Threw Up Last Night- Had The Best Sleep Ever? What's The Reason?

Sagitarrius90

Hello All,

last night I ate something that was old- old chocolate eggs (I knew this after the fact when I started to feel uneasy) and I threw up quite a bit. I ended up having the best sleep though which Is rare considering I've used countless supplements, followed every thread on this page and every other website.

What gives? Any reason why me throwing up made me have a great sleep? the ONLY thing I can think of is that my potassium levels are on the high end and from what I've researched this morning is that vomiting lowers potassium

6 hours of uninterrupted sleep for me is heavenly considering I wake up every 2-3 hours - I've switched to a carb heavy diet as well thinking my liver glycogen is low and even that doesn't help.

any theories will be greatly appreciated

Attakai

If you didn't eat anything else before going to bed that could be the reason.
Digesting food can be a huge sleep disturber for some.

Tarmander

The gag reflex can reset your vagus nerve somewhat

I actually remember a weird spiritual guy saying you should lightly gag yourself with your toothbrush every morning to keep your vagus nerve in good shape

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

Man that's crazy @taramander I recall that as well - this sounds crazy but I want to try that tonight and see if it works lol and attaki I will try that as well to eat everything 3-4 hours before bed. I read the circadian rhythm book and in it they even say (the author) that TRE (time restricted eating) plays a huge roll in sleep and it should be a window of 8-16 hours from when you wake and finish eating - 3-4 hours before bed should help achieve deeper sleep.

This forum though contradicts a lot of stuff I've read not only in that book but other articles/blogs because it's encouraged to eat at night to ensure sufficient liver glycogen/increasing metabolism/blood sugar etc.

Will try this tonight - not throwing up though lol that sucked!

LUH 3417

I had a similar experience after vomiting once. No idea why. Perhaps it’s time to trade insomnia for bulimia.

Mastemah

Yeah its vagus nerve stim. You can just gargle vigorously for a similar effect.

SOMO

It could just be that vomiting tends to exhaust a person.

mrchibbs

Hello All,

last night I ate something that was old- old chocolate eggs (I knew this after the fact when I started to feel uneasy) and I threw up quite a bit. I ended up having the best sleep though which Is rare considering I've used countless supplements, followed every thread on this page and every other website.

What gives? Any reason why me throwing up made me have a great sleep? the ONLY thing I can think of is that my potassium levels are on the high end and from what I've researched this morning is that vomiting lowers potassium

6 hours of uninterrupted sleep for me is heavenly considering I wake up every 2-3 hours - I've switched to a carb heavy diet as well thinking my liver glycogen is low and even that doesn't help.

any theories will be greatly appreciated

I'm pretty sure it's a combination of what all the commenters have said. You probably exhausted yourself, and the vagus nerve thing feels like something right intuitively. Throwing up is a pretty intense activity, and the stimulation probably helped increase your inhibition.

However, digesting food can be a big stressor, Ray has mentioned several times how the fall in blood sugar during the night makes us susceptible to any irritation in our digestive tract, which leads to increase in adrenaline and stress hormones right during the most important sleep hours. Any type of agitation during sleep stems from the intestine, which is why historically people don't eat heavy foods right before bed, aside from a little warm milk.

Children with very active lives, typically have fully digested all of their food before bed, and since their liver works so well, their glycogen stores are more than capable of keeping a steady level of blood sugar through the night.

I think you may have experienced a similar situation.

lampofred

Maybe empty stomach led to lower endotoxin? Endotoxin is excitatory.

michael94

makes sense. Especially if one doesn't have consistent stomach emptying ( gastroparesis ), which unfortunately is more common to a mild degree than gastroenterologists will tell you. Their worldview is that you either have 1) a severe case worthy of being called a condition or 2) No problems whatsoever and everything is perfect ))

Peatful

With this- when I throw up I sense it’s a serotonin dump.

Vinny

dabdabdab

Man that's crazy @taramander I recall that as well - this sounds crazy but I want to try that tonight and see if it works lol and attaki I will try that as well to eat everything 3-4 hours before bed. I read the circadian rhythm book and in it they even say (the author) that TRE (time restricted eating) plays a huge roll in sleep and it should be a window of 8-16 hours from when you wake and finish eating - 3-4 hours before bed should help achieve deeper sleep.

This forum though contradicts a lot of stuff I've read not only in that book but other articles/blogs because it's encouraged to eat at night to ensure sufficient liver glycogen/increasing metabolism/blood sugar etc.

Will try this tonight - not throwing up though lol that sucked!
peaterians advice to eat something that's easy to digest like simple sugar or ice cream not complex starches. that way you don't have a full stomach with undigested food. but you have a replenished glycogen store.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals