Grass-fed vs organic milk

FrostedShores

Is organic milk just as good as, and possibly better than, grass-fed milk?

In my area, I'm able to get either 2% grass-fed milk or organic skim milk. I'm trying to lower my fat intake, but I've also been lead to believe grass-fed is better and lower in toxic/estrogenic compounds than organic, largely due to organic cows being fed grains. What impact do the grains have on the milk? Does the fact that they're organic grains negate some of the unhealthy effects, or do the lectins in the grains still produce inferior quality milk and increase the likelihood of allergic reactions?

According to this article, grass-fed milk has higher amounts of dioxins than organic:

Grass-fed vs. organic milk - which should you buy? - IvanNikolov.com

I've never even heard of dioxins! I found this article by Ray Peat in which he discusses dioxins:

Immunodeficiency, dioxins, stress, and the hormones

Based on this, I would assume organic milk would be a better option. Thoughts?

Also, according to multiple sources, grass-fed milk has higher concentrations of omega-3 fatty acids. Does this mean organic is a better alternative in order to avoid PUFAs? Or does it matter since I'm getting low-fat milk, anyways?

I've also seen multiple articles claiming grass-fed milk has higher amounts of Vitamin A & E, but it's largely located in the fat. If I'm getting low-fat milk, does the higher amounts of Vitamin A & E matter?

Sorry for so many questions! I've read up on the different kinds of milk, and it seems grass-fed is not as tightly regulated as organic, and organic is still roughly 30% grass-fed. Also, organic is significantly cheaper. I'd be interested to hear others' experiences with the different types of milk. Thanks!

Beastmode

I was drinking 1% organic milk for the better part of 4+ years and eventually moved towards raw milk, which is supposedly GF, and I feel best with it. I like that it isn't fortified with the A & D.

OP
F

FrostedShores

I was drinking 1% organic milk for the better part of 4+ years and eventually moved towards raw milk, which is supposedly GF, and I feel best with it. I like that it isn't fortified with the A & D.
I've tried finding raw milk in my area, but it's very difficult to come by, and with the amount of milk I drink, I'd go broke pretty quickly. Unfortunately, I need something easier and cheaper to source. I do wish I could find stuff that wasn't fortified...

akgrrrl

Historically speaking, only sub par, not-fit-for human consumption food items are "fortified". Do ppl really believe producers arbitrarily add vits at their own expense.

Sphagnum

I imagine that an organically fed cow is likely eating loads of organic “feed” from corn/soy etc while being mostly penned up away from the sun. Not something I would expect to produce milk as healthy as a cow grazing outdoors in the sun on it’s natural diet. That’s my assumption anyway.

The biggest things that come to mind that I would consider:

Inadequate sun for cow=inadequate vit D synthesized on skin of cow to pass along to you

Treated feed instead of grass=inadequate K2 synthesis in the gut of animal to pass along to you (needed to make sure the calcium is shuttled and deposited where it should be)

Soy and other feed items are high in estrogenic compounds, which would end up being passed into the milk

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals