Vitamin K And Thick Blood?

bromuda

My father just had a standard health check were the nurse said that he had abnormally "thick" blood. He's been supplementing with about 3mg of thornes vitamin K2 a day because of the list of benefits it gives. The nurse said that with blood that thick the risk for cardiovascular complications increases. What are your thoughts should he be worried? His asthma and other health issues seem to have been improving while supplementing with K2.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
My father just had a standard health check were the nurse said that he had abnormally "thick" blood. He's been supplementing with about 3mg of thornes vitamin K2 a day because of the list of benefits it gives. The nurse said that with blood that thick the risk for cardiovascular complications increases. What are your thoughts should he be worried? His asthma and other health issues seem to have been improving while supplementing with K2.
Do you know if the nurse was basing the comment about his blood being thick on actual coagulation blood test results or simply the appearance from drawing his blood? Is he taking prescription blood thinners?

Frankdee20

Do you know if the nurse was basing the comment about his blood being thick on actual coagulation blood test results or simply the appearance from drawing his blood? Is he taking prescription blood thinners?

That’s a good question to start off with first

Frankdee20

K1 will do this more so than K2. Regardless, he can take some Vitamin E, and Aspirin to counter it

Blossom

Forum Supporter
K1 will do this more so than K2. Regardless, he can take some Vitamin E, and Aspirin to counter it
Yeah, I was just curious because it's typical for medical workers to advise people on rx blood thinners to avoid vitamin K. I've never noticed a difference in thickness anytime I've drawn blood so I wondered if the comment was prompted by abnormal labs.

OP
B

bromuda

Yeah, I was just curious because it's typical for medical workers to advise people on rx blood thinners to avoid vitamin K. I've never noticed a difference in thickness anytime I've drawn blood so I wondered if the comment was prompted by abnormal labs.
I guess it was from just drawing his blood, they just checked his blood status meaning hemglobin which was good. And yes he is on medication for high blood pressure. Don't know if those are blood thinning though.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I guess it was from just drawing his blood, they just checked his blood status meaning hemglobin which was good. And yes he is on medication for high blood pressure. Don't know if those are blood thinning though.
High blood pressure medicine doesn’t contain anticoagulants (blood thinners). A common simplistic way of thinking about the ‘thick blood’ concept in relation to high blood pressure is that it’s harder to circulate a viscous substance compared to a thin one. I’m not saying your dad has thickened blood just speculating that could be why the nurse made the comment.
If your dad feels better taking k2 and is concerned about the thickness of his blood he could ask the doctor to draw labs or ask for clarification on the nurses comment.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals