Low Toxin Diet Vitamin a in milk

koky

vitamin a in milk
my local organic dairy( milk in glass bottles) says they are required to add 4.5ml of Vitamin A per 1,000lbs. of milk
doesn't this sound like a very low amount?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
vitamin a in milk
my local organic dairy( milk in glass bottles) says they are required to add 4.5ml of Vitamin A per 1,000lbs. of milk
It does but I but I suppose it depends on how concentrated it is. HealthNatura makes one that’s 2,500 IU per drop and it’s diluted in mct oil.

Kray

vitamin a in milk
I would guess it is the same as the amount shown on commercial milk labels? You can check a carton of whole milk in your local grocer and see the % Vitamin A RDA shown on the label.

I assume your question is concern for too much vitamin A, correct?

Where I live I have access to raw whole milk. My dairy does not provide nutritional information for their milk, but I do know that they don't add any vA (raw does not require supplementation of vA). I would still love to know how much naturally-occurring vA is in my milk, if any.

If anyone knows the answer to this-- whether raw whole milk contains vA, and generally what amount-- I would really appreciate knowing!

Last edited:
OP
K

koky

I would guess it is the same as the amount shown on commercial milk labels? You can check a carton of whole milk in your local grocer and see the % Vitamin A RDA shown on the label.

I assume your question is concern for too much vitamin A, correct?

Where I live I have access to raw whole milk. My dairy does not provide nutritional information for their milk, but I do know that they don't add any vA (raw does not require supplementation of vA). I would still love to know how much naturally-occurring vA is in my milk, if any.

If anyone knows the answer to this-- whether raw whole milk contains vA, and generally what amount-- I would really appreciate knowing!

google:One quart of Whole Raw Milk provides you with 375 mcg of vitamin A, or 42% of the daily recommended value

my dairy farmer (above) says 2000iu per qt

Kray

google:One quart of Whole Raw Milk provides you with 375 mcg of vitamin A, or 42% of the daily recommended value

my dairy farmer (above) says 2000iu per qt
Wow- that is naturally-occurring, you are sure? Not added? Is it from the grasses the cows eat? If they are grain-fed I wonder if there would be as much?
Why in the heck does commercial dairy add MORE?

DanDare

Forum Supporter
However much vit a that fortification equates to the answer is don't drink milk if you seriously want to try and reduce vitamin a in your liver whether it be fortified or unfortified, raw or pasteurised.

DanDare

Forum Supporter
Wow- that is naturally-occurring, you are sure? Not added? Is it from the grasses the cows eat? If they are grain-fed I wonder if there would be as much?
Why in the heck does commercial dairy add MORE?
Because vitamin a is known to be removed by skimming, so it's seen as a replenishment of what is mistaken to be an essential healthy vitamin.

Kray

Because vitamin a is known to be removed by skimming, so it's seen as a replenishment of what is mistaken to be an essential healthy vitamin.
Assuming you don't drink milk? What about other dairy? For same reason- vitamin A? How do you meet your calcium requirements?

DanDare

Forum Supporter
Assuming you don't drink milk? What about other dairy? For same reason- vitamin A? How do you meet your calcium requirements?

Not at the moment, not for about 4 to 6 weeks while I give the low A a good try, and I have only seen improvements so far and so I will continue. The idea is the Ray Peat calcium requirements are greatly exaggerated and so calcium requirements are not hard to meet. My teeth are doing a lot better, no pain or sensitivity...

Kray

Not at the moment, not for about 4 to 6 weeks while I give the low A a good try, and I have only seen improvements so far and so I will continue. The idea is the Ray Peat calcium requirements are greatly exaggerated and so calcium requirements are not hard to meet. My teeth are doing a lot better, no pain or sensitivity...
Thanks for your feedback. What substantiation do you have to verify the claims about calcium? Not to be skeptical or doubt you, but I haven't come across that until now (here on the forum). What foods do you attribute to high(er) calcium content from the lowA diet?

DanDare

Forum Supporter
Thanks for your feedback. What substantiation do you have to verify the claims about calcium? Not to be skeptical or doubt you, but I haven't come across that until now (here on the forum). What foods do you attribute to high(er) calcium content from the lowA diet?

At the moment I have not got a list of studies that I can rattle off without a bit of work.
There was a great website, and still may be but I cannot find it, which plotted the country to country calcium intake against osteoporosis , and more, and the low calcium diets actually looked better not worse, it was enough for me to really take note.

I do not understand your second question. However my main sources of calcium will actually be my hard water, at about 200mg per litre. Followed by beans. And so about 400mg per day or more.

Kray

At the moment I have not got a list of studies that I can rattle off without a bit of work.
There was a great website, and still may be but I cannot find it, which plotted the country to country calcium intake against osteoporosis , and more, and the low calcium diets actually looked better not worse, it was enough for me to really take note.
Interesting. If you find, please forward.

I do not understand your second question. However my main sources of calcium will actually be my hard water, at about 200mg per litre. Followed by beans. And so about 400mg per day or more.
Just that-- as an important mineral, what foods are good sources other than dairy. Hadn't actually counted water as a significant source. Will have to look into my water supply details.

Thanks for sharing.

DanDare

Forum Supporter

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
Hello

I am currently on vacation in Miami and was walking around different supermarkets.
It looks like that every dairy product which has lower fat then normal is fortified with vitamin A.
I understand the scare about VA a little bit better now. In Europe there is no fortified dairy products. At all. Or I haven't seen them. I was thinking what are you guys talking about? As I was turning around items in shop, I was like: that thing is real, its everywhere!
Also almost any dairy product regardless of fat content is fortified with vitamin D.
Strange strange
Just wanted to share that...

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Hello

I am currently on vacation in Miami and was walking around different supermarkets.
It looks like that every dairy product which has lower fat then normal is fortified with vitamin A.
I understand the scare about VA a little bit better now. In Europe there is no fortified dairy products. At all. Or I haven't seen them. I was thinking what are you guys talking about? As I was turning around items in shop, I was like: that thing is real, its everywhere!
Also almost any dairy product regardless of fat content is fortified with vitamin D.
Strange strange
Yes, "they" are actively trying to kill us in America. They want us sick and suffering due to Who we Serve. Oh well, their gig is up now. They gave it a good run but the tide is turning and we are taking our health back.

Peater

Hello

Strange strange
This just made me wonder. Being American would Ray have been having fortified milk? I don't remember ever reading he made sure to get raw unpasteurised etc milk. As well as the vit A supplementation mentioned occasionally?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals