Drinking Soda When Sick is An Excellent Way to Recover - It Now Makes So Much Sense How My Mom Cared For Me For Fever and Flu

I am sharing this although this post is not likely to make sense for many. For the few who can distill its essence, it will be of value and serve you well.
I found your post really interesting yerrag! Do you think sipping on soda, that is caffeine free, when not sick, is a strategy for good sleep, especially for someone who snores?

I started drinking softdrinks 5years ago but i always check the ingredients. No to artificial sweeteners and no caffeine.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I found your post really interesting yerrag! Do you think sipping on soda, that is caffeine free, when not sick, is a strategy for good sleep, especially for someone who snores?
If someone snores, it's a problem with acid base balance from poor internal respiration or poor external respiration, or worse, both. If gas exchange in external respiration is fine, then poor sugar metabolism can make the ecf acidic from too much lactic acid and too little carbon dioxide. If external respiration is poor, oxygen intake and CO2 exhaust is poor and this can cause ecf to be acidic.

Too much acidity from lactic acid displaces CO2 from the blood, and makes it hard for oxygen to be released to the tissues (Bohr's Law).

Too much acidity from CO2- carbonic acid in the ecf causes an automatic increase in breathing rate in attempting to expel CO2, but this doesn't work well if the lungs cannot adequately expel the CO2.

Either way, the breathing rate increases regardless of the cause of high acidity. Since breathing only expels CO2, excess acidity from other sources can only be expelled thru the kidneys. But the kidneys expel acidity more slowly.

When the endogenous production of acids and the intake of acids continually exceed the rate by which the lungs and kidney expel acid, the ecf becomes chronically acidic. And it will most likely be with acids other than carbonic acid and likely with lactic acids. This acidic burden can be worsened in the case of infection, as the body produces acids to neutralize the infection.

Whether it's caused by poor gas exchange in the lungs or by poor metabolism, or both, or whether or not worsened by infection, the subject will struggle to get oxygen delivered to the tissues.

Instead of breathing by the nose, he will automatically resort to breathing by the mouth . This causes him to snore. This is different from snorting, when there is obstruction in the nose and the nasal passages.

People who snore have more serious issues that regularly taking in sugar from sipping Coke by itself can't fix. Sometimes the sugar intake can worsen it, if the person is not insulin deficient, as it would cause an insulin reaction that drops blood sugar to hypoglycemic levels, and this would lead to the liver not converting t4 to t3. This would move him further away from oxphos and towards aerobic glycolysis.

Last edited:
If someone snores, it's a problem with acid base balance from poor internal respiration or poor external respiration, or worse, both. If gas exchange in external respiration is fine, then poor sugar metabolism can make the ecf acidic from too much lactic acid and too little carbon dioxide. If external respiration is poor, oxygen intake and CO2 exhaust is poor and this can cause ecf to be acidic.

Too much acidity from lactic acid displaces CO2 from the blood, and makes it hard for oxygen to be released to the tissues (Bohr's Law).

Too much acidity from CO2- carbonic acid in the ecf causes an automatic increase in breathing rate in attempting to expel CO2, but this doesn't work well if the lungs cannot adequately expel the CO2.

Either way, the breathing rate increases regardless of the cause of high acidity. Since breathing only expels CO2, excess acidity can only be expelled thru the kidneys. But the kidneys expel acidity more slowly.

When the endogenous production of acids and the intake of acids continually exceed the rate by which the lungs and kidney expel acid, the ecf becomes chronically acidic. And it will most likely be with acids other than carbonic acid and likely with lactic acids. This acidic burden can be worsened in the case of infection, as the body produces acids to neutralize the infection.

Whether it's caused by poor gas exchange in the lungs or by poor metabolism, or both, or whether or not worsened by infection, the subject will struggle to get oxygen delivered to the tissues.

Instead of breathing by the nose, he will automatically resort to breathing by the mouth . This causes him to snore. This is different from snorting, when there is obstruction in the nose and the nasal passages.

People who snore have more serious issues that regularly taking in sugar from sipping Coke by itself can't fix. Sometimes the sugar intake can worsen it, if the person is not insulin deficient, as it would cause an insulin reaction that drops blood sugar to hypoglycemic levels, and this would lead to the liver not converting t4 to t3. This would move him further away from oxphos and towards aerobic glycolysis.
I don’t have anybody in my home that snores, but was more interested in your better sleep. The snore factor was just something to pass on.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I don’t have anybody in my home that snores, but was more interested in your better sleep. The snore factor was just something to pass on.
Snoring is already an advanced stage of poor metabolism. Good sleep is from excellent sugar metabolism and a balanced microbiome in the gut that keeps serotonin in check.

But certainly, with good metabolism there is no need to take in extra sugar beyond your daily meals, as in between you have stable and healthy blood sugar levels maintained.

If you have to drink Coke for the sugar to help your sleep, then you have to ask why you need it.

Snoring is already an advanced stage of poor metabolism. Good sleep is from excellent sugar metabolism and a balanced microbiome in the gut that keeps serotonin in check.

But certainly, with good metabolism there is no need to take in extra sugar beyond your daily meals, as in between you have stable and healthy blood sugar levels maintained.

If you have to drink Coke for the sugar to help your sleep, then you have to ask why you need it.
Well I have been sleeping well this past week, but that hasn’t always been the case lately, from extra stresses, so back up plans for less successful night are nice to have in my bag of tricks :)

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Well I have been sleeping well this past week, but that hasn’t always been the case lately, from extra stresses, so back up plans for less successful night are nice to have in my bag of tricks :)
I just had a bad night the other night. But I turned it around and last night I slept well. I had been using an emf zapper and turned the voltage up too much. That probably killed off too much bacteria and I had too much die-off. I then stopped using the zapper, and then when I went back on it, I put myself on the detox program.

I went from one day being so fatigued to the next day being full of energy.

So many things to learn, but learned it's more for the bag of tricks :):

Serene

Yeah finding sodas in glass that are “peaty” is difficult. I am gonna look for a clear Sprite type one.
I get mexican Sprite here at the supermarket where I buy my Mexican coke. Made with sugar. Yum!

Serene

My grandmother used to give us ginger ale and she also used to give us Coca Cola Syrup for an upset tummy. No CO2 obviously but it worked. Wonder if they still make it.

Found some on amazon. Not the coke brand though. She definitely gave us stuff with a coke label.

Last edited: