Vitamin E Caused Temperature Drop.

bornamachine

Hello all,

I have a question which may be unfair to ask because it woukd require much details to answer fully.

Male 27 get head pressure usually when I eat some food that causes it, pressure in head behind eye balls pressing on temples or squeezing nose bridge offers some relief but usual method is to take 80 to 150mg aspirin to thin the blood out (imo) which offers relieve within 10 mins. Usually. I am sensetive to isolated vitamins but wasnt always like that, I read that vit. E is a natural blood thinner, this time around decided to try a bit to see the effect, had pressure again bad, bought simple thruths vit e non-synthetic from fred meyer, took one pill believe its 670iu, poked a hole in it, squeezed out a sliver of oil, which I would equate to 1/5 of a drop, and thats probably an over estimate, it was pretty much nothing, take by mouth off finger and follow with some water, lay back and observe how I feel... within 10 mins I start to feel weird and disconnected then very weird and off feel head pressure dissapearing but feel so bad almost panicky feel like in starting to freeze (its not cold in room about 68f) micro vibrations in muscles to warm up put feet in bath with hot water to warm up feel like I am freezing shaky a little measure temp, 95.2f, put hands in water as well measure in one min 95.5 feel like im getting warmer and feeling of disconnect subsiding, head pressure gone, I get into bathtub and normalize, after I get out I am fine and my temps and everything have been fine since then couple days so far as they usually are (I know they are on the lower side but stable) would any smart induvidual be able to solve this for me? What happened? I do not take any drugs or supplements, other then the occasional aspirin. Thank you for your time.

tara

I don't know what's going on in your case, but I think Peat took to supplementing some things topically because he got reactions to some supplements taken orally.

OP
bornamachine

bornamachine

Thank you for your reply Tara. I don't know whats going on either but I suspect my thyroid is messed up from a dental xraying that happened 6 yearsvago with no lead blanket, 4 hours later I had an energy crash like never before and havent been the same since...

OP
bornamachine

bornamachine

No more input from anyone else? Hmmm....

tara

Personal allergy to a constituent?

Sheik

I felt 'hypo' from taking vitamin E a while back. My best guess was that the vitamin E was contaminated with toxic metals. Isn't that why Peat doesn't like taking vitamin supplements?

OP
bornamachine

bornamachine

Tara I dont think it has anything to do with allergie because ive never had an allergic reaction to food, drug or supplement before.

Sheik I dont believe heavy metals have anything to do in this case, although you never know I guess. This particular vit. E is derived from soy beans though without soy proteins, although it is derived from soy bean oil and there is a dilution of soy oil in the capasule, I can safely eliminate that as being the cause because I can eat for example deep fried fries in soy oil and be fine, no, this is directly caused by vitamin e through some sort of physiological process... why did it clear my head preassure, why did it mess with my temps?... we are talking about a minute amount here, almost nothing!!

Giraffe

The symptoms sound like low blood sugar, though I don't know why vitamin E would cause this. Maybe there is no connection?

OP
bornamachine

bornamachine

Giraffe said:
The symptoms sound like low blood sugar, though I don't know why vitamin E would cause this. Maybe there is no connection?

Thanks for the input giraffe. I dont know, but thats a gokd point but I believe invalid in my case. The reason being is that I had temp. Drops before where I even called then medics but when they measured my sugar I was fine, I also went through a phase of unquencheble thirst where I would drink 2 gallons of water a day (about a year and a half ago) but my blood sugar was fine! I believe this is the part where ray peat said on one of his shows " Each person is different, you listen to them talk about what happened to get them where they are and they will give you all the answers themselves" I think I will finally draft up a summary of what events took place in my life that made me what I am and maybe someone can help me out on here.. I will start another thread for that. Thanks everyone

haidut

Forum Supporter
bornamachine said:
post 99506 Hello all,

I have a question which may be unfair to ask because it woukd require much details to answer fully.

Male 27 get head pressure usually when I eat some food that causes it, pressure in head behind eye balls pressing on temples or squeezing nose bridge offers some relief but usual method is to take 80 to 150mg aspirin to thin the blood out (imo) which offers relieve within 10 mins. Usually. I am sensetive to isolated vitamins but wasnt always like that, I read that vit. E is a natural blood thinner, this time around decided to try a bit to see the effect, had pressure again bad, bought simple thruths vit e non-synthetic from fred meyer, took one pill believe its 670iu, poked a hole in it, squeezed out a sliver of oil, which I would equate to 1/5 of a drop, and thats probably an over estimate, it was pretty much nothing, take by mouth off finger and follow with some water, lay back and observe how I feel... within 10 mins I start to feel weird and disconnected then very weird and off feel head pressure dissapearing but feel so bad almost panicky feel like in starting to freeze (its not cold in room about 68f) micro vibrations in muscles to warm up put feet in bath with hot water to warm up feel like I am freezing shaky a little measure temp, 95.2f, put hands in water as well measure in one min 95.5 feel like im getting warmer and feeling of disconnect subsiding, head pressure gone, I get into bathtub and normalize, after I get out I am fine and my temps and everything have been fine since then couple days so far as they usually are (I know they are on the lower side but stable) would any smart induvidual be able to solve this for me? What happened? I do not take any drugs or supplements, other then the occasional aspirin. Thank you for your time.

Vitamin E is known to lower both adrenaline and cortisol, so if you were running on stress hormones (like most people) before vitamin E, lowering these hormones can trigger such a reaction as it may cause temporary hypoglycemia.
It could also be allergies but it's hard to tell without a test.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
bornamachine

bornamachine

Haidut said:
Vitamin E is known to lower both adrenaline and cortisol, so if you were running on stress hormones (like most people) before vitamin E, lowering these hormones can trigger such a reaction as it may cause temporary hypoglycemia.

Thanks for the input Haidut. Is the mechanism behind that known?

tara

bornamachine said:
post 100315 The reason being is that I had temp. Drops before where I even called then medics but when they measured my sugar I was fine
Fallen sugar levels are often resotored fairly quickly by stress hormone, so it is normal for testing afterwards not to show a low sugar event.

haidut

Forum Supporter
bornamachine said:
post 100384
Haidut said:

Thanks for the input Haidut. Is the mechanism behind that known?

I don't think it is known by mainstream medicine. I think the reduced estrogen played a role since estrogen is one of the primary stimulators of cortisol synthesis. In addition, in rats vitamin E raises metabolism and this would increase the clearance of cortisol as well.

Kyle Bigman

I have had similar experiences with vitamin e/aspirin, not sure really which because I was supplementing both. However, I felt light-headed, fatigued, and dizzy. I believe it is either due to the fact that we may have either estrogen deficiency or cortisol deficiency, and vitamin e pushes those hormones too low.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals