vitamin E questions

Franz

I was thinking about supplementing with more than just gelatin in warm drinks and some mincol (a strange mineral supplement that I dont really have good reason for taking other than that matt stone from 180degreehealth liked it and as far as I know still likes it).
Vitamin E perhaps?
Can it be taken alone without other supplement to balance it out?
What kind of supplement should I be looking for? drops, soft caps, dry caps? I live in europe (the netherlands), the vitamin E supplelent recommended in the supplement list is not available here as far as I know.
I'm not super strict with avoiding pufa's so the little vegetable oil from a supplement wont make much of a difference right?

J

j.

Franz said:
I'm not super strict with avoiding pufa's so the little vegetable oil from a supplement wont make much of a difference right?

I asked Ray Peat about this a while ago, and he said a few drops is not something to worry about.

Franz

Good to hear. To be honest, I had though Ray Peat would have been too dogmatic about PUFA's to say that.
So, basically any quality supplement will do? And there is no problem in supplementing with vitamin E alone?

Dan Wich

You can probably get the one recommended on the supplement page (Unique E) shipped to Europe for a reasonable price from iHerb.com.

Here's an interesting thread if you look for a different brand. It sounds like you probably want one with just tocopherols instead of a tocopherols/tocotrienol combination.

I haven't heard of any reason to avoid taking it alone. Peat does mention that you shouldn't take it along with a lot of iron though.

Franz

Thanks for the suggesting, iherb indeed has low shipping costs :)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Health Natura Vitamin K2 Questions Health Natura 15
F Some Questions About Vitamin B6 (P5P) Male Issues 10
T VItamin D Megadose accident, what to do Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 6
N Home made vitamin D... Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 1
bzmazu Why politicians and doctors keep ignoring the medical research on Vitamin D and Covid Rant or Rave 2
S I think vitamin K2 ruined my life. Vitamins 70
S Fluorescent pee after b vitamin supp, Normal?! Ask For Help or Advice 15
Hirri Suddenly lower Vitamin D question Vitamins 9
Pistachio Vitamin K2's effect on Lunulae (fingernail crescents) Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
Ras How can Vitamin K2 MK-4 be Price's Activator X? K 10
R Interesting podcast on dangers of vitamin E supplementation E 0
Mauritio Cistanche more effective at decreasing lipid peroxidation and free radicals than Vitamin E and Caffeine Science 18
J Vitamin d powder Ask For Help or Advice 8
Mito The efficacy of Vitamin K in the treatment of cancer K 1
Brandin vitamin e to balance eggs pufa. Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 15
G How many of you have gotten Vitamin D injections? D 10
Mito Vitamin D Supplementation Ameliorates Metabolic Dysfunction in Patients with PCOS D 0
deliciousfruit Does liver from grain-fed animals contain vitamin A? Meat, Organ Meat, Gelatin, Seafood 2
C Vitamin D lamp? D 17
M Vitamin D3 makes me feel cold D 16
Lokzo Vitamin B6 Increases Serotonin, Regardless of Serotonin Levels - PUBMED Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
P Vitamin B12 Facilitates the Retroconversion of Estrogens into Androgens by Bacteria Scientific Studies 2
R Is vitamin K2 required when taking Vitamin D? Vitamins 16
Charger Blunted Emotions from Vitamin K2? K 8
bzmazu Hey Drinkers....The case for Vitamin-Enriched Alcohol Alcohol, Tobacco, Drugs 3
Mito The efficacy of vitamin E in reducing non-alcoholic fatty liver disease E 0
ecstatichamster how do you oxidize vitamin C safely? C 8
Mito The Inhibitory Roles of Vitamin K in Progression of Vascular Calcification K 0
haidut Fasting ups estrogen & cortisol, decimates vitamin D, may cause diabetes Scientific Studies 11
haidut Vitamin D prevents cortisol-induced depression and...inflammation Scientific Studies 0
haidut Vitamin D is anti-catabolic / anabolic, protects liver from cortisol injury Scientific Studies 2
metabolizm Vitamin D Supplementation is Improving my Sleep D 23
Lokzo This B-Vitamin Can Raise Dopamine (Thiamine tetrahydrofurfuryl disulfide - TTFD) Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 58
A Cheap Vitamin C products, any contamination risk? Ask For Help or Advice 8
J Interesting study claims Vitamin K2 should be classified as a hormone Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 9
Lokzo The Ameliorating Effects Of Vitamin E On Hepatotoxicity Of Ecstasy Scientific Studies 0
M I’m Not Convinced Vitamin D Should Be Supplemented D 152
Mito 7-fold Higher COVID-19 Mortality In Vitamin D Deficient Subjects D 2
ursidae How To Make Vitamin D Work? Ask For Help or Advice 52
A Pufa Detox - Vitamin E Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 6
ddjd Is Vitamin A (retinol Palmitate/acetate) Dangerous During Pregnency? Ask For Help or Advice 1
Mito Vitamin D Supplementation During Winter: Effects On Stress Resilience D 10
C Mega Dos Vitamin B1 With? Vitamins 0
Spartan300 Vitamin E Libido Killer? Vitamins 40
J Had Extreme Reaction To Milk And Vitamin D. Maybe Milk Alkali Syndrome? Milk 26
AnaU Topical Vitamin E -> Rash? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
M Vitamin K For Newborns Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 13
Gadreel Dhea With Vitamin E Vs Dhea With Dim Ask For Help or Advice 0
D Vitamin A For Sale; UK/Europe Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
Pina Telmisartan/ARBs Vitamin D Receptors Heart, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure 0