Vaccines Contain Endotoxin; Endotoxin May Become A Drug For Sugar Cravings

haidut

Forum Supporter
As if using endotoxin as a drug for treating IBS is not enough of an abomination, this news release caught my eye since it states that endotoxin is now used as adjuvant in vaccines, and also that endotoxinmay become a prescribed drug for treating sugar cravings. Wow, I wonder what's next - radiation for health improvement...Wait, that's already in place.

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2016-04-small-dose-coli-wall-big.html

"...Putting just a tiny piece of the wall of detoxified E. coli into their gut make mice lose their natural sweet tooth, researchers report. Fifteen hours after one small dose is placed in the gut, levels of the satiety hormone leptin go up, and within seven days, the taste for sweets and the number of sweet receptors on the tongue, go way down, said Dr. Lynnette McCluskey, neuroscientist in the Department of Neuroscience and Regenerative Medicine at the Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University."

"...A little bit of bacteria, may one day go a long way in fending off sweets just for the taste, the new study suggests. Although E. coli is often associated with sickness, only a few strains make us sick, and it's a normal constituent of the billions of bacteria in the gut microbiota that enable us to digest food. But this appears to be the first time E. coli's role in taste has been explored. More typically, a bit of the bacterial wall, called lipopolysaccharide, or LPS, of E. coli or some other gut inhabitant is used in vaccines to spur a more general, protective immune response. LPS taken from E. coli, minus the stomach-unsettling lipid portion, is a detoxified but potent agent already used in vaccines."

Tarmander

I can confirm that irritation of the intestine and stomach are great ways to both get rid of your sweet cravings and destroy your long term health.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I can confirm that irritation of the intestine and stomach are great ways to both get rid of your sweet cravings and destroy your long term health.

Lol. Reminds me of Peat's article about the officer who said he had to destroy a Vietnamese village to "save" it from the Viet Kong.

Wow, I wonder what's next - radiation for health improvement...Wait, that's already in place.
Lol!
A new low, literally claiming poison is beneficial.
I wonder if the rats whole appetite was suppressed from the poisoning or if it really is somehow targeting sweet cravings.

article-0-19F9352A000005DC-522_634x403.jpg
4148503bc059c21e938dbd59cfe035e4.jpg

lindsay

This sounds like a great recipe for a lot of new appendectomy patients :(

Makrosky

As if using endotoxin as a drug for treating IBS is not enough of an abomination, this news release caught my eye since it states that endotoxin is now used as adjuvant in vaccines, and also that endotoxinmay become a prescribed drug for treating sugar cravings. Wow, I wonder what's next - radiation for health improvement...Wait, that's already in place.

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2016-04-small-dose-coli-wall-big.html

"...Putting just a tiny piece of the wall of detoxified E. coli into their gut make mice lose their natural sweet tooth, researchers report. Fifteen hours after one small dose is placed in the gut, levels of the satiety hormone leptin go up, and within seven days, the taste for sweets and the number of sweet receptors on the tongue, go way down, said Dr. Lynnette McCluskey, neuroscientist in the Department of Neuroscience and Regenerative Medicine at the Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University."

"...A little bit of bacteria, may one day go a long way in fending off sweets just for the taste, the new study suggests. Although E. coli is often associated with sickness, only a few strains make us sick, and it's a normal constituent of the billions of bacteria in the gut microbiota that enable us to digest food. But this appears to be the first time E. coli's role in taste has been explored. More typically, a bit of the bacterial wall, called lipopolysaccharide, or LPS, of E. coli or some other gut inhabitant is used in vaccines to spur a more general, protective immune response. LPS taken from E. coli, minus the stomach-unsettling lipid portion, is a detoxified but potent agent already used in vaccines."
Can't it simply be an homeopathic reaction? I think they call it " hormesis", no? Like a very small piece of it can stimulate the body to fight it better.

PakPik

Oh wow... the world is literally upside-down! yet another confirmation.
What a mechanistically, heart-less way to apply knowledge. Endotoxin increases cytokines and these particular cytokines turn on anorexia type of circuitry in the brain. Plain old knowledge about the dangerous effects of endotoxin, but now it is going to be used therapeutically... wow...

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Oh wow... the world is literally upside-down! yet another confirmation.
What a mechanistically, heart-less way to apply knowledge. Endotoxin increases cytokines and these particular cytokines turn on anorexia type of circuitry in the brain. Plain old knowledge about the dangerous effects of endotoxin, but now it is going to be used therapeutically... wow...

Well, if the assumption is that sugar craving is bad then whatever works against that must be good, right? It's the same with PUFA - i.e. the assumption is PUFA is essential and lowers cholesterol, which is thought to be good for heart disease. You can get a lot of evil and twisted "treatments" out of that flawed assumption as well. And given the intense differentiation in academia, most people do not know enough about stuff outside of their own fields to ever muster the courage to challenge such an assumption. As they said in academia, "publish or perish, don't ask questions".

Makrosky

And given the intense differentiation in academia, most people do not know enough about stuff outside of their own fields to ever muster the courage to challenge such an assumption. As they said in academia, "publish or perish, don't ask questions".
100% true. I've seen it with my own eyes for many years.

Kyle M

It increases leptin. This is something I was writing about in a series on obesity that I forgot about, but it looks like leptin is part of the immune response as much as it’s involved in satiety. Kind of like beating someone up and then asking if they are still hungry.

It increases leptin. This is something I was writing about in a series on obesity that I forgot about, but it looks like leptin is part of the immune response as much as it’s involved in satiety. Kind of like beating someone up and then asking if they are still hungry.

Peat has never been positive about leptin.

Leptin--from regulation of fat metabolism to stimulation of breast cancer growth. - PubMed - NCBI

Leptin restricts intake of calories as a satiety hormone. It probably stimulates neoplastic proliferation in breast cancer, too. Growth of malignant cells could be regulated by various leptin-induced second messengers like STAT3 (signal transducers and activators of transcription 3), AP-1 (transcription activator protein 1), MAPK (mitogen-activated protein kinase) and ERKs (extracellular signal-regulated kinases). They seem to be involved in aromatase expression, generation of estrogens and activation of estrogen receptor alpha (ERalpha) in malignant breast epithelium. Leptin may maintain resistance to antiestrogen therapy. Namely, it increased activation of estrogen receptors, therefore, it was suspected to reduce or even overcome the inhibitory effect of tamoxifen on breast cell proliferation. Although several valuable reviews have been focused on the role of leptin in breast cancer, the status of knowledge in this field changes quickly and our insight should be continuously revised. In this summary, we provide refreshed interpretation of intensively reported scientific queries of the topic.