Has Anyone Successfully Reintroduced Starch After Having Major Problems With It? What About Major Bl

FredSonoma

Pretty much title says all. I crave starchy foods often but always regret it if I eat it (endotoxin / serotonin reaction). I also have major bloating in general. Has anyone successfully reintroduced starch after having major problems with it? Has anyone overcome major digestive / bloating / bacterial issues in general?

I imagine liver problems play strongly into this. What relation would something like Vitamin A have with this? What about pregnenolone or progesterone?

answersfound

If you crave them, eat them. The serotonin response may be psychosomatic because you anticipate a bad response. If you were under the impression that starch wasn't harmful, you probably wouldn't get a bad response.

DaveFoster

I can eat starch and not feel any ill effects until I get above a certain amount, (around a cup of rice or so). Bread triggers severe ADD symptoms, which I attribute to the gluten.

DaveFoster

I can eat starch and not feel any ill effects until I get above a certain amount, (around a cup of rice or so). Bread triggers severe ADD symptoms, which I attribute to the gluten.

Aspekt

It's good to cook it very well, serve hot with butter or coconut oil and chew thoroughly. Even going for a walk before dinner can help with getting the GI tract moving well. Following these steps and not having too much makes it tolerable for me, provided it isn't too often.

michael94

Rather than trying to shoehorn starch consumption into your diet you should go on instinct and treat the underlying problems foremost. You are not processing the starch well and are feeding bacteria creating endotoxin...fix that first. What foods do you eat that agree with you? It's also important not to force feed, Ray has mentioned this in the past about trying to eat to some perceived nutritional needs rather than hunger. If the liver is in a low energy state, the gut is not functioning properly and you are constantly introducing food while not being hungry...this is exacerbating problems despite the fact that eating the same way would improve well being for someone with good gut/liver function and high in thyroid hormones.

nikotrope

No starch and moderate/high starch have benefits and problems for me. A couple teaspoons of salt, 600mg+ of caffeine and enough calories reduce digestive problems though (but I would guess it's more because of an improved metabolism than these specific points).

Nikki

Try 1:1 H2O2 and consumable aloe juice dab on with finger a few times a week and leave it. Then try scraping with your nail or flat tooth scaler (but very gently if using metal, best to use a plastic or fingernail) to removecexistimg tartar and hooefully 3x wk application will keep it from coming back. Works on pets and worked on me.

Nikki

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals