Has Anyone Here Successfully Resolved "SIBO" Or Major Stomach Bloating? With Peating Or Anything Els

Richiebogie

There's a post on free the animal at the moment that explains how food can seem to aide an instant reaction despite being caused by dysbiosis in the bowel.
SIBO Part 1: Real Condition or Myth?

Great link! Karl writes that whenever we eat, our intestines push everything along to make room for the new food.

He suggests the most likely source of bloating and gas is in the large intestine where pockets of fermented gases are disturbed by the contractions.

So if the problem isn't SIBO then killing bacteria may not be the solution...

I've never taken Accutane, but have heard of people requiring multiple courses of it to try to get acne under control.

I took two rounds of Accutane, it only worked while I was on it. As soon as I went off, the acne came right back. I didn't do more rounds because the side effects were HORRIFIC.

I believe my acne is related to imbalanced gut flora.

Just my 2 cents, but I had most of those tests done (and more) and nothing came back positive or even gave any ideas... I'm sorry now that I've subjected myself to them (esp. the barium one), as I feel that modern medicine has very little to offer in this way.

I feel EXACTLY the same way....doctors don't know sh*t about sh*t, literally. Nor do they care. You'll get slapped with a meaningless diagnosis (IBS) and sent home with prescription drugs to mask your symptoms.

If you complain for too long or too loudly (because your life is in ruins and you can't leave your house) then they'll start cutting into parts of your intestines. Exploring. Practicing medicine. Re-sectioning this and that.

Alter your diet if you must, for a season.....and take NO mercy on the microbes.:2cents:

docall18

Yes, i resolved my SIBO/bloated stomach.

Mine was caused by high cortisol (stress belly). My stomach would bloat up and down over the day as my cortisol fluctuated to stabilize blood sugar.
High cortisol screws up your gut bacteria.

Getting cortisol/blood glucose levels under control resolved it. I bought a BG meter to monitor my levels.

What lowered my blood glucose (& cortisol) level the most, by far, was taurine. Also, BCAA & tyrosine, niacinamide, coconut oil, magnesium, aspirin, caffeine etc helped.

Taking taurine caused hypoglycemia after having constant high blood glucose. I needed to have regular feeding to keep BG up and cortisol down.

OP
F

FredSonoma

Yes, i resolved my SIBO/bloated stomach.

Mine was caused by high cortisol (stress belly). My stomach would bloat up and down over the day as my cortisol fluctuated to stabilize blood sugar.
High cortisol screws up your gut bacteria.

Getting cortisol/blood glucose levels under control resolved it. I bought a BG meter to monitor my levels.

What lowered my blood glucose (& cortisol) level the most, by far, was taurine. Also, BCAA & tyrosine, niacinamide, coconut oil, magnesium, aspirin, caffeine etc helped.

Taking taurine caused hypoglycemia after having constant high blood glucose. I needed to have regular feeding to keep BG up and cortisol down.
How did you take the taurine? Supplement or from shrimp or something? I have been eating shrimp but at times I can't take anymore of it haha, not sure if it is because of the taurine or some mineral in it or something. Should I try supplementing taurine?

docall18

How did you take the taurine? Supplement or from shrimp or something? I have been eating shrimp but at times I can't take anymore of it haha, not sure if it is because of the taurine or some mineral in it or something. Should I try supplementing taurine?

I take red bull and taurine powder. It lowers insulin resistance which lowers cortisol.
Taurine Prevents Insulin Resistance Caused By PUFA

The high cortisol & bloating is possibly caused by PUFA release, as it gets worse when i try to increase my metabolism.

OP
F

FredSonoma

I take red bull and taurine powder. It lowers insulin resistance which lowers cortisol.
Taurine Prevents Insulin Resistance Caused By PUFA

The high cortisol & bloating is possibly caused by PUFA release, as it gets worse when i try to increase my metabolism.

Oh okay interesting. What makes you think it is PUFA release and not something else, such as bacteria die-off, iron, etc. anything else?

Any time the gut is irritated (via starch or fiber or iron etc. overfeeding microbes) there can be a release of stress hormones which affects the thyroid.

Depending on WHERE those microbes are located, for instance if they made up in to your small intestine where they do not belong, then even things like milk and OJ can over feed them.

If your gut is permeable and leaking, then you'll trigger a stress response in your immune system causing cortisol to fluctuate.

tomisonbottom

Empty stomach before meals and yes, it cured whatever was growing in my small intestine. It cured the profound gut bloat that would occur way up high in my stomach/small intestines immediately upon eating anything.

It did not fix my colon issue tho, seems like the garlic never made it all the way to my cecum in a powerful enough dose. I took high dose Nystatin for that as I knew by then that it was caused by yeast directly.

Do you know a good source to get nystatin?

Do you know a good source to get nystatin?

Hello tomisonbottom.....Not sure where you're located, but I bought my Nystatin from Fludan in Canada, it comes in a powder form that you can mix with water.

I noticed when I was in Mexico that it's sold in tablet form over the counter, so probably any reliable Mexican pharmacy would have it too.

If I recall correctly you have struggled with gut issues for quite some time, have you tried the turpentine?

tomisonbottom

Hello tomisonbottom.....Not sure where you're located, but I bought my Nystatin from Fludan in Canada, it comes in a powder form that you can mix with water.

I noticed when I was in Mexico that it's sold in tablet form over the counter, so probably any reliable Mexican pharmacy would have it too.

