Waking Up In The Night

nad

What do you mean by this? You haven't slept in three months?
I have sleep issue more then 10 years, last 2 years trying everything from this site. actually getting worse since "Peating", like, BTW, a lot of others, when starting to force things and expecting to have a miracle because "panacea" is found.
A lot of folks here also starting get insomnia.
We are not the same. Still looking, searching, etc. what will help me.
If I have night when I wake up every 1-1,5 hours and go back to sleep soon - that a good night, I say:"I slept tonight!"
It 's happening once every 5-10 days. Still don't know why.
Unfortunately bed didn't change it. Thank you

OP
J

Jing

I think I mention this on every sleep related thread now, but...... check out the Inclined Bed Therapy thread. I have seen great improvements in sleep and energy since starting this four months ago.
I've been wanting to sleep Inclined but I sleep on a sofa bed and I can't really seem to make it inclined

OP
J

Jing

As far as I understand, if adrenaline rises in the night, it will cause the need to urinate.

I would do some thinking about the liver.

If I get cold through the night, this will happen to me, especially if the lower back is exposed and chilling the kidneys.
What can be done about the liver?

Herbie

Its common for people to recommend protein and b vitamins for liver but I don't know if its the liver or what your history or current lifestyle is. its been said that when the liver runs low on glycogen that this will cause an adrenline reaction, which can wake a person up and need to urinate.

Also Ive experienced this when having too much liquids at any time of the day and had to modify my lifestyle to have less liquids, mainly milk and oj being the partners in this ghastly crime of waking me up at night and making me urinate more then I would prefer.

I am suspicious of tryptophan and methionine but I have no further thoughts at this time.

tankasnowgod

I've been wanting to sleep Inclined but I sleep on a sofa bed and I can't really seem to make it inclined

How about sleeping with your feet towards the couch cushions, and then getting some lumber or blocks to put under the legs of the bed?

shepherdgirl

what works for me: eating enough during the day, and before bed having a gram of taurine and a shake made with casein, salt, preferably a little fat, and lots of sugar or fructose (the casein and taurine are per natedawggh's posts). i put in frozen fruit and juice, or milk, froz banana and cocoa powder (yeah, i know, bananas are high in serotonin). My guess is that i gave myself liver metabolic issues(i.e. a bit of fatty liver) when i ate very low carb, and now my liver can't store enough glycogen to get me through the night. the casein and taurine (and enough but not too much zinc and b6) really help as long as i eat enough throughout the day. but for the long term i am trying to fix my liver.

D

danishispsychic

Magnesium spray works for me. ( use a LOT of it ) Epsom salt baths mixed with Sea Salt work. One sugar cube dipped in some salt works for me.

Either a liver glycogen refill, you can try raw honey and a banana to limit water intake

Or fatty protein for dinner. Keeps you full through the night. Couple that with dark chocolate (magnesium plus zinc in red meat)

YourUniverse

eat dopamine-promoting foods around bed, along with easily digested starch, like peeled, well-boiled potatoes (it appears you do this already), some fat (you do this too), some salt, some fructose, some lactose, and lots of alkalizing minerals (especially calcium).

1% milk, 1-2oz of OJ, and peeled potatoes w/ coconut oil and salt... makes for a sleepful night.

Can add some PUFA-blockers, which may help if liberating your stores is causing you to wake. Vitamin E and aspirin can do this.

Good chocolate can really knock me out - potent dopamine promoter

fradon

Everynight I wake up a few times and find it hard to get back to sleep, I try to eat more but it doesn't help, at night time I crave orange juice which may help if I could drink lots but then I will keep needing a wee In the night I already wake up once or twice everynight needing to pee even though I don't drink anything for a few hours before bed .. how can I drink orange juice before bed but not need to pee in the night?

you need fiber

eat several oranges instead of just the juice. you can also try apples which are high in fiber and pectin.

what time of night do you wake up...check out the chart

Waking up at the same time each night? The Chinese medicine "body clock" explains why.

GreekDemiGod

This is happening to me too, since Peating, and my sleep quality is affected.
I very rarely used to wake up in the middle of the night. Might be some blood sugar regulations going on?
I'm eating 3500 calories / day, so that's surely enough.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals