Vaccines Contain Endotoxin; Endotoxin May Become A Drug For Sugar Cravings

Discussion in 'Vaccines' started by haidut, Apr 19, 2016.

1. haidut

haidut Member

As if using endotoxin as a drug for treating IBS is not enough of an abomination, this news release caught my eye since it states that endotoxin is now used as adjuvant in vaccines, and also that endotoxinmay become a prescribed drug for treating sugar cravings. Wow, I wonder what's next - radiation for health improvement...Wait, that's already in place.

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2016-04-small-dose-coli-wall-big.html

"...Putting just a tiny piece of the wall of detoxified E. coli into their gut make mice lose their natural sweet tooth, researchers report. Fifteen hours after one small dose is placed in the gut, levels of the satiety hormone leptin go up, and within seven days, the taste for sweets and the number of sweet receptors on the tongue, go way down, said Dr. Lynnette McCluskey, neuroscientist in the Department of Neuroscience and Regenerative Medicine at the Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University."

"...A little bit of bacteria, may one day go a long way in fending off sweets just for the taste, the new study suggests. Although E. coli is often associated with sickness, only a few strains make us sick, and it's a normal constituent of the billions of bacteria in the gut microbiota that enable us to digest food. But this appears to be the first time E. coli's role in taste has been explored. More typically, a bit of the bacterial wall, called lipopolysaccharide, or LPS, of E. coli or some other gut inhabitant is used in vaccines to spur a more general, protective immune response. LPS taken from E. coli, minus the stomach-unsettling lipid portion, is a detoxified but potent agent already used in vaccines."

2. Tarmander

Tarmander Member

I can confirm that irritation of the intestine and stomach are great ways to both get rid of your sweet cravings and destroy your long term health.

3. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Lol. Reminds me of Peat's article about the officer who said he had to destroy a Vietnamese village to "save" it from the Viet Kong.

4. doorknobrob

doorknobrob Member

Lol!
    A new low, literally claiming poison is beneficial.
    I wonder if the rats whole appetite was suppressed from the poisoning or if it really is somehow targeting sweet cravings.

5. Such_Saturation

Such_Saturation Member

6. Hugh Johnson

Hugh Johnson Member

7. lindsay

lindsay Member

This sounds like a great recipe for a lot of new appendectomy patients :(

8. Makrosky

Makrosky Member

Can't it simply be an homeopathic reaction? I think they call it " hormesis", no? Like a very small piece of it can stimulate the body to fight it better.

9. PakPik

PakPik Member

Oh wow... the world is literally upside-down! yet another confirmation.
    What a mechanistically, heart-less way to apply knowledge. Endotoxin increases cytokines and these particular cytokines turn on anorexia type of circuitry in the brain. Plain old knowledge about the dangerous effects of endotoxin, but now it is going to be used therapeutically... wow...

10. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Well, if the assumption is that sugar craving is bad then whatever works against that must be good, right? It's the same with PUFA - i.e. the assumption is PUFA is essential and lowers cholesterol, which is thought to be good for heart disease. You can get a lot of evil and twisted "treatments" out of that flawed assumption as well. And given the intense differentiation in academia, most people do not know enough about stuff outside of their own fields to ever muster the courage to challenge such an assumption. As they said in academia, "publish or perish, don't ask questions".

11. Such_Saturation

Such_Saturation Member

Arsenic can be hormetic...

12. Makrosky

Makrosky Member

100% true. I've seen it with my own eyes for many years.

13. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

Everything bad can be hormetic.

14. Such_Saturation

Such_Saturation Member

I know. It's a collective hypocrisy.