Weird sleeping pattern - How do I fix?

answersfound

My sleeping pattern typically looks like this: I wake up at about 11 AM, but am very sluggish until about 4 PM. I am extremely unproductive during these hours too. Then I take a nap at 4 PM for two hours, wake up and feel pretty good at about 6:30 PM. Then I stay up until about 3:30 AM. It seems like I have all my energy at night and I can't seem to figure out why.

natedawggh

I had a very similar pattern of sleep issues over the last four-five years. It was impossible for me to ever get a good nights rest but easy to take a nap in the daytime. All the doctors I went to said I just needed to practice good sleep hygiene, and I wanted to smack them.

Sleeping well requires the body to be healthy. People often think of sleep as just a state of not being awake, but its actually very high energy state requiring a highly metabolically active body, that is why people can't sleep when they run metabolically low. It's easy to take a nap in the daytime because stress hormones are lower, and even indirect sunlight helps energize your cells, but it's not available at night.

I have finally gotten my sleep to return to nearly normal patters. I can fall asleep around 11 or 12 at night and sleep until 8 or 9, and will only wake up every other night or less, where before I would never sleep before 3 am and often was awake until 7 or 8 in the morning even.

I accomplished this by adopting a peat friendly diet of dairy, sugar, coffee, good meats, fruit, and avoiding the allergenic grains and bad fats, and also avoiding stressful activities. Fruit is probably the most important aspect of this, but it is also important to get enough protein.

Niacinamide is indispensable for restoring sleep. I use 1500 mg in the morning and again in the evening and if I don't take it my insomnia returns right away.

I also discovered Wifi and mobile signals were causing my SEVERE insomnia, after being on a peat diet for a year without any progress, I disabled the signal producing techs and for the first time in years fell asleep at 10 and slept the entire night. This is not an option if you have sleep problems. You must eliminate all sources of radiation for at least 2-3 hours before bed, giving your body time to undo the deleterious effects (specially rouleaux). Even now if I am exposed to a cell phone (my partner sometimes sneaks it into the bedroom and leaves it on) I might fall asleep for 30 minutes but will wake up feeling agitated and frustrated, and not be able to return to bed for two hours or so.

Other strategies for increasing body temperature and pulse rate in a healthy way can restore metabolism so that sleep will return to normal. Thyroid, aspirin, Natural Vitamin E, B vitamins, K2, etc. can all help increase and restore metabolism, and thus sleep.