What Nutrients Promote Restful Sleep?

AnonE

With all I've learned and experimented with from this forum and other sources, I've really jacked up my thyroid function, testosterone, dopamine, and general energy levels. The problem is, I stay wired into the evening, and so getting restful sleep is tough!

I was wondering what nutrients in particular (and specific foods, sure) are helpful for restful sleep.

Magnesium and Potassium perhaps? I don't want to supplement melatonin per se, but I wonder if reducing tryptophan/serotonin so much has thrown that off lol. Maybe there's too much of a 'good thing' with respect to thyroid/testosterone/dopamine (I only take vitamin/mineral supps, no hormones/drugs). I just feel energetic and aggressive and motivated and high mood all the time =)

But yeah the sleep has been suffering a bit as of late. Basically it's hard to actually fall asleep, except after sex. Thanks for any ideas/help.

GAF

Somewhere on this forum someone suggested Vitamin C before bed so my gf and I began 2 x 1200mg liposomal each before nighty night and it has been a big help. Seems to help deepen sleep a lot. Especially after sex.

Memento

Selenium feels quite soothing as a supplement. High K diet feels also pretty good, but I don't know if it helps sleeping as I've transitioned to low fat at the same time..

Frankdee20

Magnesium, zinc, vitamin d, Inositol (can cause insomnia in small percentage of people), glycine, b6, b3, Vitamin E.

lampofred

Good sleep is probably one of the most energy-intensive processes there is, so you need basically everything... Low serotonin/high dopamine is key to deep relaxation. If you are feeling aggressive, high-strung, then your dopamine is probably converting to adrenaline or there is high estrogen.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals