Vitamin E Storage

Discussion in 'E' started by j., Dec 10, 2013.

1. j.

j. Guest

I think Peat advises to store progest-e in the refrigerator to preserve the vitamin E. So I asked Swanson if it was a good idea to store the vitamin E in the fridge. Apparently it might not be a good idea, but the reason is that the gelatin capsule might explode.

Heat can damage vitamin E, so if you live in a warm place, I guess you could put some cotton to absorb humidity from the vitamin E container so that the pills don't explode and the vitamin E is protected?

2. charlie

charlie The Law & Order Admin

I have mine in the fridge but haven't seen any expansion yet.

3. himsahimsa

himsahimsa Member

I keep all oil based in the freezer or the fridge and have never had a problem, well, except... I open and close quickly to avoid incremental addition of water by condensation. Water makes the caps stick together in a clump. That's a problem.

4. Mossy

Mossy Member

This is an old thread, but I thought a relevant place for my question. Due to the large sized capsules in vitamin E supplements, such as Thorne Ultimate E, is there an issue with the oils going rancid if I were to poke a capsule with a pin and store it in the refrigerator, in order to get smaller multiple doses out of it? Anyone try this?