VItamin D Megadose accident, what to do

tastyfood

I thought the bottle dropper was in the vitamin D supplement, but it wasn't, so I dumped about a quarter of the Carlson vitamin D on my belly button by mistake. I reacted immediately, rubbed it off, and took a quick shower with a lot of soap to rub it off fully.

I know the vitamin topically takes hours to absorb, but is there anything I should do to prevent damage?

I'm upping my calcium for the rest of the day, and I had some liver before for lunch.

Thank you!

edit: typo

Last edited:

Inaut

If you wiped it off quickly I wouldn't stress over it too much. Just lay off the d for a week if you want.

Jman

The absorbtion through the skin is around 10% if you rub it in good and dont wash it off. So even if you thoroughly rubbed in 100,000 iu, you'd absorb only around 10,000.

Quelsatron

The one with 365 drops at 2000 IU? even if you absorbed the total 180000 IU which is not true you should be okay as long as you're not overloaded with vitamin D already, maybe just stay off the D for a few weeks if you're worried

Orome

I have already taken pharmaceutical vials with 200000 IU orally several times (with some weeks in between however) and never had any issues or side effects from the single very high dose. So I think you don't need to worry.

Momentum

I know plenty of people who have been doing this for decades and are fine. Absolutely staves off viruses if done at the first sign.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
DaveFoster A Megadose Of Vitamin E 'slows Down' Alzheimer's Scientific Studies 3
L Best vitamin c for a child? Ask For Help or Advice 6
Mito The Great Vitamin D Debate with Georgi Dinkov, Danny Roddy, Kate Deering & Matt Blackburn D 32
M Does a lot of copper increase the need of vitamin C? Ask For Help or Advice 10
Mauritio Vitamin B1 / Thiamine deficiency increases serotonin in the brain Scientific Studies 17
P Study: Vitamin A theory of vaccine injury Scientific Studies 26
haidut Vitamin D can force cancer cells to differentiate back into normal Scientific Studies 1
haidut Oral testosterone + vitamin E may treat NAFLD, NASH, cirrhosis in humans Scientific Studies 5
haidut Glucose + vitamin B3 combo synergistic for treating mitochondrial disease Scientific Studies 1
haidut Nine out of ten COVID-19 deaths may be due to vitamin D deficiency Scientific Studies 22
S Vitamin E overuse? Ask For Help or Advice 9
K Why does vitamin K2 mk4 make my skin dry? K 4
B Tissue concentrations of Menaquinone-4 (Vitamin K2 MK-4) Scientific Studies 0
youngsinatra Can High Vitamin D Compensate Lower Dietary Calcium? Ask For Help or Advice 4
A Does vitamin K supplementation deplete vitamin E? Vitamins 25
youngsinatra Vitamin D - Don‘t Guess, But Test! Ask For Help or Advice 30
cjm "Vitamin E inhibits the activation of NF‐kB, with the greatest inhibition seen with the succinate form." Scientific Studies 2
Pina Kale Water Vitamin K Content Diet 1
youngsinatra Post Your Experience With Topical Vitamin A Here Metabolism 18
M Do vitamin A supplements deplete vitamin A? Ask For Help or Advice 5
Jon2547 Koncentrated K brand of Vitamin K Vitamins 12
M B-Complex or Bee Pollen supplement? Vitamin A supplement or Cod liver oil? Ask For Help or Advice 3
M Best Vitamin A and Copper supplements? Ask For Help or Advice 38
P High dose vitamin k2 around 45mg makes vericocele vanish Male Issues 7
M Does cooking vegetables destroy their vitamin C? Ask For Help or Advice 11
Ras Vitamin C neutralizes chlorine in water C 1
Quelsatron A very confusing month? (vitamin D, magnesium, liver) Ask For Help or Advice 33
Mauritio Vitamin E succinate decreases melanoma size by 650% in vivo Scientific Studies 42
charlie Vitamin B1 in critically ill patients: needs and challenges Scientific Studies 53
C Vitamin D, daily low dose or infrequent high dose? Vitamins 11
G How relevant are serum vitamin tests? Vitamins 11
D Vitamin D Always High! Blood Work, Labs 13
Q Is Vitamin D induced serotonin syndrome possible? Please hear me out... Ask For Help or Advice 60
N Home made vitamin D... Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 1
bzmazu Why politicians and doctors keep ignoring the medical research on Vitamin D and Covid Rant or Rave 2
S I think vitamin K2 ruined my life. Vitamins 76
S Fluorescent pee after b vitamin supp, Normal?! Ask For Help or Advice 15
Hirri Suddenly lower Vitamin D question Vitamins 9
Pistachio Vitamin K2's effect on Lunulae (fingernail crescents) Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
Ras How can Vitamin K2 MK-4 be Price's Activator X? K 10
R Interesting podcast on dangers of vitamin E supplementation E 2
Mauritio Cistanche more effective at decreasing lipid peroxidation and free radicals than Vitamin E and Caffeine Science 46
J Vitamin d powder Ask For Help or Advice 8
Mito The efficacy of Vitamin K in the treatment of cancer K 1
Brandin vitamin e to balance eggs pufa. Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 15
G How many of you have gotten Vitamin D injections? D 10
Mito Vitamin D Supplementation Ameliorates Metabolic Dysfunction in Patients with PCOS D 0
deliciousfruit Does liver from grain-fed animals contain vitamin A? Meat, Organ Meat, Gelatin, Seafood 2
C Vitamin D lamp? D 17
M Vitamin D3 makes me feel cold D 16