Possible hypothyroidism, need guidance please

Chazman224

So I've been dealing with sleep issues that come and go in waves where I'll wake up in the night and not be able to fall back to sleep, usually this is towards the early morning, a few hours before I am supposed to wake, this is accompanied with Nocturia where I get up twice a night to pee but I can 99% of the time fall back to sleep after getting up to pee. The issues of not being able to fall back to sleep stay for a week or two then may disappear for a week or so and then come back randomly (trust me I've looked into any triggers and ruled everything out) . My sleep quality all the time is awful and I awake often in the night, I have to sleep at least 9 1/2 hrs a night to function.

I had bloods a while back and they showed almost non existent DHEA levels so I now supplement dhea and pregnenolone. 50mg oral pregnenolone at night and dhea topical on balls 15mg, this has really helped with the adrenal issues I was feeling but only helped slightly with sleep quality.

I was told my thyroid function is 'exceptional' by Dr looking at my blood work. However I have discovered from much reading hypothyroid is not always easy to diagnose from bloodwork alone. I am yet to do temperature test as I don't have a thermometer. However I have information on my average resting heart rate from my fit bit and it's usually around 55 - 57bpm which as I understand is very low and indicative of hypothyroid, I am not a huge athlete although I train weights a couple times a week but don't even get of breath doing so really.

My hands and feet always get cold, however when I'm asleep I usually wake up hot and I have to keep my bedroom very cold with a fan to compensate for this.

I just discovered the ol orange juice and salt trick for when waking up and it's worked consistently to put me back to sleep which is just incredible. Again I've heard this shows my liver can't hold glycogen efficiently. But as you can see by my blood my thyroid function seems good? Is it just not entering the cells. What is going on???

What can I do diet wise and supplement wise to sort myself out? Please help. I am so close to figuring this out after 2 years of absolute torture trying to figure this out and thousands wasted on useless doctors.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230423_150824_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20230423_150824_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20230423_145918_com.fitbit.FitbitMobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20230423_145918_com.fitbit.FitbitMobile.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 56

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Welcome. Hope you feel better soon. I've had your symptoms when I was plain out hypothyroid, but my TSH reflected that as well.

My prolactin also reflected the thyroid function well in a negative relationship.

Your TSH and prolactin seem good. It is believed that high cortisol can suppress TSH. Have you been taking biotin or B vitamins? These can mess up with the labs as well. Try to take as little supplements as possible before labs.

The first thing I would do is ensure good vitamin D status and adequate calcium intake. From there, focus on eating properly and eating frequently to see if that makes any difference. Drink some coffee with food...

Hopefully people chime in with more for you.

Mr Joe

Blood test are tricky. Pulse and Temperature are better indicators according to Ray or Broda barnes. Waking up during the night to pee is a sign of high cortisol. Especially in the morning. How is your vitamin D ? Low vitamin D goes with high cortisol sometimes. But your heart rate is very slow and you need to find why (probably thyroid, sodium loss and magnesium depletion). Having a blood test acth can help as well.

OP
C

Chazman224

Blood test are tricky. Pulse and Temperature are better indicators according to Ray or Broda barnes. Waking up during the night to pee is a sign of high cortisol. Especially in the morning. How is your vitamin D ? Low vitamin D goes with high cortisol sometimes. But your heart rate is very slow and you need to find why (probably thyroid, sodium loss and magnesium depletion). Having a blood test acth can help as well.

Yeah I need to get a proper thermometer to check my temp, will have one on the way soon. I will be tracking pulse rate though. Sodium and magnesium I got a lot of, I take a good electrolyte twice a day plus healthy servings of pink salt with every meal, I take 3g magnesium glycinate every night, I've played with magnesium doses for other 2 years and every form for giving me better quality sleep and this works the best for me.

My vitamin D levels are just cropped out the bottom of that screenshot but it is 120 nmol/L, and that test was taken in the winter when we get little sun here in the UK. Sun is starting to come out a lot more now and I'm getting as much time as possible in natural sunlight.

I have the classic cold hands and feet that is seen with hypothyroid, especially my feet, they are freezing 24/7. I'll do a workout and have thick socks on and my feet are still cold. However if my room is not cold I will wake up way more often in the night, my room is ideal for me at around 10 degrees C / 50 Fahrenheit but if it creeps anything over 15 degrees C / 59 Fahrenheit I will be waking up sweating. This doesn't seem consistent with being Hypo as from what I've read I should be cold all of the time but my body temp if anything runs warmer than most people. But feet cold. Weird.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals