Fat+starch at night

清貴杉山

for a week or so iv been doing a diff macro split through the day,i think i read it here,about eating most of the proteins and fats in the morning and midd day and the rest of the day carb dense meals with just a bit of protein and fats(enough to mitigate a insulin spike i would say)and everynight iv been having either,baked potatos in coconut oil.corn masa arepas cooked in butter or coconut oil or washed organic white rice with a teaspoon of coconut oil,and everytime i touch the bed i fall in the deepest sleep ever,and wake up refreshed,even 30 minutes before the alarm,really doing the low starch kinda low fat peat stuff wrecked my sleep to be completely honest,waking up to pee and what not.
someone had a simmilar experience with starch+fats night meals?

PaRa

i found that if the protein to energy ratio is too protein oriented sleep suffer
there is the fact that high protein will raise dopamine maybe too much to sleep
tho low protein doesnt satiate at all for me

i sleep way better with lets say 1 prot 2 carb and a little (20-25g) fat than with 1:1 prot:carb low fat

worst for me is low-no carb meal at night (ala ketogenic)
will wake up with high cortisol and diabetic fasted glucose (110 at least)
the more carb before sleep the lower my fasted blood glucose

清貴杉山

i found that if the protein to energy ratio is too protein oriented sleep suffer

i sleep way better with lets say 1 prot 2 carb and a little (20-25g) fat than with 1:1 prot:carb low fat

same,last night for example i have 350 grams of potatos baked with 6g of coconut oil as a side of 150g of chicken breast with just 1oz of fresh cheese melted on top,i slept so damn deep

GreekDemiGod

Same experience with starch improving sleep.
@MarianoBecchi Are you from Europe by any chance? I have a theory that continental Europeans need some starch in their diet to function optimally.

清貴杉山

@MarianoBecchi Are you from Europe by any chance? I have a theory that continental Europeans need some starch in their diet to function optimally.
Im from argentina,but my ancestry is 100%italian from mom and dad so,but yes,i tried hard to go starch free but after a week and a half start to feel like crap

Rish

I had potatoes and shrimp together randomly the other night and got my highest sleep score. I'm now wondering if I can replicate this.

Sefton10

21260A40-4796-44A8-AABD-529BB33479BF.jpeg

jet9

I constantly have some experience, if my last meal of the day is high fat (even if carbs are ok) my sleep is poor and I likely to have insomnia.

LeeLemonoil

Try a good quality bread with some liverwurst, butter, cheese and pickles or for dinner. Glas of beer or wine or juice. Sleep well.

You can also try the carrot salad with it.