or is no longer carried by iHerb.
[ http://www.iherb.com/InterPlexus-Inc-Nu ... 7-ml/31265 ]

We apologize for this inconvenience. iHerb carries over 35,000 products, please browse our website for similar products from other reputable brands.

Sincerely,

iHerb Customer Service

[email protected]

http://www.iherb.com

kiran

Wilfrid, I wonder if that's not just an even older version of nutrisorb vit A.

Wilfrid

Hi Kiran,

Yes you are correct.
But I think that the two web site I posted above still have a good supply of it.

OP
F

Franz

Does anyone know of a good alternative? I'm looking for about 5000iu a day. My bottle from nutrisorb is almost empty :(

Dan W

Hmm, I wonder if they're revamping their product line: John Eels noticed that they may have changed their magnesium formulation. It seems like every Peat-ey supplement company is giving up (considering the issues with Unique E and also Beyond a Century discontinuing tons of products).

I will see if I can find any replacements...though I'm pessimistic.

Some of us are using oil-based vitamin A for affordability and other reasons. Some discussion here for anyone interested.

OP
F

Franz

That one looks good, but it differs from nutrisorb in that the vitamin a is in the form of Retinyl Palmitate and not retinol. I think retinol is better.

Dan W

Beebop said:
What are we looking for in an ideal Vit A supplement?

I've wondered about this too. I get the same impression as Franz, that plain retinol is somehow better than retinyl palmitate. However, I also get the impression that retinol palmitate is the same thing as retinyl palmitate. Anyone know if that's correct? It'd be nice if it is, because it opens up more potential products.

If we can't figure it out, I could also make a list of potential substitutes and ask Peat to choose the best ones.

Wilfrid

This quote is from Lita Lee's website:

Dr. Peat says that thyroid hormone plus natural vitamin A work to ensure progesterone formation.  It is very important for you to know that there are some poisonous vitamin A products out there.  The vitamin A that Peat recommends is retinyl palmitate, a very pure form of vitamin A.  This can be applied directly to the skin.  He does not recommend internal use of vitamin A.

Unfortunately, most acne sufferers use poisonous, synthetic forms of vitamin A.  These include:  Retin A and Acutane.  Retin A causes bone disease.  It makes bones spotty and soft.  Acutane causes birth defects and adrenal insufficiency. 

So, it seems that this form of vit A is peat friendly.

Dan W

Good news, Interplexus told me, "Nutrisorb A is in stock and retailer needs to order to fill their shelves."

So I'll contact iHerb next to see what's up on their side.

OP
F

Franz

Dan Wich said:
Good news, Interplexus told me, "Nutrisorb A is in stock and retailer needs to order to fill their shelves."

So I'll contact iHerb next to see what's up on their side.

:)

4peatssake

gummybear said:
http://www.iherb.com/InterPlexus-Inc-NutriSorb-A-Liquid-Vitamin-A-0-6-fl-oz-17-ml/50977

It's back bitchez
:rolling geez you are cracking me up all over the board today gummybear!
And for this, I shall give you a point! :mrgreen:

OP
F

Franz

gummybear said:
http://www.iherb.com/InterPlexus-Inc-NutriSorb-A-Liquid-Vitamin-A-0-6-fl-oz-17-ml/50977

It's back bitchez

Ugh, and I just made my order at iherb. Maybe I'll just use some fish liver oil for vitamin A. I don't supplement with much vitamin A so I will only get a negligible amount of PUFA along with it.

koganmj

Does anyone know if it really has been discontinued this time? Hasn't been available anywhere for months.

sm1693

"In regards to your question about the NutriSorb A, we are currently out of stock. The product just finished up the manufacturing phase and we are in the process of getting it back in stock. You should be able to find it through your normal online retailers soon."

Got this today from Interplexus.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom