Truckloads Of Marines And ISIS: Losing The Battle

yerrag

If you are the general in a battle, and you sent in the marines because ISIS was running the place down, what would be the obvious thing to losing this battle? It is to send in the marines in truckloads, and letting them stay on the truck. Shouldn't they be getting off the truck and getting on with business?

Yeah. If you let hospital doctors run the battle, that would be the case.

This morning, my mom developed a fever of 38.6C. Nurses came. They saw her oxygen saturation had gone down to 91. Alarmed, they put her on oxygen. And sure enough, oxygen saturation went up to 99. Whew! These heroes, they just know what to do! Wrong! Eeeehhhh!!

Well, not totally. I probably would just give her some oxygen, and when the oximeter reading came up to 99, I would remove the oxygen, give her back her atmospheric air, and leave the oximeter on her to monitor her. Then do bag breathing for say 15 minutes, rest for 10 minutes, and so on until I have about an hour of bag breathing.

But definitely, I would not leave the oxygen tank supply on her. Unless oxygen saturation goes down again, which could still happen.

The fever was triggered by the body's need for heat as a protection to fight off pathogens. To produce heat, the body has to increase its metabolism. In so doing, there is greater oxygen demand. The greater demand for oxygen caused more oxygen to be used by our tissues, such that by the time the blood reaches our finger tips, where the oximeter is, it shows a lower oxygen saturation. The lower SpO2 reading meant that oxygen is being used more by the body for its current need of increasing body temperature.

In this case, the body is getting the oxygen it needs. It would not be a good thing if the body were not getting enough oxygen delivered to its tissues, and in that condition the SpO2 reading would be 99 or even 100. If we just look at the SpO2 reading like the doctors do, we would just be sitting pretty and not be worried that our tissues aren't actually getting oxygen, and being stressed. That would be a bad thing.

The condition of the patient would worsen, and soon he may develop other conditions, requiring more drugs, and you can see where this leads to- more complications.

Hence, my invoking the marines as an example. If the marines are just staying on the truck, how can they fight the ISIS fighters? The doctor general can tell the president we are 100% deployed, but does that give Trump the best ground situation report? No. Hell no.

But that is the case almost all the time in hospitals. Every patient is losing that battle, and eventually losing the war by numerous more instances of losing battles. Each battle leaves you weaker, on more crutches in the form of prescription drugs and surgical procedures and devices, until you give up on life.

Carbon dioxide is cheap. A paper bag is cheap. Instead of paying the hospital bill for unneeded oxygen, bag breath and get more carbon dioxide into your body, so that you will get more oxygen from the free air. Don't rely too much on oxygen coming from those tanks. Pure oxygen kills.

Hospitals should use carbogen, and patient recovery time will be reduced drastically. But that's just not good business.

Last edited:

Dante

The fever was triggered by the body's need for heat as a protection to fight off pathogens. To produce heat, the body has to increase its metabolism. In so doing, there is greater oxygen demand. The greater demand for oxygen caused more oxygen to be used by our tissues, such that by the time the blood reaches our finger tips, where the oximeter is, it shows a lower oxygen saturation. The lower SpO2 reading meant that oxygen is being used more by the body for its current need of increasing body temperature.

In this case, the body is getting the oxygen it needs. It would not be a good thing if the body were not getting enough oxygen delivered to its tissues, and in that condition the SpO2 reading would be 99 or even 100. If we just look at the SpO2 reading like the doctors do, we would just be sitting pretty and not be worried that our tissues aren't actually getting oxygen, and being stressed. That would be a bad thing.
Are you sure that lower SpO2 means oxygen is being more "used by the body" ? What about people with COPD who show low SpO2 levels and yet show signs of cyanosis

Pure oxygen kills but I thought hospital oxygen cylinders contain 95% O2 /5% CO2 mixture .

I think this is what low SpO2 means
Hemoglobin - Wikipedia (deoxygenated hemoglobin)

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Are you sure that lower SpO2 means oxygen is being more "used by the body" ? What about people with COPD who show low SpO2 levels and yet show signs of cyanosis
That is my observation. The SpO2 readings have a range considered normal, from 93 upwards. There is this latitude because at any given time, it would vary as tissues receive oxygen from hemoglobin, depending on the body's needs. So, when the SpO2 is at 94, for example, we are not alarmed that it is not at 99. If, for example, you take progesterone and it increases metabolism. as manifested in increased body temperatures, you will see the SpO2 value go lower. Knowing that, we aren't going to say that a higher SpO2 value is necessarily an indication of better health. It just says that the body is using up more oxygen, and the blood is releasing more oxygen to the tissues. With an infection and the onset of fever, the body is also heating up and using up more oxygen than usual (assuming respiratory oxidation and not anaerobic glycolysis), and I would expect the SpO2 to go down, even to the point of being lower than the usual normal range of 93 upwards. Knowing that to be the case, I would want to be on the safe side and use some oxygen breathing, but only temporarily. I wouldn't want the oxygen breathing to be sustained, because it would eventually create a condition of low carbon dioxide in the blood, and then that would lead to the blood having difficulty releasing oxygen to the tissues. At this point, I may see SpO2 being 99, and I would be led to believe that the patient's tissues is getting well oxygenated. Yet I may find the patient having a high respiratory or breathing rate, and that's because the tissues are running low on oxygen, and it would lead to the body automatically gasping for more air with more effort.

I admit I'm not very familiar with the case of COPD and there are many reasons for blood not carrying enough oxygen. One cause I was personally afflicted with is mercury toxicity, which I resolved through chelation. Mercury binds to the oxygen carrying sites of hemoglobin, and it decreases the oxygen carrying capacity of the blood. There are many other causes, and in these instances, my observation and statements will not apply. In these instances, lower SpO2 readings do not indicate body using up more oxygen. But then, you can still apply the observation that the body using up more oxygen will result in a lower SpO2 reading, relative to the usual SpO2 reading for the subject.

Pure oxygen kills but I thought hospital oxygen cylinders contain 95% O2 /5% CO2 mixture .
I'm not aware of it. Ray Peat talks about this kind of mixture called carbogen adopted by a few fire stations in an interview but he does not talk about it being adopted by hospitals.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals