Starch persorption from fortified milk?

gaze

I was reading this thread by @milk_lover about the added vitamins in milk

The vitamin D in the milk seems to contain modified food starch (and silicon dioxide) and the vitamin A is dispersed in a "cornstarch-coated matrix of acacia and maltodextrin"

I would assume the modified food starch and the cornstarch are possible sources of persorption, given that cornstarch was one of the starches used by volkehiemer in his persorption studies. I think the most important part is just how much starch is used in the vitamin mixtures, its probably very little, but im not sure.

This would also explain why @haidut found gums and silica in all the organic milk brands he tested (although im not sure if he only tested fortified brands or if he tested whole milk as well.) If the silica showed up in significant amounts in haiduts tests, then the starch probably not negligible.
I know I felt horrible when I did a stint drinking fortified milk, I had intense stress and some unintentional weight loss, which I attributed to a reaction to the vitamin A, although it may have been these additives along with the vitamin A.

Last edited:

michael94

I was reading this thread by @milk_lover about the added vitamins in milk

The vitamin D in the milk seems to contain modified food starch (and silicon dioxide) and the vitamin A is dispersed in a "cornstarch-coated matrix of acacia and maltodextrin"

I would assume the modified food starch and the cornstarch are possible sources of persorption, given that cornstarch was one of the starches used by volkehiemer in his persorption studies. I think the most important part is just how much starch is used in the vitamin mixtures, its probably very little, but im not sure.

This would also explain why @haidut found gums and silica in all the organic milk brands he tested (although im not sure if he only tested fortified brands or if he tested whole milk as well.) If the silica showed up in significant amounts in haiduts tests, then the starch probably not negligible.
I know I felt horrible when I did a stint drinking fortified milk, I had intense stress and some unintentional weight loss, which I attributed to a reaction to the vitamin A, although it may have been these additives along with the vitamin A.
Do you have a link to where haidut tested the milk brands?