Waking Early After Taking Thyroid (NDT)

koreus

I recently purchased haidut's Tyromax (Natural Desiccated Thyroid) and I have noticed that I now wake up at 5am every morning after going to bed at midnight feeling hungry and anxious. I usually have some orange juice and go back to sleep within 15 minutes but I wake up feeling exhausted. I take one grain in the morning and one grain in the late afternoon (3 - 4pm).

Before starting Tyromax I slept through the night and woke up feeling rested. I only experienced Thyroid symptoms during the day. After taking Tyromax my temps during the day are improved but my sleep is worse.

I have Hashimoto's with high elevated antibodies. Strangely my TSH is only 2.7 but it is trending up from 1.2 a few months ago. I only started Tyromax this week.

Without Tyromax my afternoon temp is fairly consistent at 97 with Tyromax my afternoon temp is 97.5 - 98

Anyone have any ideas what is causing the sleep disturbance?

sweetpeat

I think you are moving too fast by starting out with 2 grains. It's usually advised to go much slower, perhaps starting with one half grain (or even one quarter) once a day. Monitor signs and symptoms (temp, pulse, energy, sleep, etc) for a couple weeks before adjusting dose.

OP
koreus

koreus

Thanks for the tip. So the effects of NDT come on slowly over time? My temps are still pretty low.

sweetpeat

Thanks for the tip. So the effects of NDT come on slowly over time? My temps are still pretty low.
Yes, that's a good way to put it. Obviously you're feeling some immediate effects too. But it takes a couple of weeks for the body to fully adapt to the hormones and achieve a new homeostasis.
It's easy to overshoot your optimum dose if you start too high and/or go too fast.

koky

I've gone through 7 bottles of tyromax and am quite satisfied with the results.
The problem i have is that each bottle has only lasted 60 days, not 90 days as stated on label.
This is dosing 7 drops per day.
After shaking, as advised on the label, a good amount is left in the cap, which then drips down around the bottle - losing much product.
Is anyone else experiencing this?

OP
koreus

koreus

I've gone through 7 bottles of tyromax and am quite satisfied with the results.
The problem i have is that each bottle has only lasted 60 days, not 90 days as stated on label.
This is dosing 7 drops per day.
After shaking, as advised on the label, a good amount is left in the cap, which then drips down around the bottle - losing much product.
Is anyone else experiencing this?
Yes, I also found the same, the cap gets dirty with the liquid in the bottle. I think the drops that come out are a little larger than other products from IdeaLabs which may account for the incorrect labelling.

@sweetpeat I have now given it some time and the NDT is working, thanks for the encouragement to keep at it. My temps are now consistently around 37 degrees celsius.

sweetpeat

@sweetpeat I have now given it some time and the NDT is working, thanks for the encouragement to keep at it. My temps are now consistently around 37 degrees celsius.
That's great news! Glad to hear this is working for you.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals