Testing Milk For Fillers

Noodlz2

Georgi has mentioned that he tested some milk brands and very few come back negative for titanium dioxide, silica, gums, carrageenan, and other thickeners/stabilizers. It would be worth looking into this further, as those fillers are nefarious and milk is a huge part of some of our diets.

Does anyone have access to labs that could perform these tests? We could vote on which brands we are most interested in testing, and test some of the top ones.

@haidut Would you be willing to share those brands and results, and would you be open to testing certain brands that you have yet to test? I would be happy to cover costs for time, labor, materials, shipping, etc.

@Dan Wich This may be useful to add to Toxinless if this gains traction.

A Dean Foods (one of largest milk producer in the country) rep told me this when I asked if they add titanium dioxide, gums, or other fillers to their milk:

"The only thing that we add to our white milk are nutrients like vitamin A and vitamin D, we fortify our milk."

That's encouraging, but who knows if they're required to disclose everything, or are even aware of what is actually in the milk.

koky

BEWARE Horizon "organic" products

You did not answer the question, as you and / or your supervisor are aware
The FDA does not require listing ingredients that are below a certain level
You told me that even if you had ingredients below that level - they are all listed
Please send such email unambiguously

On Feb 28, 2020, at 7:03 PM, Horizon Organic <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi ...,

We really appreciate hearing from you—and for your commitment to knowing what’s in your food.

Horizon Organic® is in compliance with FDA requirements and we list our ingredients accordingly. The ingredients listed in the Nutrition Facts are a reflection of what is found in the product. Please note that the ingredients are subject to change so we recommend that you review the ingredients list to ensure the product fits your dietary needs.

Your questions help us understand what matters most to our Horizon Organic® fans.

If there is something else we can do to help, let's chat about it! Please give us a call at 1-888-494-3020 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Central Time, Monday through Friday.

Best,
Natalie & The Horizon Organic® Team
Ref: Y2541026

gaze

A Dean Foods (one of largest milk producer in the country) rep told me this when I asked if they add titanium dioxide, gums, or other fillers to their milk:

"The only thing that we add to our white milk are nutrients like vitamin A and vitamin D, we fortify our milk."

That's encouraging, but who knows if they're required to disclose everything, or are even aware of what is actually in the milk.

just be aware, the vitamin D and vitamin A supplements that they add usually contain titanium dioxide and silica. so although they don't add it directly in the milk, it's still there when they add vitamin D and A

Inaut

just be aware, the vitamin D and vitamin A supplements that they add usually contain titanium dioxide and silica. so although they don't add it directly in the milk, it's still there when they add vitamin D and A
Nothing is sacred it seems :(

gaze

Nothing is sacred it seems :(

yea...every foods been ruined. nanoprticles in commercial milk, all commercial meat soaked in trisodium phosphate and other chemicals for water retention, all fruit picked unripe and sprayed with pesticides, all eggs from chickens fed soy and corn, carageenen and gums in almost every single brand of ice cream and other processed foods, it's just a matter of picking your poison it seems. i can only imagine how joyous life would be if you could walk into any store and eat at any restaurant without having to worry about any adulterated food or it being cooked in soybean oil

lvysaur

Horizon Organic® is in compliance with FDA requirements and we list our ingredients accordingly. The ingredients listed in the Nutrition Facts are a reflection of what is found in the product. Please note that the ingredients are subject to change so we recommend that you review the ingredients list to ensure the product fits your dietary needs.
This is basically legal speak for "what's listed is there, but what isn't listed might be there"

I've always avoided Horizon because it smelled and tasted off to me

Sapien

yea...every foods been ruined. nanoprticles in commercial milk, all commercial meat soaked in trisodium phosphate and other chemicals for water retention, all fruit picked unripe and sprayed with pesticides, all eggs from chickens fed soy and corn, carageenen and gums in almost every single brand of ice cream and other processed foods, it's just a matter of picking your poison it seems. i can only imagine how joyous life would be if you could walk into any store and eat at any restaurant without having to worry about any adulterated food or it being cooked in soybean oil
:(

Sapien

:( well stated.

You can add to that list the fact that wild caught seafood is full of weird BS from ocean pollution