Has anyone successfully lowered thyroid antibodies?

FitnessMike

What dose where you taking?
very low, but it caused increasing rt3 and subsequent accumulation high levels in the serum, my body though there is way too much and started attacking my thyroid innit

OP
R

rayban

very low, but it caused increasing rt3 and subsequent accumulation high levels in the serum, my body though there is way too much and started attacking my thyroid innit
Interesting, doctors never test rt3 cause they always assume its ok. In my last bloodwork (2019) was ok. i will test again. What about the low thyroglobulin?

OP
R

rayban

I am a male (now 40 years old). Three years ago found my anti-thyroglobulin slightly elevated, TSH was around 1.7. Started with Peating, but did not find any improvement, actually I started feeling worse. Just recently tested antibodies again and now also TPO is elevated and both have more then doubled since the first measurement. still trying things to get my health back, looking into the antibodies etc.

I think Peat's stance is that antibodies are a result of tissue damage. That its actually the clean up service of debri. I've also listened to an old podcast from Danny and Georgi about autoimmunity. They say the same and say it's actually a systemic problem; wasting disease with elevated cortisol and estrogen, which is caused by liver disease and gut problems.

other theories are that your thyroid is being attacked.

red light seems to help, I'm trying it now. red light is anti fibrotic. if it really helps it's more a proof of peats theory that it's tissue damage.
What red light product to use on your thyroid and for how long? im worried this can make things worse because I don't know this works (I don't know if this light can be harmful if you overdoit)

Also what do I do with milk? do I drink it or not? this guy just said milk has too much iodine nowadays and it can raise antibodies. Others say lactose and gluten. wtf do I eat then.

Sefton10

What red light product to use on your thyroid and for how long? im worried this can make things worse because I don't know this works (I don't know if this light can be harmful if you overdoit)

Also what do I do with milk? do I drink it or not? this guy just said milk has too much iodine nowadays and it can raise antibodies. Others say lactose and gluten. wtf do I eat then.
Most Hashimoto's protocols cut out dairy and gluten. Only way to know is experiment on yourself and measure levels. Ray told me once you get TSH under control antibodies should gradually come down over several months.

OP
R

rayban

Most Hashimoto's protocols cut out dairy and gluten. Only way to know is experiment on yourself and measure levels. Ray told me once you get TSH under control antibodies should gradually come down over several months.
But what is the half life of these antibodies? Without knowing this I cannot do the experiment. In my case I had high TPO and TGL and low thyroglobulin.

Also, what are you supposed to eat if you remove gluten or dairy? anything that is that is tasty either has gluten or dairy.

Also, whenever I have asked, I haven't found people lowering their antibodies doing this. Whenever someone noticed decrease of antibodies they mention various thinks, some may say it was the black cummin seed, others red light.. I don't know, seems pretty random.

Last edited:

tastyfood

I started at 1,600 when I was first diagnosed with Hashimoto's. Mine are 330 after 7 years since diagnosis. They keep going down, slowly, as other things improve. There are lots of comments in this forum about mitochondrial debris and how the antibodies are cleaning up the mess.

OP
R

rayban

I started at 1,600 when I was first diagnosed with Hashimoto's. Mine are 330 after 7 years since diagnosis. They keep going down, slowly, as other things improve. There are lots of comments in this forum about mitochondrial debris and how the antibodies are cleaning up the mess.

Are you done something different or it went down by itself?

Also, what are you supposed to eat if you remove gluten or dairy? anything that is that is tasty either has gluten or dairy.
I have noticed that my severe thyroid issues were calmed down with removing gluten...if you haven't tried this, it may be worth it. I put going gluten free off a long time because it is so hard to mentally agree to! But one does get used to it, just eat rice and potatoes instead of bread. I am actually making gluten-free "Pamela's brownies" right now. I do eat rye toast and that satisfies my morning need for toast.

Amazon product ASIN B0BL59G99NView: https://www.amazon.com/Mestemacher-Whole-Grain-Bread-Organic/dp/B0BL59G99N/ref=sr_1_5?crid=129KMN3TFBCAN&keywords=rye+bread&qid=1670869997&sprefix=rye%2Caps%2C164&sr=8-5

Amazon product ASIN B000DZKKK2View: https://www.amazon.com/Pamelas-Products-Chocolate-16-Ounce-Packages/dp/B000DZKKK2/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3L7CS9C983OUV&keywords=pamela%27s+brownies&qid=1670870023&sprefix=pamelas+brownies%2Caps%2C148&sr=8-1

I wake up at 1 pm
This certainly doesn't help thyroid issues, because it doesn't help your hormones in general. I think the circadian rhythm has a lot to do with thyroid health. I take it this is because of your job? If not, I would definitely work having a "normal" sleep/wake schedule. Lots of sunlight. I remember working shift work, that is the worst, hope you can fix this.