If I recall correctly you have struggled with gut issues for quite some time, have you tried the turpentine?

No, I haven't. Never heard peat talk about it..

Yeah, he doesn't say anything about Turpentine, it's definitely NOT Peat approved...but I don't think he's fond of Nystatin either.

beta pandemic

start drinking strong coffee 1 hour after waking on an empty stomach. im talking 20-25 grams per 400-500 ml water. so 5 grams of instant coffee per 100 ml. your bile is the most powerful intestinal detergent and coffee itself has antibacterial/antifungal so will help to get rid of any "overgrowth" on the toungue down to the stomach. coffee stimulates bile and its not like these other medication which doesnt actually improve any part of your physiology. anything lingering in you will most liely return after ceasing these medications.

i was exposed to mould for a full year (didnt know at the time) went to the doctor after and was put on 3 different antibiotics to try to cure my symptoms made everything worse but daily chronic consumption was #1 in me getting well again.

good luck.

Prawns

start drinking strong coffee 1 hour after waking on an empty stomach. im talking 20-25 grams per 400-500 ml water. so 5 grams of instant coffee per 100 ml.
Assuming 1g per level teaspoon and 30mg caffeine per gram of instant coffee, that's about 20 teaspoons of instant coffee with 600mg of caffeine on an empty stomach. Didn't you get adrenaline symptoms or headaches? Did you mix it with lots of sugar and milk?

I need 30g of sucrose with every 3tsp of instant coffee, otherwise the taste is too strong for me.

beta pandemic

Assuming 1g per level teaspoon and 30mg caffeine per gram of instant coffee, that's about 20 teaspoons of instant coffee with 600mg of caffeine on an empty stomach. Didn't you get adrenaline symptoms or headaches? Did you mix it with lots of sugar and milk?

I need 30g of sucrose with every 3tsp of instant coffee, otherwise the taste is too strong for me.

start out with 10 grams of instant coffee in 300-400 ml water if it is too strong for you. i started out at 10 and have increased up to 50 grams.. you will get used to it very quickly. the key is to keep going and do not stop. it will clean you out. i consume between 10-20 grams of instant coffee every day now without fail. mostly 20 grams.

i do not get any stress symptoms because i make sure i am in a caloric surplus every single day so drinking coffee on an empty stomach in the morning is a non
issue. if you were fasting for an entire day and then decided to drink coffee on an empty stomach the day after that is an entirely different issue. that being said, i have a main meal 1 hour after finishing the coffee with lots of steamed broccoli and rice with a little olive oil - maybe some steamed fish. steamed vegetables are great and binding to bile and any other toxins and excess fats that the coffee helps to purge. you really will feel great.

i no longer consume dairy of any kind. will update my other thread soon. dairy is highly overrated in this forum but if it works for you great. i honestly love the taste of milk but i have no emtional attatchment to food. i trust my own experience above all else.

SarahBeara

I've pretty much resolved my bloating but have some other troublesome symptoms I'm trying to rid myself of.

Just stuck with a strict fodmap diet did the trick.

docall18

Actually leave out the taurine. It can also cause high cortisol/blood sugar and bloating if not taken correctly.

Stick with niacinamide and coffee with meals. This alone completly fixed my bloating.

The bloating is from high blood sugar/cortisol. This slows up your digestion leaving food longer in the small intestine. Left too long and gut bacteria multiply causing bloating.

Rand56

Actually leave out the taurine. It can also cause high cortisol/blood sugar and bloating if not taken correctly.

Stick with niacinamide and coffee with meals. This alone completly fixed my bloating.

The bloating is from high blood sugar/cortisol. This slows up your digestion leaving food longer in the small intestine. Left too long and gut bacteria multiply causing bloating.

What do you consider the correct way to take taurine is?

Also, do you have any clues on why taurine gives me insomnia? I've read where some other people have the same issue with it. It has a build up effect with me. For instance, if I have a Rockstar drink 3 days in a row, that's when the insomnia kicks in. I know it's the taurine in it, because just taking the powder on it's own has the same effect.

docall18

What do you consider the correct way to take taurine is?

Also, do you have any clues on why taurine gives me insomnia? I've read where some other people have the same issue with it. It has a build up effect with me. For instance, if I have a Rockstar drink 3 days in a row, that's when the insomnia kicks in. I know it's the taurine in it, because just taking the powder on it's own has the same effect.
Not sure really. But I think you really need to take loads of sugar with it.
I get bad insomnia from it also. It really seems to lower serotonin and cortisol with it. Maybe this results in too high dopamine and insomnia ala amphetamine.

I suppose that is why it's in energy drinks. Maybe a smaller dose in d morning might be enough..

Last edited:

Ideonaut

Turpentine is not too harsh
Turpentine! That reminds me of a joke: Two old guys in a country tavern: (Slowly) My mule's been sick. Tried all kinds of things; don't know what else to do. (Slowly) Yep. . . well, when mine was sick and I gave it a quart of turpentine. Yep. (A week later, same tavern.) Well, I fed my mule a quart of turpentine like you done, and it killed him deader n hell. . . . Yep, killed mine deader n hell too.
I guess the moral is to be careful taking medical advice.

Rand56

Mangosteen "capsules" help with my bloating. Not the juice, because I remember one of Haidut's post saying the juice can be more serotogenic with a higher tryptophan content. Could be the combination of it being an anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antifungal, and effective aromatase inhibitor, that helps with my bloating.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals