Waking Early After Taking Thyroid (NDT)

koreus

I recently purchased haidut's Tyromax (Natural Desiccated Thyroid) and I have noticed that I now wake up at 5am every morning after going to bed at midnight feeling hungry and anxious. I usually have some orange juice and go back to sleep within 15 minutes but I wake up feeling exhausted. I take one grain in the morning and one grain in the late afternoon (3 - 4pm).

Before starting Tyromax I slept through the night and woke up feeling rested. I only experienced Thyroid symptoms during the day. After taking Tyromax my temps during the day are improved but my sleep is worse.

I have Hashimoto's with high elevated antibodies. Strangely my TSH is only 2.7 but it is trending up from 1.2 a few months ago. I only started Tyromax this week.

Without Tyromax my afternoon temp is fairly consistent at 97 with Tyromax my afternoon temp is 97.5 - 98

Anyone have any ideas what is causing the sleep disturbance?

sweetpeat

I think you are moving too fast by starting out with 2 grains. It's usually advised to go much slower, perhaps starting with one half grain (or even one quarter) once a day. Monitor signs and symptoms (temp, pulse, energy, sleep, etc) for a couple weeks before adjusting dose.

koreus

Thanks for the tip. So the effects of NDT come on slowly over time? My temps are still pretty low.

sweetpeat

Thanks for the tip. So the effects of NDT come on slowly over time? My temps are still pretty low.
Yes, that's a good way to put it. Obviously you're feeling some immediate effects too. But it takes a couple of weeks for the body to fully adapt to the hormones and achieve a new homeostasis.
It's easy to overshoot your optimum dose if you start too high and/or go too fast.

koky

I've gone through 7 bottles of tyromax and am quite satisfied with the results.
The problem i have is that each bottle has only lasted 60 days, not 90 days as stated on label.
This is dosing 7 drops per day.
After shaking, as advised on the label, a good amount is left in the cap, which then drips down around the bottle - losing much product.
Is anyone else experiencing this?

koreus

I've gone through 7 bottles of tyromax and am quite satisfied with the results.
The problem i have is that each bottle has only lasted 60 days, not 90 days as stated on label.
This is dosing 7 drops per day.
After shaking, as advised on the label, a good amount is left in the cap, which then drips down around the bottle - losing much product.
Is anyone else experiencing this?
Yes, I also found the same, the cap gets dirty with the liquid in the bottle. I think the drops that come out are a little larger than other products from IdeaLabs which may account for the incorrect labelling.

@sweetpeat I have now given it some time and the NDT is working, thanks for the encouragement to keep at it. My temps are now consistently around 37 degrees celsius.

sweetpeat

@sweetpeat I have now given it some time and the NDT is working, thanks for the encouragement to keep at it. My temps are now consistently around 37 degrees celsius.
That's great news! Glad to hear this is working for you.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
koreus Waking up early with painful morning wood Insomnia, Sleep Issues 17
C Waking Up Early Miscellaneous 11
C Help With Early Waking Insomnia, Sleep Issues 24
Johhny Tazzle Waking up with chest pain, middle of night. Insomnia, Sleep Issues 0
M Low carb high fat (pre T3) VS high carb low fat (taking 3 drops of tyronene upon waking) Logs 7
Julian Waking Up With 'sleeping' Hands (numb And Tingling) Insomnia, Sleep Issues 15
A Fixed My Daytime Temps; Still Waking Up With 36 Celsius Though Metabolism 5
N Low Cortisol At Night Causing Drop In Sugar -- Waking Up Frequently Blood Sugar 12
C Insomnia / Waking Up From Hypoglycemia? Insomnia, Sleep Issues 21
C 97.33F Upon Waking / Fasted Heart, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure 0
N REM Sleeping Waking Me Up Mind, Sleep, Stress 12
ecstatichamster Who's Right On Waking And Daytime Temps - Dr. Peat Or Broda Barnes? Thyroid and Hormones 3
K Please Help! Keep Waking Up After 6 Hours Of Sleep - Poor Glucose Metabolism-related Insomnia? Insomnia, Sleep Issues 13
Razvan How To Het Higher Waking Temperature? Ask For Help or Advice 3
N Waking Up Every 2 Or So Hours- Super Frustrating! Mind, Sleep, Stress 21
C Constantly Hungry, Waking Up Every 2 Hours. Help! Ask For Help or Advice 23
vulture Waking Temps Vs Waking Enviroment Temp/clothing Insomnia, Sleep Issues 1
S How To Mitigate Muscle/joint Stiffness Upon Waking Insomnia, Sleep Issues 24
J Waking Up Insomnia, Sleep Issues 8
Hugh Johnson Waking Up And Growing Up Meditation, Mindfullness, Religion, Spirituality 0
J Waking Up In The Night Insomnia, Sleep Issues 41
S Help Raise Waking Temp-(Stuck At 97.1 For 3 Years) Metabolism 12
vulture Waking Temp Vs Slept Hours Mind, Sleep, Stress 8
biggirlkisss Waking Up When Sleeping Adrenaline But Why Ask For Help or Advice 5
tankasnowgod Sleeping Inclined Has Improved My Waking Temperature, Reduced My Need For Thyroid Testimonials 36
D What Does It Mean When Temp Is Bad Upon Waking But Normal For The Rest Of The Day? Metabolism 3
ecstatichamster Waking At 3 Each Morning Insomnia, Sleep Issues 157
J What You Need To Know About Climate Change - Waking Up Podcast Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 8
A. squamosa Waking Up Multiple Times During The Night Insomnia, Sleep Issues 28
Tourist Waking Up At 3,4 Am With Loud Heart Beats Heart, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure 6
S Why Is My Waking Temp & Pulse Still Low? Metabolism 6
Tourist Waking Up Too Hot Then Chills Later Insomnia, Sleep Issues 29
M Thyroid Supplement + Antibiotic = Waking Up With Night Sweats/Hunger Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 8
B Waking Up In The Middle Of The Night Since Peating Ask For Help or Advice 70
G Joint Injuries, Low Waking Temps, Hair Loss Metabolism 40
I Stuffy Nose When Waking Up Ask For Help or Advice 15
Y Is Your Waking Temps Also Suppose To Be 98.6 Ask For Help or Advice 4
L Waking With Muscle Pain, Constant Cold Hands, Brain Fog, Lack Of Motivation, Cyprohept. And Thyroid Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 18
E What Is The Ideal Waking Temperature? Monitoring Vitals 49
thegiantess Help Me Understand Waking Temps Ask For Help or Advice 13
Parsifal Waking up with very shiny/wet eyes Ask For Help or Advice 2
Y Waking Temps Are 35.4C (95.5F) - Is This Serious? Metabolism 14
B Waking up tired and sore Ask For Help or Advice 8
B Started waking up every night feeling cold Insomnia, Sleep Issues 11
Shesjay Waking Up At Night, PCOS, Acanthosis Nigricans Blood Sugar 72
chris Waking up in the night Digestion 12
S High morning cortisol waking me up exhausted and anxious Mental Issues 27
Jam Mortality From Coronavirus Disease 2019 Increases With Unsaturated Fat and May Be Reduced by Early Calcium and Albumin Supplementation Miscellaneous Health Discussions 3
Mito Early decline of androgen levels in healthy adult men: an effect of aging per se? Scientific Studies 1
md_a Early Trauma Influences Metabolism Across Generations Scientific Studies 6