Is It OK To Only Have Vitamin E Succinate

Kray

Spondive- Thanks for that. Sorry for not having read more thoroughly this thread before posting. I see others have asked similar questions about the alpha vs mixed vs succinate, etc. I like Mittir's take on Peat's comments, and the research is quite interesting on alpha-E vs mixed E.

I wonder if Bluebell ever tried the succinate as you did, since she had liver issues. Pretty amazing stuff. Fatty liver seems to be a very common thing today (although I have read at least that for NAFLD it is usually associated with a vegan/high PUFA diet), so it would be interesting to know if these people are having good success with succinate.

aquaman

Spondive- Thanks for that. Sorry for not having read more thoroughly this thread before posting. I see others have asked similar questions about the alpha vs mixed vs succinate, etc. I like Mittir's take on Peat's comments, and the research is quite interesting on alpha-E vs mixed E.

I wonder if Bluebell ever tried the succinate as you did, since she had liver issues. Pretty amazing stuff. Fatty liver seems to be a very common thing today (although I have read at least that for NAFLD it is usually associated with a vegan/high PUFA diet), so it would be interesting to know if these people are having good success with succinate.

Succinic acid has a quick and large effect on reducing blood glucose, meaning I assume it’s an FFA inhibitor, and improves glucose utilisation, which I think also improves fatty liver.

Last edited:

Kray

Succinic acid has a quick and large effect on rescinding blood glucose, meaning I assume it’s an FFA inhibitor, and improves glucose utilisation, which I think also improves fatty liver.
Sounds quite impressive! Makes sense with others' results using it.

Obi-wan

Just read this study Love this "There are several reports documenting that the VE analogue potentiates cancer cells killing by the immunological apoptogen Fas, viz by mobilising the Fas receptor from the cytosol to the plasma membrane; this has been shown for both prostate and breast cancer cells (Turley et al, 1997; Yu et al, 1999). These findings suggest that α-TOS has the propensity to boost the immune system to enhance cancer surveillance." also this "Another possible mode of antineoplastic activity of VE succinate is that it appears to be antiangiogenic (Malafa et al, 2002b). This notion follows also from findings that α-TOS causes apoptosis of proliferating, but not growth-arrested endothelial cells (Neuzil et al, 2002), and inhibits the expression of angiogenic cytokines, such as VEGF (Malafa and Neitzel, 2000). We have recently observed suppression of blood vessel sprouting by α-TOS in a mouse model of neonatal retinal neovascularisation (Neuzil et al, unpublished)." This blew my mind "While speculative at present, it is possible that the surprisingly high toxicity of α-TOS towards cancer cells and tissues is due to their persistence in such cells in the original form, while normal cells, including fibroblasts (Roberg et al, 1999), cardiac myocytes (Roberg and Ollinger, 1998), hepatocytes (Tirmenstein et al, 1999) and intestinal epithelial cells (Borel et al, 2001), are all capable of its hydrolysis to α-TOH."

Mauritio

I have the same experience about vitamin e in general as the OP .
I can't take any other vitmain e I've tried without getting weird allergy symptoms or feeling toxic . Not even haiduts vitamin e eventhough it has some benefits .

Also I can take the vitamin e succinate! And it's great ,it seems to improve my well beeing and decreases liver related symptoms ,but only for some time . I ve never really gone higher then 400iu , so I ll order the pure bulk version of it and try 800-1500IU.

So for me it's a good vitamin e to take , and im glad that it does not deplete any other kind of vitamin e .
Alpha-tocopherol does NOT deplete gamma-tocopherol

If somebody wants to make a more oldschool kind of vitamin e ,one could add policosanols as they were responsible for many of the benefits reported from vitamin e in the 1950s.
I have ordered the policosanols and will try to add them to it .

One thing I'd like to know. Does vitamin e succinate have the anti-pufa effects that ray talks about ?

yerrag

Here's a link to a historical article by Morton Walker.

http://www.enerex.ca/en/articles/new-ol ... -vitamin-e

Dr. Peat has mentioned the Shutes work on vitamin E in multiple articles. The Shutes reported many good results using vitamin E, which rarely seem achieved with the "modern" commercial forms.
This article is the best article on vitamin E but it is in the internet archive and I wonder why.

I also wonder why I cannot find any of the references cited. Is it because they are old articles that predate the internet, or because they have been purposefully cancelled and deleted? Or is it because my search skills are lacking, or do I need to do search the old fashioned way by walking to a library and relearn the Dewey Decimal System?

Kray

This article is the best article on vitamin E but it is in the internet archive and I wonder why.

I also wonder why I cannot find any of the references cited. Is it because they are old articles that predate the internet, or because they have been purposefully cancelled and deleted? Or is it because my search skills are lacking, or do I need to do search the old fashioned way by walking to a library and relearn the Dewey Decimal System?
Did you ever find answers to your very good questions? Anyone have updates on VES use, pros/cons? Appreciate any feedback. I'm looking at taking it again. Looks like Now Foods version is a good-quality choice, among a few others. Am currently using up this product which has loads of research behind it, although not succinate version AFAIK. Thank you for any input

yerrag

Did you ever find answers to your very good questions? Anyone have updates on VES use, pros/cons? Appreciate any feedback. I'm looking at taking it again. Looks like Now Foods version is a good-quality choice, among a few others. Am currently using up this product which has loads of research behind it, although not succinate version AFAIK. Thank you for any input
I had no luck finding those references. Perhaps if I had access to a US library, I might find something.

It's good NOW carries an assortment of vitamin E products. We have to avoid the synthetic versions, the ones in PUFA oils, and which blend is good for the condition we are taking vitamin E for. The d-alpha and the gamma versions each have their properties, and a blend that contains both of them is a minimum for me. White the beta and delta isomers are not well known in terms of proven benefits, it's still good to have them in the blend in lower percentages. i don't really know too much about the tocotrienol's benefits, or if they really are beneficial, so I wouldn't miss them if they're not in the blend.

Kray

I had no luck finding those references. Perhaps if I had access to a US library, I might find something.

It's good NOW carries an assortment of vitamin E products. We have to avoid the synthetic versions, the ones in PUFA oils, and which blend is good for the condition we are taking vitamin E for. The d-alpha and the gamma versions each have their properties, and a blend that contains both of them is a minimum for me. White the beta and delta isomers are not well known in terms of proven benefits, it's still good to have them in the blend in lower percentages. i don't really know too much about the tocotrienol's benefits, or if they really are beneficial, so I wouldn't miss them if they're not in the blend.
I wish I understood more about vitamin E. It seems a hard one to find consensus on (alpha-only v blend v +tocotrienols). I do seem to remember Dr Peat is not a fan of tocotrienols, I can't remember why, but I've not used them in my E supplements. One thing that seems consistent is that Dry E (succinate) is usually only offered with d-alpha form, even the more expensive brands. One would assume there's science to back it up-- maybe something to do with succinic acid added that makes it more physiologically beneficial with only alpha-d? I don't know. Thanks for your input yerrag!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals