Light Sleeper

ursidae

I’m finding my sleep is getting lighter and lighter and I wake up from most noises made by people I cohabit with at night. If I’m woken up at around 2 am by their bathroom visit I fall asleep within an hour or less depending on whether I take melatonin. If I’m woken up around 6-7 I don’t fall asleep again. I don’t wake up when there’s no people around. I pretty much can’t fall asleep anymore without some help from melatonin since I’ve started using it (I take 20 mg). I’m getting about 5 hours of sleep this way. What can be done to improve the quality of sleep?

mariantos

I’m finding my sleep is getting lighter and lighter and I wake up from most noises made by people I cohabit with at night. If I’m woken up at around 2 am by their bathroom visit I fall asleep within an hour or less depending on whether I take melatonin. If I’m woken up around 6-7 I don’t fall asleep again. I don’t wake up when there’s no people around. I pretty much can’t fall asleep anymore without some help from melatonin since I’ve started using it (I take 20 mg). I’m getting about 5 hours of sleep this way. What can be done to improve the quality of sleep?

I consider that you use too much melatonin, be careful not to use it in the long run. I had such problems and I solved them in about two months with melatonin, but doses of 1 mg and 2 mg.

One more thing, just like you, if I heard a noise or something, I woke up suddenly and couldn't fall asleep, but the fact that I was annoyed contributed to it, that state of nerves kept me stressed and the thought revolved around what had woken me up and I couldn't sleep like that. I noticed that the stress of getting angry did not allow me to fall asleep. I don't know how you get on your nerves, but if you treat waking up as a nuisance and you see that your mind is focused on what happened, try to think positively, I know it may sound commonplace, but it helped me and still helps me enormously, Instead of staring at what happened, I try to focus on good thoughts, and I manage to calm down instantly, I don't even realize when I fall asleep again.

I. If you do not pray, you can take a walk in the open air every night before retiring to sleep or practicing activities that relax you.

II. You need to make a sleep routine that you follow every night. You can add a linden tea or st. john's wort tea to your schedule, it is not necessary to consume it daily, but when you are tense / loaded, you can opt for a cup of tea.

III. Do not expose yourself to stressful situations intentionally, stress and anxiety increase the level of cortisol in the body, so you should avoid stress or stressors as much as possible, even if it is more difficult.

IV. Limit the amount of melatonin to a maximum of 3 mg, I do not dispute its beneficial effects, but you must also take into account the side effects that are directly proportional to the amount administered and the period of time in which it is administered.

All the best!

bistecca

consider stresses.. I've been trying to isolate EMF from wifi and other sources as a sleep-impacting variable.. I was able to reduce levels by turning off the wifi router at night but the house electric wires(which run 16" away from my head behind my bed) are still emitters. I started sleeping outside in a camping hammock to see if it was better and the frequency of waking up went way down. food for thought.

Nomane Euger

Hi,what improve my sleep the most is eating histamine lowering foods such as ripe fruits,kidneys,and some liver(organs grass fed),using ear plugs,not eating meat to close to bed,like no meat past 7andhalf pm,blocking blue and green light after sun set with glasses clothes.the ultimate one is having certains hormones elevated such as progesterone and DHT(subjectif feeling)that make you feel chill and relax mentally and physically.blood donation depending of your lvls can make you sleep deeper and have less rem sleep.to me and my family members I experimented with a high calcium to magnesium ratio like when I took bone powder supplements while eating very little magnesium led to very light and fragmented sleep where any sound woke me up

Last edited:

Ben.

Gut smashing. Vagus nerve massage (behind the back of the head/neck or belly massages, top of the roof of your mouth with the tongue works too) for relaxing the nevous system/muscles.

Ornithine, Melatonine, GABA. <-- supplements worth trying but they are NOT recommended for repeated or long term use.

Trying to lower noise irritation is always recommended (perhaps with earplugs? But beaware you might not hear the alarm clock) along with removing EMF sources.
Plants for airfiltration and certain smells can aid sleep aswell.

Running water sound or nature sounds are good aswell, ideally from natural source. Perhaps checking out binaural beats and relaxing on the floor in a psoas release position for 20-40 minutes before going to bed is good thing to try.

Dont get dependend on melatonin. Sleeping light might just be a temporary thing. Get enough morning sun on as much skin as possible and perhaps incoorporate some activity at the early part of the day so that at night your actually tired physically.

Switching between different sleeping surfaces with different hardiness might be a needed change due to posture issue.

Change all monitor lights from blue light to orange with apps like f.lux or apples integrated settings.

Avoid coffee or other caffeeine products/stimulants (like b-vitamins) past 2 pm.

Last but not least, reduce overall stress.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals