Unlimited Oxygen Intake Is Crucial But Taken For Granted Until Your Lungs No Longer Provide It

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I can’t put into words how happy I am to read your update! I’m so thankful and grateful to read that you’re back and doing better!!!
:grouphug2

Vinny

FedorovSM said he bought the device for 800 rubles around 10 years ago:

That was at a pharmacy. Hope it is still being sold and that the price hasn't changed much. That in current conversion is still less than US$10.
I`ve got it for 50 euro from a local distributor here in Sofia. Omsk manufacturer
inhalator.jpg

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Perhaps when I improve tissue oxygenation levels, if they had become depressed over these few months, have been restored would I then see my general well-being restored. Right now, it is falling apart.

Could the solution be this simple?

The issue with breathing/gas exchange is it’s one of the primary fundamental things that has to be adequate for everything else in the body to function so in a situation like yours I think zooming out to the big picture and ensuring you overcome the physical block in your lungs will help everything else fall into place. Only clearing the mucus doesn’t appear to have been enough thus far so this might be worth researching to see if it’s something that makes sense to you.

Reviewing past posts, these hit the nail on the head, meaning that all the issues I had stem from a lack of oxygen that wasn't addressed adequately for months, and led to a vuilsupnof symptoms and pathology that proved to be insurmountable by my own efforts.
@yerrag on a related note I am curious if you tried nebulized hydrogen peroxide, I recall some time back in another thread you had mentioned that you were contemplating it(?) but I think that was some time ago.

was actually intoxicated by a good anti-microbial agent - cinnamon bark oil. My tongue is pink and has little white, probably because of it.

Looking back, I was wrong in triviliazing the role of infection. While there was little indication there was bacterial infection in my lungs, the infection in the rest of the body was heavy, even though it was an infection that was low-grade and did not come with the symptom of a fever. This infection, I believe, was responsible for the large and frequent drops of spO² throughout day and night.

It came a point where the infectious load was so great my heart failed because of it. And the main culprit was actually an enterobacteria- which normally is commensal but turned pathogenic due to a very bad terrain in me.

I am thus more certain now how the final stages of solving my breathing, impaired muscular movement, and the later developing ankle edema issue.

No, I wasn't. Glad the ER folks were able to fix me up. And happy all it took me was a week to recover from heart failure to being back home, with all of my health back, literally.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Glad you are back Yerrag!! I appreciate your detailed sharing, only wish I could have helped.

so glad you made it!

Thank you.

I was connector to a respirator via intubation for 2 days at the ICU. It was from 31% FiO2 to 25 then to 21 which matched atmospheric air when the intubation was taken out. From the on, I was breathing 4lpm to 2 to 1 of oxygen, before finally I got weaned off to breathe only atmospheric air.

By then my spO2 reading had improves so much. That even my neuromuscular issues were gone.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I can’t put into words how happy I am to read your update! I’m so thankful and grateful to read that you’re back and doing better!!!
:grouphug2
I'm glad I learned to nebulize the right way as well. The respiratory therapists of the hospital were not intructing me to breathe in.

As I am now under bp medication, I would have to figure out how I could wean off the bp meds while resuming the use of Emeramide, which is how I see my bp naturally lower to normal levels.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@yerrag, me too and I’m glad the staff at least did the only thing they are generally decent at which is saving lives in a real emergency situation-which definitely has value. As far as restoring actual health afterward goes they are far less helpful but I have complete confidence in your capabilities!

Jam

Lejeboca

Glad you've been helped to hold on the cliff, Yerrag!!
Take care now and take it easy please.

Jam

Yerrag's account seems disabled? Do any mods know what's up?

Dr. B

Yerrag's account seems disabled? Do any mods know what's up?

Do you know what happened to him says last online September 15th? I was curious to hear his thoughts on the Israel situation

Dr. B

Until lately, I have taken my lungs for granted. Without any doubt, it is natural when I had good endurance. One time, without needing to train, I was surprised I could run up a steep hill of 5 km at a brisk, competitive pace and not falter. When my kayak would roll over, and I became underwater, I could take my time underneath the waves that my companions would start to wonder why I had not popped up.

Since February this year, when my lungs were subject to irritation by chemical stress, from my having taken cinnamon bark oil orally in the wrong way, my lungs have not been the same. And actually, it has been underperforming everyone else except for elderly people and people who suffer from emphysema from smoking. When I walk, I can feel myself panting from it, and have to slow down to a crawl. When I saw I piece of soft banana trunk, I my lungs would already strain from the little effort it requires.

This is 4 months after the incident. And it isn't so bad when, despite the ugly comparison I gave you, I am getting better, although a lot of patience is needed. As the body has its own schedule of healing, and the healing pace is highly dependent on the quality of treatment it is given. As I don't rely on doctors or hospital anymore, but on my own research, based a lot on Peat's writings and research shared here, I have quite a bit of a learning curve to overcome.

Old-timers here like me (member since 1016) have already been disabused of the notion that answers are within a click of your finger on the world wide web and on the Ray Peat Forum, and that finding a solution can still be a solitary journey (at least that has been my feeling). I, for one, still have to do deep dives on RPF material and RP material, and find as much sense as I connect all that content together in my mind. And from that, I have to begin experimenting on myself.

At a certain point, without even being fully healed and using that as my basis for giving you a definitive answer to how I fixed myself, I can begin to throw out some ideas from my experience that is largely still hypothetical but not just based on a whim but some data, however rough shod and diorganized the data come to me (I used to be more organized, but now it it has given way to more analyzing rather than the tedious routine of recording data which often I cannot find justification for). It's akin to being chased by a wolf and trying to measure how fast you can run, which would be a luxury.

That is my introduction before I get to the meat of the matter. I think the reader should know where I am coming from posting this. Here comes the gist of my post:

1. Having enough oxygen, not unlimited oxygen from the lungs, is still enough to give me good metabolism. If I were just in a state of rest, and I ate right. And were not subject to much stress- in all its forms- physically, physiologically, psychologically, and socioculturally. But since I am not subject now to physical, sociocultural and psychological stress, I would not know really know their effects with regard for my need for additional oxygen. But my current lung condition, bronchitis. ;eaves me vulnerable to physiological stress.

I still eat well, go through my day waking up and doing my chores and work, and reading and writing as I used to, and not given to fits of rage. My blood pressure is as high as usual, but as usual not affecting me any differently than when my lungs were better. My heart rate and my metabolism however, would vary, and would seem to correlate to my spO2 levels, but mostly being within the normal range used by the standard of care (medical establishment).

2. The most I could expect from working with just enough oxygen is that I cannot have excellent metabolism, just good. Good is when I would still see my blood sugar still being stable, and me not getting diabetic nor hypoglycemic. But I would see myself becoming more acidic. My urine would be at a lower pH, while my saliva would be correspondingly lower but higher by about 1 pH than my urine, and my breathing rate would still be normal at 14, which means there is enough CO2 to enable tissue oxygenation. This would mean that while I'm not given to anaerobic glycolysis, I'm not running totally on oxidative phosphorylation, and it is likely I am at times running on aerobic glycolysis.

It could very well be that I'm on 50% aerobic glycolysis and 50% oxidative phosphorylation.

I suspect given that my body senses my oxygen supply is limited, it must be downthrottling my thyroid production, in order to keep my oxygen consumption down to as to match my body's oxygen demand to the limited oxygen supply

This may explain why I am slightly hypothyroid now, as based on my ECG QTc value.

It may explain why when I took thyroid and pregnenolone to rev up my metabolism, i ended with a lower metabolism and felt spacey (lack of oxygen in my head) the next day, I think I intervened against the wisdom of the body, against its decision to lower my metabolism in order to match my oxygen demand to my limited oxygen intake.

It may also explain why when I took 6 glasses of carbonated water one day, I would keep waking up at night to urinate 2 to 3 cupfuls of very alkaline urine. For the body wanted to limit my metabolic rate. This would be along the lines of what Ray Peat would call protective inhibition.

3. I had been wondering why my ECG curve has been looking very different also. My QRS curve has been very low (for those whos don't understand what this is, kindly google for an image, as my trend of thought is disturbed when I had to draw up a low curve and a high curve and explain why it changes. Sorry) and it reflects the low energy available to the heart as it pumps. It indicates pleural effusion in the lungs (liquid in the lungs, which would block also gaseous exchange such as oxygen intake and CO2 exhaust). I would wonder if this were true because why would the lungs affect the heart in this way. A lot of times research just says and doesn't explain why. So I spent months thinking about this. But now I think that is true and not just the medical establishment making things up (I am given to doubting what they say as I am afraid of being led down a wild goose chase). As the heart pumps to the lungs to get blood oxygenated, coming back from the lungs, the heart is the first organ that the newly oxygenated blood passes, and so the heart would know be the first to know if there is enough oxygen available for it to use as usual. With less oxygen available due the poor oxygen intake in the lungs, the heart would not be able to continue to pump in a way that would be reflected in a high QRS curve. It is probably a protective mechanism of the body to conserve the use of the limited oxygen availability.

4. Along with my bronchitis, I also have symptoms of ALS. I would be thinking of this as me having to face two problems at the same time. I would be thinking of this as both a breathing issue as well as s neuromuscular issue on an equivalent level. But now I think of it is a breathing issue primarily and a neuromuscular issue secondarily. I should fix the breathing issue first and the neuromuscular issue should be fixed as a result.

I think that the body may be inducing the neuromuscular issue to keep me from physical activity as protective inhibition, to channel my limited metabolic energy towards healing my lungs, so as to regain my ability to breathe in unlimited oxygen. And so I should just help my body towards that goal by not getting in its way.

5. Expressing my thanks once again to Ray Peat for giving me material to build on as I think my way out of my health issue. Especially for writing "Mind And Tissue," which is a deep read and which intially appeared irrelevant to me that I didn't read it. But now becomes very relevant as it exposes the wrong way by which western doctors frame their approach towards healing. It is a deep read that now I appreciate very much, although I am not even halfway to finishing reading.

So is holding your breath underwater related to good metabolism or high levels of oxygen in the body? Because taking swimming lessons as a kid, i was able to stay underwater much longer than the other kids and even the instructor. I also used what I thought was a trick, before going underwater, I would puff my cheeks full of air, then stay that way underwater. Eventually, when it got tougher to remain underwater I would eject all the air stored in my cheeks and it would give me an additional 20-30 seconds time underwater.

But im wondering does it mean your metabolism is slower or faster, if you dont need to breathe as much? Slower metabolism people dont need to eat as much… is it the same for breathing? So staying underwater for longer is a sign of slower metabolism, higher oxygen and less CO2 than what is ideal?

I wonder what happened to @yerrag.

I have a feeling that he may not have made it. His posts got increasingly alarming, to me. Very alarming.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals