Need Some Desperate Help On My Sleeping Issues

raypeatclips

Oh yeah he totally ignored it :D: "If melatonin is low for whatever reason, I can see how adding some exogenously helps the condition."

I missed that comment, my bad. Am I right in thinking you have zero evidence for melatonin other than a comment and reply involving haidut, related to insecticide induced parkinsons?

Mito

@raypeatclips @moriwatzi
The dose of melatonin Ray referenced in a recent newsletter was in reference to treating Parkinson’s with a very low dose in rats but I’m not sure what the human equivalent dose would be.

From Ray Peat’s March 2017 Newsletter on Parkinson’s:
“Toxins, such as the insecticide rotenone, that are suspected to be among the causes of Parkinson's disease, produce effects in animals that resemble the human disease, and these animals are used to test chemicals that might be protective or therapeutic for people. For example, caffeine, aspirin, and melatonin protect the substantial nigra against rotenone (Soliman, et al., 2016; Madathil, et al., 2013;Carriere, et al., 2016). When endotoxin is oxide, and prostaglandins have been used experimentally to produce experimental Parkinson's, the protective substances are similarly effective.”

Here is the reference: Brain Res. 2016 Feb 15;1633:115-25. Chronic low-dose melatonin treatment maintains nigros- triatal integrity in an intrastriatal rotenone model of Parkinson's disease. Carriere CH, Kang NH, Niles LP.
Chronic low-dose melatonin treatment maintains nigrostriatal integrity in an intrastriatal rotenone model of Parkinson's disease. - PubMed - NCBI
Sham or lesioned rats were treated with either vehicle (0.04% ethanol in drinking water) or melatonin at a dose of 4 µg/mL in drinking water.

raypeatclips

@raypeatclips @moriwatzi
The dose of melatonin Ray referenced in a recent newsletter was in reference to treating Parkinson’s with a very low dose in rats but I’m not sure what the human equivalent dose would be.

From Ray Peat’s March 2017 Newsletter on Parkinson’s:
“Toxins, such as the insecticide rotenone, that are suspected to be among the causes of Parkinson's disease, produce effects in animals that resemble the human disease, and these animals are used to test chemicals that might be protective or therapeutic for people. For example, caffeine, aspirin, and melatonin protect the substantial nigra against rotenone (Soliman, et al., 2016; Madathil, et al., 2013;Carriere, et al., 2016). When endotoxin is oxide, and prostaglandins have been used experimentally to produce experimental Parkinson's, the protective substances are similarly effective.”

Here is the reference: Brain Res. 2016 Feb 15;1633:115-25. Chronic low-dose melatonin treatment maintains nigros- triatal integrity in an intrastriatal rotenone model of Parkinson's disease. Carriere CH, Kang NH, Niles LP.
Chronic low-dose melatonin treatment maintains nigrostriatal integrity in an intrastriatal rotenone model of Parkinson's disease. - PubMed - NCBI
Sham or lesioned rats were treated with either vehicle (0.04% ethanol in drinking water) or melatonin at a dose of 4 µg/mL in drinking water.

Thank you for posting this! It is a very specific condition, and I noticed he mentioned caffeine and aspirin, I am sure he would recommend those over melatonin, due to the vast number of negative effects that come alongside melatonin, as he has described over the years. I don't think brain sluggishness, reduced thyroid hormones and shrunken sex organs is a good trade for improved sleep, if someone wants to use melatonin. If anyone disagrees and wants to use it, go ahead. :ss

D

danishispsychic

Tart Cherry Juice concentrate ( Organic ) works for me. :) try a shot glass before bed.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals