Need Some Desperate Help On My Sleeping Issues

Steve123

What eating tips at night do you have guyS? I do have eczema which really disrupts my sleep more than anything but sometimes I just can't sleep, last night for example and other nights, I'll go to sleep about 11pm wake up 1 hour later, awake for a while, maybe back to sleep around 4-6am.. and if I am sleeping in the night it will be no more than two hours at a time.. in the end I end up doing my sleeping from 9Am - 1am, on and off again.. I find I sometimes get horrible palpitations at night that can go on for hours! (Like last night).

I think I've heard Ray say to have something sugary right before bed and then have something sugary ready for when you wake up, I think it has helped in the past when I've been awake for hours and then got up and drowned myself in oj. But I know cyproheptadine and likewise drugs would help but wondering what the choices are with eating, any tips of what to eat exactly.. what time before sleeping etc?

mujuro

Forum Supporter
I regularly got palpitations until I started getting in 1-2L of milk and 1-2L of OJ, daily. I try every day to shoot for 2L each. I think the calcium, potassium and sugar just helped everything. I never get palpitations anymore, except maybe during intense lifting. Glycine never helped for sleep, until I started getting the milk and OJ. Now, glycine gives me very deep sleep.

Stilgar

Feel for you. I have had severe insomnia and sleep issues and it sucks. They resolve completely if I only have potato juice at night time.

The gut can keep you awake just as much as low blood sugar.

kayumochi

Years back I had severe insomnia that impacted my physical and mental well being. I don't have those issues anymore. Yes, food and substances can help, but in my experience, they are simply icing on the cake. For me, the "cake" was the realization that I couldn't continue to be the way I was all day long and then expect at bedtime to relax and get a good night's sleep - I had to be the person all day long who could easily relax at night and get a good night's sleep. Does that make sense? I don't know how that would look for you, but you do. Be that person. Take those actions.

raypeatclips

As cliche as it sounds things like tv and mobiles really affect my sleep. I can't sleep until I haven't been exposed to one for about an hour. If I don't eat something before bed I wake up hungry, I usually have something starchy such as a bowl of additive free cereal. Sometimes this isn't enough I need some fat as well such as ice cream but usually the bowl of cereal is enough. Eating enough during the day is vital as well, as well as making sure you're not low in protein. Finally exercise during the day really helps my sleep, doing a work out or going for a long walk.
All this sorted my sleeping issues.

Hazarlar

How much vitamin D do you get? I had terrible insomnia in november (2017) that started to correct with supplementing D. Also it was very good practice to not turn on your computer at all, after daytime work and find other activities like reading, listening to radio and light bodywork. Zinc seems to be very calming in my case.

moriwatzi

Try 3mg melatonin at 9pm, 3 grams glycine, 25mg B6 P5P, 500mg niacinamide, 1 gram Inosine.

Would be surprised if that doesnt work.

Donnea

Have you tried benadryl? It's a go-to for me when I have had a sleepless night. I take it an hour and a half before going to bad with a serving of ice cream.
I would try benadryl first, before trying melatonin

Gametime

Years back I had severe insomnia that impacted my physical and mental well being. I don't have those issues anymore. Yes, food and substances can help, but in my experience, they are simply icing on the cake. For me, the "cake" was the realization that I couldn't continue to be the way I was all day long and then expect at bedtime to relax and get a good night's sleep - I had to be the person all day long who could easily relax at night and get a good night's sleep. Does that make sense? I don't know how that would look for you, but you do. Be that person. Take those actions.
Yenn

raypeatclips

He wrote about it in his newsletter last year or two years ago. Mentioned here 11-keto DHT (11-keto Androstanolone) - Ketosteroid For Lab/research Use

Thanks for the link, there was only a passing comment from Dante that he had mentioned it, amongst a thread unrelated to melatonin, and haidut didn't even acknowledge the melatonin comment. Also Dante says Peat mentioned melatonin positively in relation to "insecticide induced parkinson's" which is a very specific and serious condition, that many people are unlikely to have. I don't believe this gives it Peat's stamp of approval for general use, after years of explaining its drawbacks.

I feel like you're seriously struggling to provide evidence here, several posts into our melatonin discussion.

Can you provide a human study that shows toxicity in doses under 5 mg?

Don't quote a sentence of mine chopping off the start and end of it to make it look like I said something I didn't. I never said under 1mg was safe, I said when I searched the forum, after you suggested I search the forum to find the evidence, I could only find people say that under 1mg was safe, which was much less than you recommended.

Last edited:

ddjd

link? I am struggling to find where Peat has said anything like this. I have seen some people mention 1mg and under to be safe which is still 3 times or more than what you recommended.
I think I read something recently where peat said melatonin can oppose Serotonin

raypeatclips

All quotes from here Aging Eyes, Infant Eyes, and Excitable Tissues

"The popular supplements melatonin,...all increase the risk of retinal light damage and macular degeneration."

"In 1994 A.V. Sirotkin found that melatonin inhibits progesterone production but stimulates estrogen production, and it’s widely recognized that melatonin generally inhibits the thyroid hormones,"

"There is a lot of talk about melatonin’s function as an antioxidant, but, like so many other “antioxidants,” melatonin can act as a pro-oxidant at physiologically relevant concentrations; some studies have found that it, like estrogen, increases the activity of the pro-oxidative free radical nitric oxide (which acts like melatonin on pigment cells, causing them to lighten)."

"Almost any kind of stress increases the formation of melatonin."

"Melatonin increases the concentration of free fatty acids during the night "

"Melatonin lowers body temperature, causes vasoconstriction in the brain, heart, and other organs, and slows reactions. An antagonist to melatonin acts as an antidepressant, reducing “behavioral despair” resulting from stress. (Dubocovich, et al., 1990.) So, in the behavioral sense, melatonin reduces sensitivity, yet it increases the eyes’ sensitivity to light, causing them to be injured by light that would otherwise be harmless."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals