vitamin E questions

Franz

I was thinking about supplementing with more than just gelatin in warm drinks and some mincol (a strange mineral supplement that I dont really have good reason for taking other than that matt stone from 180degreehealth liked it and as far as I know still likes it).
Vitamin E perhaps?
Can it be taken alone without other supplement to balance it out?
What kind of supplement should I be looking for? drops, soft caps, dry caps? I live in europe (the netherlands), the vitamin E supplelent recommended in the supplement list is not available here as far as I know.
I'm not super strict with avoiding pufa's so the little vegetable oil from a supplement wont make much of a difference right?

J

j.

Franz said:
I'm not super strict with avoiding pufa's so the little vegetable oil from a supplement wont make much of a difference right?

I asked Ray Peat about this a while ago, and he said a few drops is not something to worry about.

OP
F

Franz

Good to hear. To be honest, I had though Ray Peat would have been too dogmatic about PUFA's to say that.
So, basically any quality supplement will do? And there is no problem in supplementing with vitamin E alone?

Dan W

You can probably get the one recommended on the supplement page (Unique E) shipped to Europe for a reasonable price from iHerb.com.

Here's an interesting thread if you look for a different brand. It sounds like you probably want one with just tocopherols instead of a tocopherols/tocotrienol combination.

I haven't heard of any reason to avoid taking it alone. Peat does mention that you shouldn't take it along with a lot of iron though.

OP
F

Franz

Thanks for the suggesting, iherb indeed has low shipping costs :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals